If Barry left, would you 'boo' him on his return ?

BOF

What would you do?  

254 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• I would boo him til my throat was sore
    • I would clap him, he will always have my respect
    • I would stay silent

I'd depends how he left like some players take a parting shot. If he did this (and I very much doubt he would), then I would not be happy. Anything else I would probably say silent and thank him for service to the club when/if he leaves.

If he left us now with the club on the up and with him being such an integral part of our plans then i would boo him but perhaps not until my throat was sore!!!

surely thats a better time to leave us than when we were down in the dumps?

he played his part in getting us on the up, so hes partly to thank for where we are right now

I would clap him - even if he went to Liverpool etc... It killed me when Yorke went, but this seems different for some reason. You can never question Barry's commitment for us and he has done a lot over the 10 years.

We'll see what happens, but if he does go, I will clap!

Clap him, he's already stuck with us through more than most footballers would have these days. Your lucky if your heroes stay around for 3 years or so in this era before they're off - unless you are Man U. I'd question his judgement though, Liverpool is not a good move IMHO. As for Benitez, I dislike the guy more every day.

Pure abuse from me, im sorry but he would be a bigger judas than Yorke if he **** off to the pool, plain and simple.

Rubbish. He would get applause from me, without question. Why should he get anything else?

I remember when Southgate came back for his first game after he joined Boro. He stood in the middle of the pitch at the final whistle and applauded all foru sides of the ground(just like when he was at Villa). I stood and applauded back.

A good pro who gives many years to one club is a rarity and deserves respect.

mmm this all highly depends on who he joined if he joined arsenall,chelsea,man ure id clap cuz it shows he actually wants to win something if he went to liverpool then id prolly boo cuz liverpool are shit and a waste of space.

mmm this all highly depends on who he joined if he joined arsenall,chelsea,man ure id clap cuz it shows he actually wants to win something if he went to liverpool then id prolly boo cuz liverpool are shit and a waste of space.

Even though Liverpool have finished higher than Arsenal for 2 of the last 3 years, won a European Cup more recently, been to a European Cup final more recently, won the FA Cup more recently than Arsenal and the League Cup more recently? In fact the only thing they haven’t won more recently is the league

I'd boo because he can't play the ambition or trophies cards like $outhgate or Shite Dorke - it will be a purely money-motivated move. The Dippers are as likely to win a trophy next season as we are, he'll be swapping a stable club where he is revered by the fans for one currently in turmoil as just another player who does'nt deserve to clean *Super Steevie Geee's* boots. So he'll get no sympathy for me for being a thick bastard.

What are you doing, Gareth..... :x

Pure abuse from me, im sorry but he would be a bigger judas than Yorke if he **** off to the pool, plain and simple.

Rubbish. He would get applause from me, without question. Why should he get anything else?

I remember when Southgate came back for his first game after he joined Boro. He stood in the middle of the pitch at the final whistle and applauded all foru sides of the ground(just like when he was at Villa). I stood and applauded back.

A good pro who gives many years to one club is a rarity and deserves respect.

For the following reasons -

1.) Everything he wanted when he resigned MON has provided, leaving now would be a slap in the face not only to MON but the fans also.

2.) He plays regular football here, as our captain and starts for England as a consequence.

3.) He knows the plans and ideas of MON and Randy Lerner so leaving us to play for a direct rival, someone we intend to be challenging as soon as possible, would be unacceptable.

4.) He would be playing for the opposition team why would you applaud him and aid him/massage his ego while he is trying to beat us!?

If he went to any of the top three i wouldn't be as bothered because they are a step above Liverpool and more than likely they could offer us the money he is worth, the money we want for him rather than try and rip us off like that fat word removed benitez.

Yeah Barry is a great servant to this club but the only way he leaves us is if he breaks his contract and demands a move which would make him a massive judas, especially when you take reasons1-3 into account. If he does that then i couldn't forgive him.

Thinking about how ignorant, and ultimately foolish the West Ham fans looked an Sunday when they booed NRC at every move, I think it would be pretty silly to boo him. Having a song ready, "You should have stayed with Villa!" as we put the winning goal past Liverpool, on the other hand, would be very good.

totally agree. West ham's booing of Reo came across as childish.

Even though Liverpool have finished higher than Arsenal for 2 of the last 3 years, won a European Cup more recently, been to a European Cup final more recently, won the FA Cup more recently than Arsenal and the League Cup more recently? In fact the only thing they haven’t won more recently is the league

arsenal look like challeging for the league every year liverpool dont,been to the europein cup final more recently by year over arsenal? fact is why move to liverpool when all they do every year is get into the cl they got a bad manager and an average team with a few exceptional players if you wont success why take the worst option out of the 4 all teams get in the champions league and only 3 out of the 4 challegene to win the league every year not alot matters other than that for a big team

Â