Formula One - 2021

BOF

13 hours ago, Genie said:

More cutting edge fashion from Lewis 

47894849-9988637-y-m-81_1631604484624.jp

Link

Seems like high fashion these days is the most ridiculous thing you’re prepared to wear that’ll get you into the papers (even if you looks like a total idiot).

Looks like he accidently removed the table cloth when getting up🤣

I do wonder how many of the field on Sunday would have back out of it if in Max's position........

I am probably in the minority in thinking that as there have been many overtakes at that corner and his car was along side (not level) with Lewis car he was right to try the overtake. The way it finished up has made it look far more dangerous than it was.

I don't like either driver particularly and wish that Lando was closer in the title race to take advantage of these skirmishes.

On 15/09/2021 at 22:15, mykeyb said:

I do wonder how many of the field on Sunday would have back out of it if in Max's position........

I am probably in the minority in thinking that as there have been many overtakes at that corner and his car was along side (not level) with Lewis car he was right to try the overtake. The way it finished up has made it look far more dangerous than it was.

I don't like either driver particularly and wish that Lando was closer in the title race to take advantage of these skirmishes.

Not for me. Again I’d urge you to watch the onboard footage from max’ car (posted above) and find when exactly that overtake was on. It never was

• Like 1

TIMES EDITED.

Big weekend in Sochi.  I've only just realised they brought F3 in on the calendar too. So all 3 formulas will be racing this weekend. In the case of F3 it's the final 3 races of the season and one of Hauger or Doohan will be crowned champion.

Times are BST (Sochi -2hrs)

Friday
11:00 F3 qualifying
14:25 F2 qualifying (now 14:20)

Saturday
06:35 F3 race 1 (now Friday 15:25)
08:30 F2 sprint race 1
11:40 F3 race 2
13:00 F1 qualifying
14:45 F2 sprint race 2

Sunday
07:55 F3 race 3
09:20 F2 feature race
13:00 F1 grand prix

2daHrxV.gif

• Like 2

Just now, ozvillafan said:

Should be Piastri

There really is a backlog of talent bulding up behind F1. Piastri has almost been hampered by getting there too soon. He's heading for 3 titles in 3 years. He's at the head of the F2 queue before the likes of Shwartzman, Zhou, Lundgaard or Vips have even had a chance to get into F1. Drivers are getting to F1 younger and younger so they're staying there for longer. I haven't even mentioned Pourchaire. The ridiculous thing is if Piastri wins the title he can't compete in it next year. It looks like Zhou is in, and Piastri has already ridiculed the notion of throwing the title so that he can compete again next year.

The other problem is, Steiner has said there is no Haas without Mazepin's investment, so there wouldn't be a seat for Piastri, so it's Nikita + 1 other. Do you then dump Schumacher? I don't think you do.

Oh and F2 & F3 have announced simpler formats for next year, reverting to the 2020 format of racing on the same weekend as each other, 2 races per meet and therefore only 1 reverse grid.