Formula One - 2021

BOF

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Lewis’s head shoved by Max’s tyre. He said his neck is sore

AA8-E7-B93-13-CE-4-CC2-9-B18-C5-CB703638

Looks like that would have been a fatal accident if it wasn’t for the halo.

Still can't get over how Verstappen didn't even pause to see how he was. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Still can't get over how Verstappen didn't even pause to see how he was. 

I said earlier he was trying to kill him, should be a 3 year ban not 3 places, I jest.

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Have you not seen the footage of max spinning his wheels when the car was beached on top of Lewis

The bloke Is a petulant manchild 

Poor attempt at giving MV a penalty there , surely it was fully at fault and should have yielded the corner , he seems to have an attitude of you either back out or we crash  , young lad I know but needs to grow up quickly with his after the incident ignorance it’s just turned him into an even more dislikable bellend , saying that, he does drive for a fitting team for him as it’s full of of them 

Regardless of our opinions on either driver, I'm loving the fact that for the first time in years we have a title fight/rivalry as intense as this. We're witnessing a season that will go down as one of the greats imo. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 2

Having seen the onboard footage from Max’s car (the extended footage, it’s on YouTube) I have to agree with the penalty now. 

He comes from absolutely miles back. It’s an absolutely huge lunge that had no chance of coming off. He’s got no right to that corner

3 grid places is a joke. The bloke is a word removed. His initial response on the radio should have been the nail in the coffin for a harsh punishment. 

Disgraceful. And I think had it been anyone but Lewis more people would be angry about it.

• Like 4

I'm still wondering about why Max's wheels were spinning round. Was he really trying to drive his car on the top of Lewis' car? How dangerous can you get? Unless it was some kind of malfunction...

But equally... Lewis trying to reverse his car while Max was getting out and then walking behind him? What if he'd been successful and the car had shifted? Max could have been a world of trouble.

I understand it was in a race and they were both wound up but it seems to me both them were being extremely reckless in the immediate moments after the incident.

Edited by Lichfield Dean

12 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

But equally... Lewis trying to reverse his car while Max was getting out and then walking behind him? What if he'd been successful and the car had shifted? Max could have been a world of trouble.

Could also be directed at Max, why did he walk behind Lewis’s car when he was still trying to get free? Cos he’s a dick.

Max shouldn't have been walking there, but Lewis shouldn't have been trying to manouvre without knowing where Max was.

Obviously fantastic engineering played a big role in protecting LH, but it was much more luck than judgement on the part of the drivers that we didn't have a serious injury or fatality.

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Could also be directed at Max, why did he walk behind Lewis’s car when he was still trying to get free? Cos he’s a dick.

Yeah, actually, I remember thinking at the time that it seemed a bit odd that Max decided to wander off down the track. Don't think that would have been my first choice on a racing circuit.

11 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Yeah, actually, I remember thinking at the time that it seemed a bit odd that Max decided to wander off down the track. Don't think that would have been my first choice on a racing circuit.

He ignored the steward telling him to get the **** off the track too. Almost like he did it so Lewis couldn’t reverse even if he was able to break free.

• Like 1

Man this thread has got ugly. Lambasting an overtake attempt that happened at about 40 mph on a corner where overtakes are regularly attempted, while a few weeks back defending an overtake attempt at 150mph on a corner where overtakes are extremely rare for good reason. I guess it really is about perspective.  Anyway, on to the actual incident.  First of all, where Max's wheels ended up after the attempt doesn't make the attempt itself a dangerous one. It's a corner where cars regularly clash.  You're in the lap of the Gods at that point.  The attempt was never going to work because of the two individuals involved, and because of what was at stake. If Max had tried that manouver against anyone else then I'm sure he'd have bailed halfway through and straight-lined the corner, but because it was his main rival he was determined to ask the question. On the other hand Lewis gave him zero track to be able to complete the move, even though he gave him plenty to begin it. The problem Lewis had in that situation was he knowingly gave Max the invitation for an accident and Max had no reason to decline it. The accident was inevitable at that point. Max had given Lewis zero room earlier in the race, so I guess it was probably Lewis giving Max a taste of his own medicine and paying the price. There's a pair of them in it but I agree with Max getting a bit more of the blame because even though Lewis closed the door, Max had the option to bail out and didn't take it. Not the most egregious decision, and the way the cars ended up afterwards was extremely unfortunate and Lewis can count himself lucky. But it's pretty much a racing incident with a tiny slap on the wrist.

It's gone full Prost-Senna now I think, which is brilliant for us. Enjoy it. We'll be talking about this for years. These 2 know where they stand with each other now :) 

• Like 1