New Music 2021

theboyangel

3 hours ago, cyrusr said:

So Serena Cherry from Svalbard's black metal solo project Noctule has its debut album being released in April. Lyrically based around the video game Skyrim lead single is out and it ain't bad

I got a heads up about this while it was being put together. No mention of Skyrim at the the time but it's bound to make for an interesting concept even if I don't understand a word of it. No doubt it'll be worth hearing, Serena is excellent.

• Like 1

This is out today, I've been waiting for ages for it, it doesn't disappoint, I've listened to the album 4 times today

Lesbian folk/indie seems to be my go to genre for some reason these days, I have no regrets I **** love it and her last 2 albums have helped me through some **** rough times.

I know this is new music 2021 but this is her singing, nothing more that a carpark, her and a guitar.

The girl is **** amazing in my opinion

Edited by leemond2008
  • Like 1

On 26/02/2021 at 20:46, leemond2008 said:

This is out today, I've been waiting for ages for it, it doesn't disappoint, I've listened to the album 4 times today

Lesbian folk/indie seems to be my go to genre for some reason these days, I have no regrets I **** love it and her last 2 albums have helped me through some **** rough times.

I know this is new music 2021 but this is her singing, nothing more that a carpark, her and a guitar.

The girl is **** amazing in my opinion

Yeah, I agree. I came across her music via Lucy Dacus - Boygenius. Same with Phoebe Bridgers. They're all 3 of them better on their own, I think than Boygenius, but all good.

14 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah, I agree. I came across her music via Lucy Dacus - Boygenius. Same with Phoebe Bridgers. They're all 3 of them better on their own, I think than Boygenius, but all good.

I have no idea how I found any of them, Phoebe Bridgers is pretty popular these days after her Punisher album.

I quite like Boygenius, I still listen to it pretty often, Better Oblivion Community Center is another of Phoebe's albums with Connor Oberst, that's well worth a listen as well if you haven't heard it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/03/2021 at 13:41, theboyangel said:

Jane Weaver - Flock is very good on first listen. Not as electronic as previous releases but still a great sound.

I’m a bit ambivalent on it so far. I mean it’s pleasant, but hasn’t grabbed me like previous ones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

I’m a bit ambivalent on it so far. I mean it’s pleasant, but hasn’t grabbed me like previous ones.

I agree - it’s a little more ‘commercial’ but I’ve been enjoying giving it a spin. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Nice bloke, Martin Carr, we share the same hair issues. I put the Boo Radleys on a few times in the early days. I really liked his Gold Lift single a few years ago (about Trump)