New Music 2021

theboyangel

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

New Courtney Barnett Album  - Things take time, take time.

Pre-ordered.

I'm about to do the same this weekend. The standard one not the mentally priced boxes with tie died socks and the like

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Sturgill Simpson has a new album out in August - might be of interest to @Seat68

Concept album. Rumours its his last ever. Time will tell. Really looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

New Voronoi album is a trip, if polyrhythmic-synth-jazz (nobody could dance to that!) is your jam.

Analogous to; Three Trapped Tigers, The Physics House Band, Gallops and/or Vince DiCola's films scores for Rocky IV/Transformers.

Ty Segall with a surprise announcement he’s releasing a new album - immediately checks bank balance! 

https://weallwantsomeone.org/2021/08/03/ty-segall-announces-new-album-harmonizer/

Today Ty Segall announced his surprise new album Harmonizer which he has also released today via Drag City. The album sees Segall’s sound continue to evolve into a new and unexpected territory.

The album sees him lean further into synth production as well as bets, keyboard textures as well as of course guitars. It’s the first recording of Ty’s to be released from Ty’s newly-completed Harmonizer Studios and see’s him joined by The Freedom Band — Ben Boye, Mikal Cronin, Emmett Kelly, and Charles Moothart.

• Like 1

"New" Prince album released out of the vault last Friday.

Glad to finally hear stuff being released from that time period. I love his stuff from the 80s but, without me trying to sound the a hipster, I enjoy his later material (when he wasn't writing "hits") much more.

21 hours ago, cyrusr said:

And new Rolo Tomassi song released today having signed for eOne Heavy

Glad they're sticking with the general aesthetic of Time Will Die And Love Will Bury It.  Love the smattering of M83-esque synths in between the heavy stuff.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New Big Red Machine (Aaron Dessner, Justin Vernon) album out today featuring Anaïs Mitchell x 3, Taylor Swift x 2, Fleet Foxes, Ilsey, Naeem, Sharon Van Etten, Lisa Hannigan, Shara Nova, La Force, Ben Howard and This Is The Kit.

te8c63tho7871.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

• Like 2

:D

Abba releases a new album with ten songs and holds a digital concert with "abbots" where digital versions and a live band of ten people perform in a specially built arena, Benny Andersson tells SVT.

Already in April 2018 came the news that Abba would release new music. Their manager confirmed that two new songs - Do not shut me down and I still have faith in you had already been recorded. In May this year, the group announced that it was about five songs.

- When we had these two songs, it felt a little thin, "shall we not do some more?" and we did some more and it turned out well and then we thought we would drive on and run an entire album, says Benny Andersson.   

The album Voyage will be the first studio album in 40 years, since The visitors from 1981 with songs like Head over heels and Slipping through my fingers.

https://www.svt.se/kultur/benny-andersson-det-ar-bra-det-later-som-det-alltid-har-gjort

Seemingly, I have two main loves in music these days; hardcore rock and drum and bass.  No-one (it seems) is fussed about d&b on here - but the Belgian scene is just so solid and the production coming out of it is immense.  Murdock's latest track is a banger - fantastic sampling and really makes me want to be at a festival again... the video doesn't help I guess.

So yeah, tune: