New Music 2021

theboyangel

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, cyrusr said:

This is coming as the Church Road Records subscription for June and they are a Birmingham band which is cool playing "doomgaze"? Sounds pretty cool though and akin to Holy Fawn (so thought of @GarethRDR) in particular. 

This bangs.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

New Cannibal Corpse this week which slays. The "alternate" cover was totally worth getting though (not put here as definitely NSFW). 

New Offspring as well which is alright, I guess. Odd to have a cover of "In The Hall of the Mountain King" though.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Squid album Bright Green Field was released today and on first spin during my morning run it’s pretty good indeed.

looking forward to seeing them live in October (🤞) at a rare decent gig in nearby Exeter 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to listening to the new Regional Justice Centre record, which is a bit silly really as it's only 13 minutes long. 

For fans of Power Violence, Grind, and Hardcore. I'm on a HC tear at the moment, one for the what album thread... I think. 

11 hours ago, hogso said:

Finally got round to listening to the new Regional Justice Centre record, which is a bit silly really as it's only 13 minutes long. 

For fans of Power Violence, Grind, and Hardcore. I'm on a HC tear at the moment, one for the what album thread... I think. 

You might get a kick out of this year's Stiff Meds and Gravesend albums.

23 hours ago, sne said:

Horndal - Lake Drinker. Bit early Mastodon, bit sludge, bit Swedish small town misery

Album Review: Horndal - Lake Drinker - New Noise Magazine

Whilst the Pupil Slicer is good (thanks @GarethRDR), this is great. Reminds me a lot of High on Fire as well. Thank you! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ChrisVillan said:

I'd have thought Pupil Slicer would be right up your street. I think it's banging.

Oh it is, and I definitely want to check out more but that Horndal track is absolutely killer.  

Edit: should have said that liked both enough to buy both albums. 

Edited by cyrusr