New Music 2021

theboyangel

It must be a decade since she released her debut album backed by Beak> on Geoff Barrow's Invada Label but finally she's back, Anika who sounds very like Nico. Again on Invada

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hung out with my buddy who works for Sweden Rock and who usually provides me with new stuff to listen to and he gave a couple new ones to go through.

Full album coming soon ⬆️

Egyptian metal, also new album coming soon ⬆️

Also has a new album out any day now.

interesting release by Metallica in September- 53 covers of the black album tracks to celebrate its 30th anniversary.

Many fond memories of that album, their most commercial up to that point and launched them into the upper echelons of record sales.

Not a patch on their earlier albums but still holds up well today. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Per Gessle???? :lol:

This admittedly confused me so mooneyed it! 

had no idea he’s a Swedish musician!?! 

The covering artists are certainly ‘eclectic’ to say the least! 

13 hours ago, theboyangel said:

interesting release by Metallica in September- 53 covers of the black album tracks to celebrate its 30th anniversary.

Many fond memories of that album, their most commercial up to that point and launched them into the upper echelons of record sales.

Not a patch on their earlier albums but still holds up well today. 

The album massively tails off half way through though, that’s why when they play it “live in its entirety” they play it backwards. Whilst some good tracks are on it, doesn’t hold anything to Kill, Lightning & Puppets.I am curious by some of the covers (and pre ordered anyway) but there is going to be a lot of rubbish on this.

They have also announced the remastered version of the album with 5 LPs, 14(!) CDs & 6 DVDs which include various outtakes, interviews and live shows. All yours for a low low price of £230 (plus shipping)!

• Like 2

I haven't dared listen to this thread properly for a while as it dangerous. 

BTBAM - I've listened to a couple of times and even saw a bit live at a festival once, never really grabbed me, but that new track is not bad... might have another look. 

For all of my love for Ihsahn, I just cannot get into Leprous. Whilst that new one is alright, still not grabbing me. 

Thanks @JoshVilla

Also not posted new releases for a while either (sorry - quite a few to go through)!

Noctule - Wretched Abyss (full album out now - decent black metal)

Epiphanic Truth - Dark Triad: Bitter Psalms to a Sordid Species (an "anonymous anti-facist collective" from Church Road Records so not bad)

Burning Witches - The Witch of the North (NWOBHM band)

Warrior Path - The Mad King (decent power metal)

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Butterfly 3000

Helloween - S/T (old school power metal)

Fear Factory - Aggression Continuum (given the background to this record, comes out OK)

Heavy Temple - Lupi Temple (I actually can't remember why I bought this whether someone recommended here or not! Pretty decent though - heavy psych/doom)

Amenra - De Doorn (not listened to this yet but 1st album from Amenra not a "Psalm" one)

Darkthrone - Eternal Hails (one of the few old school black metal bands that think have got better as they have gone on)

And Enslaved (another ever improving black metal band) have released their Cinematic Tour 2020 box set - 4CDs/DVDs of their streamed shows last year. Caught them all at the time (where else was I going to go?) but nice to get a proper copy. 

• Thanks 1

Couple of newbies this week.

Firstly, Scalping's Flood EP.  They'd be pretty high up any list I conjured up of top live performances, appropriately loud and very enjoyable.

And the first new Amusement Parks On Fire album in... 11 years I think?  On balance, doesn't really deviate much from their original template, but then it's been a decade so hard to criticise.

Edited by GarethRDR

• 2 weeks later...