Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Cotterill Appointed

Birmingham City have appointed Steve Cotterill as their new manager on a two-and-a-half year contract.

The 53-year-old replaces Harry Redknapp, who was sacked by Blues earlier this month after six successive defeats in all competitions.

Ex-Bristol City boss Cotterill ended last season as Redknapp's assistant for the final three games but turned down the chance to stay this summer.

Caretaker boss Lee Carsley will stay at the club as his number two.

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep happy karanka turned them down as he would do a better job than Cotterill. 

I've read that he didn't turn them down rather SHA pulled the plug on negotiations as they weren't going well Karanka was very demanding apparently.

1 minute ago, fifamad said:

I've read that he didn't turn them down rather SHA pulled the plug on negotiations as they weren't going well Karanka was very demanding apparently.

Oh really so they went for the cheap option. If they start losing straight away though after carsley impressive start knives will be out early. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh really so they went for the cheap option. If they start losing straight away though after carsley impressive start knives will be out early. 

I agree but Carlsey will be he's assistant, I think he'll do better than Redknapp he had an awful start. Apparently Cotterill did all the work in those last 3 games, it's funny how it fell apart once Steve left. I've always thought Redknapp was a con man still do he don't do anything apart from sign players and talk bollocks.

Blue will finish above Villa for sure :crylaugh:

Speaking at an after dinner event at Walsall’s Banks’s Stadium, Redknapp said: “I know there is a lot of Villa and West Brom fans who don’t like Birmingham, but I’ll tell you one thing, Birmingham will not be far away from making the play-offs this year. "

They’ve got five of their best players not playing.I think when Birmingham get everybody fit they’ll finish above Villa this year for sure.”

Hahahahaha

10 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Clearly preparing for league 1 then 

He'll keep them up.

Won't do much better than that though....was mid table for years at Burnley. They sacked him and within a year Coyle had took them into the premier league.

They'll be a long way off top 6 which won't please the owners with all the investment they made.

6 hours ago, fifamad said:

Being honest it's an ok appointment especially with Lee Carsley as assistant. I've heard that Steve Cotterill did most of the work with the players in the last 3 games which kept them up.

He coached them in how to lose a Steve Bruce team that didn't have a shot for 70 minutes, that will do me. :D

7 hours ago, fifamad said:

Karanka comes across a right word removed. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, av1 said:

Hahahahaha

So if Hairy Rednad thinks that Blose will finish above Villa, does that mean he thinks Villa will be relegated too? :D

15 hours ago, av1 said:

Hahahahaha

for that to happen, assuming we keep our current points per game and finish on 71 points, they need to get over 2 points per game.

yeah, that shower of shit will go from the relegation zone after 10 games to getting results that would put you 2nd or 3rd over a full season. Good one, you floppy faced word removed.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Huge difference. Less pressure on coach

Steve mclaren another example

Personally I think it's one of those football fan myths that get thrown around to support an argument. 

Like when describing a manager as being behind the times etc. Fact is, nobody really knows. Neil Warnick never struck me as a particularly modern coach yet he's doing very well indeed at the moment.

Steve McLaren was assistant manager to one of the best teams in British football history, won a cup with Middlesbrough and also got them to UEFA cup final. Won the Dutch league with Twente etc

Nobody here knows about his coaching or managing styles. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Â