Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

2 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

This season has to be third time lucky and sees them get relegated. They have survived by the skin of their teeth the last couple of seasons.

After tonight’s result I’m pretty convinced they’ll stay up now :angry:

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They have tough games - but Burton, Bolton and Barnsley for 3 are all worse teams.

Out of interest, do people really think they need to win 50% of their games to stay up?!

I would say yes...they still have to play us, Preston, Wolves, Cardiff and Bristol City away from home. Will struggle to win any of those. ;)

So will need to win 8 of the other 15 fixtures to have a shot.

The three teams you've mentioned are poor but considering Bolton had 2 points from 10 games they've done brilliantly to get things together and now have a shot of staying up.

Burton have actually won their last three away games and routed Sheff Weds 3-0 which was a very impressive result. If they can sort out their home form they could beat the odds again.

That will push up the points tally to stay up so SHA won't be getting away with staying up on 44 points again like in 13/14.

Edited by VillaChris

11 hours ago, fifamad said:

After tonight’s result I’m pretty convinced they’ll stay up now :angry:

Of course you could be right, but I don't think this is logical yet. They needed to win last night, it wasn't really a luxury. And even counting their two goals last night, they're still scoring barely more than one goal every two games. A long way to go. 

34 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I would say yes...they still have to play us, Preston, Wolves, Cardiff and Bristol City away from home. Will struggle to win any of those. ;)

So will need to win 8 of the other 15 fixtures to have a shot.

The three teams you've mentioned are poor but considering Bolton had 2 points from 10 games they've done brilliantly to get things together and now have a shot of staying up.

Burton have actually won their last three away games and routed Sheff Weds 3-0 which was a very impressive result. If they can sort out their home form they could beat the odds again.

That will push up the points tally to stay up so SHA won't be getting away with staying up on 44 points again like in 13/14.

They typically do better against the better teams in the league (oddly) as mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

Currently have 7 points out of a possible 12 - only Bolton and Brentford (both 9 out of a possible 12) have a better last 4 game form record outside the top 10.

Reading, Barnsley and Hull are plummeting - although I'd expect Hull to pull clear really.  I think whoever finishes 21st will need 47 points.

• Like 1

With the bottom teams winning I think alot more teams will get pulled into it than just the 4 teams people keep mentioning. I actually think forest, reading, Hull, QPR, Millwall and Barnsley will also be dragged into it if they don’t pick up form. This is why I think blues will stay up because people won’t say it as we are rivals but they have a half decent squad and will get enough points IMO.

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Of course you could be right, but I don't think this is logical yet. They needed to win last night, it wasn't really a luxury. And even counting their two goals last night, they're still scoring barely more than one goal every two games. A long way to go. 

I think blues main chance of going down was their negative soft underbelly mentality which they seem to be slowly overcoming that’s why I think they will stay up as they have a midtable squad.

Edited by fifamad

In all fairness in the barren, desolate existence of being a SHA fan, anything no matter how small (actually the smaller it is, the more chance the average SHA brain can comprehend it) crumb of comfort they can scavenge will help them forget their own pathetic and disease ridden lives.

I expect the Burton DVD to be out soon :D

• Haha 1

Â