Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

Okay, at least five of my colleagues went out to that game. They are going to be unbearably smug on Monday at work, aren't they?
Just tell them you went to a PREMIER LEAGUE matche between Villa and West Brom (if you're going) on Saturday.

They probably wont give a shit. I would imagine that this would be one of the best away days they will ever have. Fair play to them. Would you trade a cup win and an epic European night which will be spoken about for years for relegation, or would you prefer five more years of mid table obscurity? I know which one would be less boring.

As much as it grieves me to say it I think you are spot on. Despite their relegation they have had, especially for them, a remarkable last 8 months or so. Like you said mid Prem table mediocrity or a trade for relegation, a cup win and some very good European nights. Mid table mediocrity will be quickly forgotten but a cup win and cracking European nights will live long in the memory.

Are you guys mad, the clubs a laughing stock, seriously!

Congrats on their cup final and away win but i wouldnt trade their position for ours at all.

Short term memory is proceeding here. When they are back to losing to Bristol City away this weekend i'd rather be playing in the PL

You gotta say fair play to them but seriously anyone wishing to trade places is deluded or never went to Prague or Hamburg 3 years ago. We as fans have had plenty of chances to go and watch Villa in Europe well of a certain age anyway and i for one look back on them with fondness. Was not so much for the game but the fun of meeting Villa fans from all over the country and taking over a town and having a really good time.

I dont want to have those memories on a wet Wednesday night at Hull or wherever with 50 fans. I will stick to being smug in the Premier League and looking down on the unwashed again as soon as they get knocked out and have no hope of promotion.

Its once in a lifetime for them but we have been there done that loads of times.

You gotta say fair play to them but seriously anyone wishing to trade places is deluded or never went to Prague or Hamburg 3 years ago. We as fans have had plenty of chances to go and watch Villa in Europe well of a certain age anyway and i for one look back on them with fondness. Was not so much for the game but the fun of meeting Villa fans from all over the country and taking over a town and having a really good time.

I dont want to have those memories on a wet Wednesday night at Hull or wherever with 50 fans. I will stick to being smug in the Premier League and looking down on the unwashed again as soon as they get knocked out and have no hope of promotion.

Its once in a lifetime for them but we have been there done that loads of times.

Exactly. I don't see what's so attractive about SHA or their predicament.

8000 away fans (if true) is very impressive. I know it's a one off but they're certainly making the most of it!

That was always going to happen though. As soon as the draw was made everybody knew that Bruges would be the big away trip. It's one of the nicest cities in Europe, its not actually that far from Birmingham (less than 250 miles as the crow flies) and as a result it is a piece of piss to get to. Blues do have a fairly large fanbase and they can take massive numbers to one off games, but they are even more fickle than we are when it comes to the bread and butter of league football.

I thought Bruges were decent, didn;t they beat Braga away in their last game? WTF are they doing losing to that shower?!

Goddamn, Bruges played their worst game I've seen this season, our first defeat this season too, against this shite team. Incredible. We got overpowered by the physical strength too, and the coach made some tactical mistakes. Not a good game, could have done a great thing by winning.

One positive point for the Brummies: they respected our 23rd minute applause for our deceased striker (in 2008) Sterchele.

For the rest, screw 'em.

this is my take on it too, they now have experienced something we have experienced plenty of times in the past and will experience far more than they will in the future

as much as i resent my mate who went, especially seeing as he gave me a running commentary of the last 2 days, i cant wait until we are back there because i know what he now knows about europe

8000 away fans (if true) is very impressive. I know it's a one off but they're certainly making the most of it!

im sure they wont even take 10% of this to Bristol City

Bruges is the most accessible European away day possible.

Â