Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

More delusion from SHA. This about their manager search:

"If our new owners can convince potential candidates about "the Project" and the finances involved then I don't think anyone should be ruled out bar those aiming for Champions League level."

They are away with the fairies on that site.

The words "cloud, cuckoo and land" spring to mind.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

"If our new owners can convince potential candidates about "the Project" and the finances involved then I don't think anyone should be ruled out bar those aiming for Champions League level."

How are they going to actually pay one of these top manager's they're supposedly linked with?

There might be lighter ffp rules in League One that might let them hypothetically pay a top salary, but if they got the club promoted the manager would then need a massive paycut.

Just now, Mic09 said:

Is there a single football club that isn't a "project"? 

Chelsea.

They're a complete mess.

12 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Chelsea.

They're a complete mess.

Agent Carney infiltrated them and initiated 'Project Headless Chicken'. They are at least 2 years ahead of schedule on that one.  

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'd be absolutely astonished. West Ham fans aren't happy with his style of play, but he's done a bloody good job, won a trophy, done well in the league. His stock is high enough to walk into a mid table PL job no bother, why would he drop 2 divisions?

Even if he's desperate to get back into work ASAP, you'd think the likes of Hull, Norwich etc would be very glad for a manager with his experience and record, he isn't rocking up at Small Heath.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He wouldnt join us in Championship when we had Dr X "money" doubt he would go League 1

I agree he's done a good job and is essentially underappreciated.  He's had that on a few occasions in the top flight now and I'm not sure which sides look to appoint him (which "mid table PL job" is he walking into?) in any case.

Agreed that Norwich/Hull (to some extent; mad owner) would be more attractive but I don't think it's that outlandish that an underappreciated manager looking to be appreciated (say) would drop down to an ambitious club on a decent wage.

Whatever we think of Blues, they're a relatively big club in the English football pyramid.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Potters the latest they think will go

Is an ex player and if he goes it might finally kill the Potter aura around here

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

(which "mid table PL job" is he walking into?)

Obviously they're not available right now which is why I mentioned the clubs looking for Championship promotion, but if any of them have a poor start to the season and change managers, could see him being an appealing target for the likes of Bournemouth, Wolves, Brentford, maybe even a return to Everton. He's proven he can do a very good job at that level

We'll see who they get in the next couple of weeks I'd imagine, I'll go out and buy a hat just so I can eat it if they get a manager of the calibre of Moyes. Absolutely no chance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think someone like heckingbottom would be a masisve coup for them

Ill imagine if they get a load of rejections they wilk just stick with rowett.

Hopefully rooney talks about how shit the club is and puts rosenior off as he worked under him

27 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

are you really serious??

You've got to think comparatively - but yeah, they are.  How long has it been since they were last 3rd tier?  They're a "big fish" in League One.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You've got to think comparatively - but yeah, they are.  How long has it been since they were last 3rd tier?  They're a "big fish" in League One.

the 'double' year 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

This is what I mean. They really don't understand how shit and irrelevant their pathetic club is.

There is a Man City thread on there tjat says that people hate them winning everything and they will hate "us" meaning SHA, in 10 years time when it's our turn to dominate and win multiple PL titles and FA Cups.

You have to give it to the owners, they are bloody good salesmen to have this lot believing this bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Hopefully rooney talks about how shit the club is and puts rosenior off as he worked under him

Heckingbottom is off to Plymouth according to the rumours. 

I think if we were an established League One club who were pushing for promotion this season he would be a good pickup. While we are obviously now in League One, we are really just guests. Our squad, infrastructure and financial power intrinsically makes us one of the larger Championship clubs.

🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

"for 9 decades, against all odds, it was cloud cuckoo land"

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently Rosenior has rejected the role :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â