Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

But what happens if the landlord says i dont want to fix it or its cisting too much then what? As sty andrews is no longer theirs.  Would that mean they would have to permanently play with reduced capacity.?

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But what happens if the landlord says i dont want to fix it or its cisting too much then what? As sty andrews is no longer theirs.  Would that mean they would have to permanently play with reduced capacity.?

It's owned by the owner of the club, isn't it? It was a financial dodge, no different to our own. They could of course decide it isn't worth the investment, but the ownership is neither here nor there

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's owned by the owner of the club, isn't it? It was a financial dodge, no different to our own. They could of course decide it isn't worth the investment, but the ownership is neither here nor there

I think they sold it off and now they pay rent. Im sure i read that and they got some money for it which helped them with ffp?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think they sold it off and now they pay rent. Im sure i read that and they got some money for it which helped them with ffp?

Yeah you're right, they originally sold it off to their club owners (like we did), but then sold it again to a third party. That's a very worrying move for the club, and one that should give pause for thought to fans of other clubs like us that didn't have a care in the world when our stadium was sold off.  Couldn't easily be us if our owners have enough at some point.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah you're right, they originally sold it off to their club owners (like we did), but then sold it again to a third party. That's a very worrying move for the club, and one that should give pause for thought to fans of other clubs like us that didn't have a care in the world when our stadium was sold off.  Couldn't easily be us if our owners have enough at some point.

Pretty sure the third party is also linked to the owners btw.

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Flatten it, build a Aldi on it and draw a line under the whole sordid affair once and for all

What did Aldi ever do to you ?

Mate.

• Haha 2

I'd be asking questions of the previous owners (Sullivan and the Golds) - they signed off on the new stands. Absolute charlatans. 

5 hours ago, Xela said:

I'd be asking questions of the previous owners (Sullivan and the Golds) - they signed off on the new stands. Absolute charlatans. 

They were always banging on about Birmingham building a stadium for the commonwealth games or a new stadium for the club to use, look what they did at West ham sold the ground to move into a new stadium

I bet those stands were built as cheap as possible in the hope they got that a tax payer funded stadium for small heath

When you look at villa Park, the North stand is an absolute disgrace but now atleast when it was built it was built to last

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Would that mean they would have to permanently play with reduced capacity.?

Does that matter? The horrible little cretins never fecking fill the place anyway. 

The could play at Perry Barr dogs and still have enough room to put their webbed feet up. 

17 hours ago, Xela said:

One man’s charlatan is another man’s hero

21 minutes ago, av1 said:

Does that matter? The horrible little cretins never fecking fill the place anyway. 

The could play at Perry Barr dogs and still have enough room to put their webbed feet up. 

Too many Vile in Perry Barr

mate

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, av1 said:

Does that matter?

I think so,  whatever the equivalent is of "Couch Surfing" within the "We have no ground" situation at small heath is,  I want that for them.  

Until then,  long journeys, disappointment and eventual liquidation on the horizon.

Mate

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I think so,  whatever the equivalent is of "Couch Surfing" within the "We have no ground" situation at small heath is,  I want that for them.  

Until then,  long journeys, disappointment and eventual liquidation on the horizon.

Mate

I know mate, I was just trying to joke about their situation. I agree though it would be a huge issue for them if their stadium is effectively condemned. 

Liquidation is certainly on the horizon imo. They are in massive debt, the stadium (which they don’t own) is about to collapse and their owners are shady to say the least.

Now people may look at that statement and say (stadium issue aside) we were in the same situation when we failed to beat Fulham in the playoff final. They will say that there will always be a knight in shining armour to get you out the shit.

But that’s fairy tale stuff, NSWE bought us because it was a good investment (for all the money they have put in if the sold is tomorrow they’d recoup every penny) but who is going to invest in small heath?

The team is shit, the stadium is falling apart and the fan base is an embarrassment to football.

So unlike our situation with Xia, there won’t be a better ownership group on the horizon. They are fecked, I’m sure that within 5yrs they will be playing under small heath alliance in the conference. 

26 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

What confuses me is that it's the lower tier of the same stands that is condemned so how is it safe to site above it?  Random but hilarious 😂 

Separate steal beams, top tear won't be structurally connected to the Lower, not in load bearing way anyway 

4 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Separate steal beams, top tear won't be structurally connected to the Lower, not in load bearing way anyway 

But the whole ground was built on a mud hill when it was terracing in the same stands? Seems all they did was reconcreate and stick seats on to me and some offices.

I have been in those crappy stands for an England U21 game in the past and you have to go to the top of the stand and  down to your seat.

Anyway it's funny as F whichever way you look at it 😜 

3 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

But the whole ground was built on a mud hill when it was terracing in the same stands? Seems all they did was reconcreate and stick seats on to me and some offices.

I have been in those crappy stands for an England U21 game in the past and you have to go to the top of the stand and  down to your seat.

Anyway it's funny as F whichever way you look at it 😜 

Oh it's funny, I mean you'd imagine when those stands were built it would've been known it wasn't good practice to build a football stadium in a flooded mud filled filled shit hole but yet they did 🤣

• Like 1

Â