Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

BLUES will try to arrange a private friendly next week for Christian Benitez in the hope that he could come into the reckoning for the opening Premier League match at Manchester United.

The striker is about to complete a 12-week rehabilitation course following shoulder surgery during which he has not been allowed to take part in full-blown training that involved any contact.

Benitez got away with playing in a charity match in his native Ecuador three weeks ago, and was reprimanded by Alex McLeish for doing so without Blues knowledge.

Last week, the Blues boss said he felt Benitez might be about a month from being ‘top fit’, but his progress since has been encouraging.

“Manchester United, you never know,” said McLeish. “I don’t think you’d say it’s definitely too early for him.

“He’s working away and we’ve got to get him up to a level of fitness where he’s nearer the rest of the squad. We can’t allow Christian to come back into the training without having the programme that enables him to go through the barriers and demands of the Premier League, otherwise he will pick up injuries.

“But we are hoping to get him a midweek behind closed doors game at the training ground to see where he’s at.”

Benitez cost Blues £1.2 million for this season from Mexican side Santos Laguna, with an option to proceed to the full transfer value, which could reach £7.75 million.

The original deal was renegotiated after the 23-year-old’s medical showed up a chronic knee problem.

I thought he was their new superstar record signing? :crylaugh:

Cant see that, West Brom played decent football. Blues have never played decent football. Ever.

I dont fancy their midfield at all. Lee Bowyer and Barry Ferguson? A couple of "combative" midfielders whos legs have gone? They will get passed off the park.

I keep hearing how west brom played good football but it can`t have been that good.

Blues will be the worst team in the league this season and it is going to be great.

Their team just does not seem to have the character they did under Brucie (who is know widely regarded as the top young English manager :lol: ).

As bad as they were, you at least always knew the likes of Savage, Horsfield, Purse gave a shit, and I HATED playing them. This lot don't scare me, they are not nasty enough.

However, the pessimist in me says they will stay up and Wolves, who I'd like to stay up will go down.

Some sad fecker on the radio tonight said "we are the only club to come straight back twice without having to use the play offs"

I fully expect that to be in their roll of honour, I mean something has to pad it out

I was only thinking the other day what happened to Carson Yeung and then this morning The Sun back page has this story;

CARSON YEUNG is finally set to buy Birmingham for £70million.

The Hong Kong businessman's previous takeover bid collapsed in 2007 and resulted in boss Steve Bruce leaving to join Wigan.

But Yeung, Blues' biggest shareholder with a 29.9 per cent stake, is now close to sealing a new deal for the club.

His investment company Grandtop International Holdings has agreed to buy the 23.22 per cent share owned by David Sullivan and the same proportion owned by the Gold brothers, Ralph and David.

This time Yeung will be paying around around £20m more than he was willing to pay two years ago.

As Yeung has been on the St Andrew's board since 2007, Premier League chiefs could approve the deal by the time Brum host Stoke on Saturday week.

The takeover would see the game lose two colourful characters in David Gold and Sullivan, who bought Brum in 1993.

They, along with managing director Karren Brady, have transformed the Blues from a third-tier club with a crumbling ground into top-flight challengers with a plush stadium.

The sale also puts a doubt over the future of boss Alex McLeish who guided Blues to promotion.

Yeung is intent on pursuing his dream of turning Birmingham into a top club in the Premier League - and the Far East.

As he made his 2007 move, he said: "Birmingham will be the most popular team in China."

But that protracted bid delayed internal contract talks so much that boss Bruce left for Wigan.

The circus is back in town

I was only thinking the other day what happened to Carson Yeung and then this morning The Sun back page has this story;

They, along with managing director Karren Brady, have transformed the Blues from a third-tier club with a crumbling ground into top-flight challengers with a plush stadium.

That's some **** PR work right there.

CARSON YEUNG is finally set to buy Birmingham for £70million.

The Hong Kong businessman's previous takeover bid collapsed in 2007 and resulted in boss Steve Bruce leaving to join Wigan.

But Yeung, Blues' biggest shareholder with a 29.9 per cent stake, is now close to sealing a new deal for the club.

His investment company Grandtop International Holdings has agreed to buy the 23.22 per cent share owned by David Sullivan and the same proportion owned by the Gold brothers, Ralph and David.

This time Yeung will be paying around around £20m more than he was willing to pay two years ago.

As Yeung has been on the St Andrew's board since 2007, Premier League chiefs could approve the deal by the time Brum host Stoke on Saturday week.

The takeover would see the game lose two colourful characters in David Gold and Sullivan, who bought Brum in 1993.

The sale also puts a doubt over the future of boss Alex McLeish who guided Blues to promotion.

Yeung is intent on pursuing his dream of turning Birmingham into a top club in the Premier League - and the Far East.

As he made his 2007 move, he said: "Birmingham will be the most popular team in China."

But that protracted bid delayed internal contract talks so much that boss Bruce left for Wigan.

Bigger circus: sha or Newcastle?

Their team just does not seem to have the character they did under Brucie (who is know widely regarded as the top young English manager :lol: ).

As bad as they were, you at least always knew the likes of Savage, Horsfield, Purse gave a shit, and I HATED playing them. This lot don't scare me, they are not nasty enough.

However, the pessimist in me says they will stay up and Wolves, who I'd like to stay up will go down.

I think they'll have more strength than the last season they were up.

Roger Johnson was one of the best defenders in the Championship last season. Their midfield is tight (but unspectacular) and if they can take their hard-to-beat mentality into the Premiership they should stay up.

A big ask of course, but my money is on Burnley, Hull and Portsmouth to finish beneath them.

Bigger circus: sha or Newcastle?

Hell of a question Levi.

I think the size of fanbase, stadium and ambition means it has to be Newcastle, I don't think the Blue shirted knuckle dragging dregs of society will ever be as widely known, praised and then villified, they just don't have it in them, and other than us no-one gives a shit about them

plush stadium? has the writer ever been to the sty? its a complete shithole

as for yeung i thought werewolf said he would never do business with yeung again and behold!! he must hate it at the sty and willing to accept any offer.

i hope this happens!!!!

plush stadium? has the writer ever been to the sty? its a complete shithole

as for yeung i thought werewolf said he would never do business with yeung again and behold!! he must hate it at the sty and willing to accept any offer.

i hope this happens!!!!

I wonder if West Ham is still up for sale, haven't the golds and sullivan always had there heart on having them as there little toy.

Do you think they are happy to sell now so they can move on

Â