Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

How can someone sell their parachute money??

You give someone the rights to your future revenue (in this case it's guaranteed revenue) in return for a lesser amount up front. Rangers sold their future ticket revenue iirc, which is what got them into such deep shit.

Rangers got in trouble because of a dodgy tax avoidance scheme, they then sold their future revenue to try and get out of it but it was too little too late.

It is effectively factoring, you are selling the value of your debt, future invoices or future income. For instance if you've guaranteed income of £8m that is owed over a period of time or over lots of invoices you could sell it on. But you will only get some of the value, say £5m because they are taking on your risk of bad debt and because if you are doing it you are likely desperate.

In the case of a football club doing it, it is something Rangers did, Leeds did and Birmingham are supposed to have done. It is rarely the answer to a problem, it usually just delays the inevitable.

They really are in a mess :lol:

Who would want to buy them and bail them out?

They now get crowds of around 15/16k

Have a tatty old stadium holding less than 30k

Have very few assets on the books

Aren't even a big club in the Championship

Do not look like returning to the Prem any time soon, infact League 1 is likelier

Happy days.

It makes Me smile, that a few seasons ago they had ex-Man Utd and England's '2nd/3rd choice' Ben Foster in goal, a decent partnership pairing in central defence, Seb Larson and Craig Gardner notching up a fairly decent amount of assists and goals (decent for lower-Prem sides).... and now they're in this state!

:D

It makes Me smile, that a few seasons ago they had ex-Man Utd and England's '2nd/3rd choice' Ben Foster in goal, a decent partnership pairing in central defence, Seb Larson and Craig Gardner notching up a fairly decent amount of assists and goals (decent for lower-Prem sides).... and now they're in this state!

:D

It's OK, they still have that international class big guy up front to score the goals

Edited by villarule123

I'd love to know what his ££££ per goal ratio is!

Well, he's got 29 goals in competitive action for SHA.  Fee was, what, around £6m?  What are his wages?

But all said and done i wouldn't want them to go out of existance just a good few yrs in league 1/2 and maybe a few meetings in cup games

Sorry can't agree. I hope they disappear into oblivion.

• Like 1

Right, so reportedly £50k p/w for his first two seasons, then up to £55k p/w last campaign and it's due to rise to £62k p/w for this upcoming season (when his contract ends).  Assuming the obvious in that he doesn't get extended, for the duration of his time at SHA he will have cost them circa £11.2m in wages plus the £6m transfer fee.  

So thus far that's 29 goals for £17.2m, or ~£593k per goal (not allowing for whatever goals he scores next season).  Even if one assumes he can at least equal his current campaign-best haul of 12 goals in his final season, all those goals will still work out at having cost ~£420k a pop.

• Like 1

League 2 existance or even Blue square is far more funnier for us and more embarrasing for them i think though.. they will still be around but be so insignificant they may as well be out of existance..but they won't be :)   

• Like 1

It is effectively factoring, you are selling the value of your debt, future invoices or future income. For instance if you've guaranteed income of £8m that is owed over a period of time or over lots of invoices you could sell it on. But you will only get some of the value, say £5m because they are taking on your risk of bad debt and because if you are doing it you are likely desperate.

Presumably they went to this bunch...

But all said and done i wouldn't want them to go out of existance just a good few yrs in league 1/2 and maybe a few meetings in cup games

No, just no. Out of existence, the sty demolished and the land ploughed with salt.

This times one billion

Isn't it better for them to spend eternity in purgatory (League 2 or below) so that we can forever take the p*ss rather than they go out of existence whereby our p*ss taking will be, albeit fantastic, short lived?

Just a thought. 

Edited by pacbuddies

Â