Queen or John Cage

PauloBarnesi

What do you prefer; Queen or John Cage’s 4 minute 33 seconds?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer; Queen or John Cage’s 4 minute 33 seconds?

• Queen
    • Four minutes, thirty-three seconds

:-)

interestingly enough it's the only piece I can play ..and on a whole host of instruments though I've yet to master it on the glockenspiel

the sound of silence over Queen anyday

Cage makes much more of an artistic statement, just think about it awhile?

i've thought about it for a while, and i still don't know who he is, so i'm still going to plump for Queen ..... :winkold:

Cage makes much more of an artistic statement, just think about it awhile?

i've thought about it for a while, and i still don't know who he is, so i'm still going to plump for Queen ..... :winkold:

So you are saying the Queen is fat or you like the larger older woman (in a crown)?

Is this the same cage who will be fighting at the NEC at the weekend?

When my band made its debut at a school dance our first number was supposed to be High Heeled Sneakers but quite without warning became 4'33" in its arrangement for two guitars, bass guitar, incomplete drum kit (he never did get a floor tomtom, the git) and tenor soloist. People weren't half upset I can tell you.

Theres only one thing worse than Queen sonicaly speaking and I think most know who I'm on about.

Gimme 4 minutes odd of silence any time of the day or night to freddy and anita dobson

Why all the hatred for Queen?

whilst genuinely respecting anybody's tastes in terms of music and stuff that does it for them, I can honestly say that for me, Queen just do the opposite. I loathe their music - it's basically just the sound of it. There's something about the sound that just puts my teeth and brain on edge. Most of Alison Moyet's music is the same, and some of Squeeze's stuff.

It's not a comment on their talent or ability, or songwriting, which I'm sure is all fine. I just can't stand the fecking sound of it. There must be some particular tone or element that makes me want to commit mass destruction of any radio when it comes on.

Just make it stop, please.

Â