Queen or John Cage

PauloBarnesi

What do you prefer; Queen or John Cage’s 4 minute 33 seconds?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer; Queen or John Cage’s 4 minute 33 seconds?

• Queen
    • Four minutes, thirty-three seconds

Wasn't John Cage the partner in the lawyers firm in Ally McBeal?!

very possibly. although why he's getting compared to Queen is anyone's guess ....

looks like Quenn might be heading for a win, purely in the grounds that hardly anyone seems to know who this John Cage fella is, or what he does.

My money is on Queen to win by default.

Well I know who John Cage is. My problem is with Queen. Did she make records before she died/went mad? Do Their Royal Lownesses The Corgis sing on her record(s) as a backing group?

Well I know who John Cage is. My problem is with Queen. Did she make records before she died/went mad? Do Their Royal Lownesses The Corgis sing on her record(s) as a backing group?

any relation to King, of 80s fame? :winkold:

Why all the hatred for Queen?

whilst genuinely respecting anybody's tastes in terms of music and stuff that does it for them, I can honestly say that for me, Queen just do the opposite. I loathe their music - it's basically just the sound of it. There's something about the sound that just puts my teeth and brain on edge. Most of Alison Moyet's music is the same, and some of Squeeze's stuff.

It's not a comment on their talent or ability, or songwriting, which I'm sure is all fine. I just can't stand the fecking sound of it. There must be some particular tone or element that makes me want to commit mass destruction of any radio when it comes on.

Just make it stop, please.

Wrong thread, Blandy. This should be posted in the "Things that annoys you that shouldn't"-thread. ;)

For the question about why all this hatred for Queen I can only quote what a swedish journalist once wrote: "Queen, the band we love to hate". And I think he's right. Either you like them or you hate them. And I guess that's a greatness in itself. (Twisting and turning at its best by me. ;) )

Â