7 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Still no sign of Erdo Pete, mate 

Not been on the Franksie afternoon show either as was a regular on that as well

Must’ve thrown a seven

Drinking in town in the sky, no Vile, Holtenders next door but not allowed in 

Skip must be devastated 

RIP 

mate 

Am proppa worried now mate. Especially as de blooze are doing great, particularly away from home....I mean Erdo Pete's son would be in his ear about that as he goooo's home and away mate and EP would be right on the blower to WM mate.

I hope I'm wrong but....I'm gunna say it mate :

"Lulu warrior in the sky" 😥

• Haha 2

Simply wonderful hearing 60mins of Dogheads complain that they have no manager this evening.  When one of them suggested getting in Big Sam to stop the rot is the moment I spat out my tea with laughter. Glorious stuff to hear.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mantis said:

I'm not from the West Midlands, can someone explain the "EEEEEEESSS GOTTA GO TOM" thing? It makes me laugh even though I have no idea of the context.

Stop that ... making fun of the way someone speaks. Please, please don't do that. You're laughing at them, not with them. Unacceptable in this day and age.

• Haha 1

Dan the Walsall inbred only likes Walsall and small heath because 'they' m proper clubs". 

Says Brentford are going to beat Wolves 7-0, but Villa beat them 4-0 "because they're rubbish". 

Drooling jizzgargler. 

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Dan the Walsall inbred only likes Walsall and small heath because 'they' m proper clubs". 

Says Brentford are going to beat Wolves 7-0, but Villa beat them 4-0 "because they're rubbish". 

Drooling jizzgargler. 

He counted out 7 on one hand! 

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

I think Eddie the baggie toolbag heard us.. COVID didn't take him after all.

Said Olbiyun won't be back in the Premier "in his lifetime".

Talking sense at last!

• Haha 3

Major cuts in jobs and local shows planned for Local BBC Radio

'BBC bosses have announced a major plan to share programmes and cut jobs on Local BBC Radio stations in England.

[...]

Local shows will only survive on weekday mornings and lunchtimes (6am till 2pm) whilst the rest of the output, apart from evening and weekend sport, will be shared either regionally or nationally.

There will be six regions going forward, under new Audio Editors, covering North West / North East, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, Midlands, London and East, South, and South West.

A possible 139 posts in local radio will be at risk as a result of the changes and a voluntary redundancy drive is being launched effective immediately.

[...]

From 6pm weekdays and weekend breakfast, 10 shows will be broadcast where local sport is not broadcast. The 10 shows are:

1. Manchester, Merseyside, Lancashire,
  2. Newcastle, Tees and Cumbria
  3. Leeds, Sheffield, York and Humberside
  4. WM, CWR, Shropshire, H&W and Stoke
  5. Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Lincolnshire
  6. Essex, Cambridge, Suffolk, Norfolk, 3CR and Northants
  7. Solent, Berkshire and Oxford
  8. London, Lent, Sussex and Surrey
  9. Bristol, Gloucester, Wiltshire and Somerset
  10. Devon and Cornwall'

from: https://radiotoday.co.uk/2022/10/major-cuts-in-jobs-and-local-shows-planned-for-local-bbc-radio/

As I read that, either the phone-in will be finished (most likely interpretation?) or would have to be extended to cover 4 more regions. Plans look to be pretty much the end of WM as a radio station with its own identity. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Major cuts in jobs and local shows planned for Local BBC Radio

'BBC bosses have announced a major plan to share programmes and cut jobs on Local BBC Radio stations in England.

[...]

Local shows will only survive on weekday mornings and lunchtimes (6am till 2pm) whilst the rest of the output, apart from evening and weekend sport, will be shared either regionally or nationally.

There will be six regions going forward, under new Audio Editors, covering North West / North East, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, Midlands, London and East, South, and South West.

A possible 139 posts in local radio will be at risk as a result of the changes and a voluntary redundancy drive is being launched effective immediately.

[...]

From 6pm weekdays and weekend breakfast, 10 shows will be broadcast where local sport is not broadcast. The 10 shows are:

1. Manchester, Merseyside, Lancashire,
  2. Newcastle, Tees and Cumbria
  3. Leeds, Sheffield, York and Humberside
  4. WM, CWR, Shropshire, H&W and Stoke
  5. Derby, Nottingham, Leicester and Lincolnshire
  6. Essex, Cambridge, Suffolk, Norfolk, 3CR and Northants
  7. Solent, Berkshire and Oxford
  8. London, Lent, Sussex and Surrey
  9. Bristol, Gloucester, Wiltshire and Somerset
  10. Devon and Cornwall'

from: https://radiotoday.co.uk/2022/10/major-cuts-in-jobs-and-local-shows-planned-for-local-bbc-radio/

As I read that, either the phone-in will be finished (most likely interpretation?) or would have to be extended to cover 4 more regions. Plans look to be pretty much the end of WM as a radio station with its own identity. 

Been going that way for a while, sacking or shifting decent presenters and replacing them with newsreaders or useless pillocks like Rakeeeeem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Been going that way for a while, sacking or shifting decent presenters and replacing them with newsreaders or useless pillocks like Rakeeeeem. 

Once Paul Franks cut his hours back and Reago got the tin-tac whilst having the likes of Henry Liston take over you could see BBC had gone down the bargain basement route. I hope the phone-in can survive online maybe. There is no other place I can get my care in the community fix.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

Once Paul Franks cut his hours back and Reago got the tin-tac whilst having the likes of Henry Liston take over you could see BBC had gone down the bargain basement route. I hope the phone-in can survive online maybe. There is no other place I can get my care in the community fix.

Saying that... Henry was filling in the other night and he's a marked improvement on Daz the Spaz. 

Â