WM Football phone in

Follyfoot

42 minutes ago, Hev said:

Does it not say these shows will be "where local sport is NOT broadcast" hence the phone in will continue? That's how i read it?

I took that to mean live sport, rather than sports-based chat. I may be wrong, but I feel pretty confident that's what it means. 

• Sad 1

On 25/10/2022 at 00:22, fruitvilla said:

Stop that ... making fun of the way someone speaks. Please, please don't do that. You're laughing at them, not with them. Unacceptable in this day and age.

I'm from the black country like Baggie Eddie, and I'm laughing at him. It's not so much his accent, it's the way he places hysterical importance on absolutely everything associated with football. 

The West Midlands football family seem infuriated  that there  will be no local sports phone in anymore when the changes are implemented by the BBC

Daz the spaz thinks the West Midlands football phone in will survive. 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

The West Midlands football family seem infuriated  that there  will be no local sports phone in anymore when the changes are implemented by the BBC

Daz the spaz thinks the West Midlands football phone in will survive. 

To be fair it's the same callers maybe they could have a WhatsApp group 😜 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Isn't BRMB restarting? Seems like picking up the nightly phone in would be a no-brainer* for them. 

*tbf that show is a no-brainer every night of course

Get Lee the Baggie to host it 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Get Lee the Baggie to host it 

This is exactly my thinking. What I absolutely cannot stand the thought of - keeps me awake at night - is a situation in which 'Goalzone Lee' gets it into his head that he needs a rant, and then he doesn't know who to call. That would be a disaster, a monumental loss to our culture even greater than the burning of the Library at Alexandria. 

• Haha 1

Daz the Spaz surely cannot be a doghead. Every time he mentions the noses he sounds like he's sitting in the studio wearing one of their shirts and bashing his bishop. 

• Haha 1

Daz the Spaz has got to be a closet nose. 

Why else would he ask the betting bloke for odds on Bellendingham being young player of the tournament? 

Then some peabrained trollop saying how "proud she is that Jooood could be player of the tournament". 

Before anyone has kicked a ball. 

They're all massive window-lickers. 

Mate. 

21 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Daz the Spaz has got to be a closet nose. 

Why else would he ask the betting bloke for odds on Bellendingham being young player of the tournament? 

Then some peabrained trollop saying how "proud she is that Jooood could be player of the tournament". 

Before anyone has kicked a ball. 

They're all massive window-lickers. 

Mate. 

Might catch pneumonia tonight 🤞🤞

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I miss the good old days of football radio phone - ins. Tony Butler, George Gavin and Ian Winters. Remember the sound of the horn on WM when someone scored a goal?

They still use the goal horn. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I miss the good old days of football radio phone - ins. Tony Butler, George Gavin and Ian Winters. Remember the sound of the horn on WM when someone scored a goal?

I used to love Ross and Gavin on a Friday night proper funny double act. You could tell there was proper needle between them as they have never spoken since apparently 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I used to love Ross and Gavin on a Friday night proper funny double act. You could tell there was proper needle between them as they have never spoken since apparently 

Gavin went to Sky and became just a part  of the furniture. I remember having a piss in The Trinity Rd stand and Tony Butler was stood in the next urinal. He done that canal show too.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

Â