Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not bad at all yet they couldn’t stand him? What does that tell you?

That the views of a fanbase are never unanimous, and a lot of fans know fa. But it confirms that his PL season wasn't an anomaly as you called it, he has a good record wherever he's played bar Turkey (Eredivisie/PL/Ligue 1).

If everyone else has gotten a “clean slate” since Unai arrived then why not Berty? He’s just as deserving and was treated harshly and is often overly criticised or mocked… some people maybe don’t appreciate technical quality and prowess, put off by a more languid or casual looking style (natural talent and composure), prefer grafters maybe? Or are just harsher on him because of his appearance or something? 🤷‍♂️ That would be unfair and stupid…

I watch football to be entertained, for the artistry and skill, rather than the “blood and thunder” approach so I guess I appreciate these kinds of players more… it’s called the beautiful game after all. Moments of incredible skill and fabulous goals are what it’s all about for me…

He is an entertainer and a real asset and danger to the opposition when he is “on it”. I think he’s got plenty to offer and can be effective for us. He has talent that some other players could only dream of.

He is still one of the most technically gifted and skilful players in our squad, that shouldn’t be underestimated and neither should the ability of a top class manager to bring the best out of such a player and give him the right guidance, coaching and teaching. At least, allow Emery to run the rule over him and judge him for himself. He will decide whether Berty is up to the task or not and I value his opinion over anyone else’s right now…

Unai has improved our players and he can do the same with Berty, that’s cause for encouragement. Some people are used to being negative and have a habit of continuing to slate our players rather than being open or understanding about their situations and potential. Many people didn’t even know that BT had been carrying a groin injury for a while and eventually needed surgery.

It’s funny how certain people are focussed on his not so great moments and overlook his positive ones. I maintain, he was among our best players during lockdown and we would have been a lot worse without him. Brought a lot of excitement and entertainment too while being productive. 8 goals and 7 assists iirc. Other players weren’t at his level nor maintained it.

Our last manager was shite and clueless, I’d rather lay the justifiable blame at his feet for underperformers (because he was clueless and inept) than players we can actually make use of and that make us stronger right now.

Anyway, this gives me a lot of encouragement. Give him a chance, Unai knows best:

https://twitter.com/avfcfaithful_/status/1620435309703086081?s=46&t=iuPeV4jha270B_zcEUfGcQ

Bertrand Traore is back running after sustaining a knee injury and is hoping to be back within the next week or two,  Unai Emery has been a long-time admirer of the winger from his days starring for Lyon in France. 

🗞️ @PreeceObserver/@johntownley11 

#avfc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think he could thrive playing in that “front two” or those forward positions. Focus on scoring and creating.

Adds a bit of competition or depth so if we are missing one of the attackers or they are off form then BT is ready to step in or maybe end up taking a place if he does really well. BT and Bailey can push each other for instance - I see them competing for that spot in the team. 

He won’t play in midfield or have too much defensive responsibility imo. He’s better further forward and being a menace to the opposition and their defence…

I find it hard to understand why people are excited he's been recalled. I know he scored some great goals but he's very much a lightweight and offers nothing off the ball unlike Buendia or Bailey. We can't afford to carry players. He could be a good option in the final 20 minutes if we are losing or need a goal. Can't see him starting games.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I find it hard to understand why people are excited he's been recalled. I know he scored some great goals but he's very much a lightweight and offers nothing off the ball unlike Buendia or Bailey. We can't afford to carry players. He could be a good option in the final 20 minutes if we are losing or need a goal. Can't see him starting games.

He has one thing that Bailey (and currently Buendia for the most part actually) lacks - composure. It's key.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not sure why it's unfortunate. Guess I'm just old. 

Can't wait to see him on the pitch. He brings the unexpected, the outrageous, excitement, and he puts Dr Bruyne on his ass.

He doesn't track back or put in a shift (actually a bit of a myth that I can't be bothered to prove), but who cares. As the second striker he won't be asked to do that. Ollie makes up for any deficiencies there as well. We need someone that can unlock a defence that is playing the low block. Traoré can do that and he'll do it in style. Highlights player maybe, but with Emery coaching him, think how much more often those highlights might occur. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think this is a bit untrue. He's not lazy like people make out. That's my memory. One specific example was a goal he created with a successful press—just one example, but as I say, I genuinely think he's no worse than any other attacking player.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, blunther said:

How good was that weird little mid-stride poke into the corner against (I think) the baggies?

I think he did a few of those. He loves a nonchalant pass into the net mid-stride. Usually completely flatfoots the keeper. I love his style.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If everyone else has gotten a “clean slate” since Unai arrived then why not Berty? He’s just as deserving and was treated harshly and is often overly criticised or mocked… some people maybe don’t appreciate technical quality and prowess, put off by a more languid or casual looking style (natural talent and composure), prefer grafters maybe? Or are just harsher on him because of his appearance or something? 🤷‍♂️ That would be unfair and stupid…

I watch football to be entertained, for the artistry and skill, rather than the “blood and thunder” approach so I guess I appreciate these kinds of players more… it’s called the beautiful game after all. Moments of incredible skill and fabulous goals are what it’s all about for me…

He is an entertainer and a real asset and danger to the opposition when he is “on it”. I think he’s got plenty to offer and can be effective for us. He has talent that some other players could only dream of.

He is still one of the most technically gifted and skilful players in our squad, that shouldn’t be underestimated and neither should the ability of a top class manager to bring the best out of such a player and give him the right guidance, coaching and teaching. At least, allow Emery to run the rule over him and judge him for himself. He will decide whether Berty is up to the task or not and I value his opinion over anyone else’s right now…

Unai has improved our players and he can do the same with Berty, that’s cause for encouragement. Some people are used to being negative and have a habit of continuing to slate our players rather than being open or understanding about their situations and potential. Many people didn’t even know that BT had been carrying a groin injury for a while and eventually needed surgery.

It’s funny how certain people are focussed on his not so great moments and overlook his positive ones. I maintain, he was among our best players during lockdown and we would have been a lot worse without him. Brought a lot of excitement and entertainment too while being productive. 8 goals and 7 assists iirc. Other players weren’t at his level nor maintained it.

Our last manager was shite and clueless, I’d rather lay the justifiable blame at his feet for underperformers (because he was clueless and inept) than players we can actually make use of and that make us stronger right now.

Anyway, this gives me a lot of encouragement. Give him a chance, Unai knows best:

https://twitter.com/avfcfaithful_/status/1620435309703086081?s=46&t=iuPeV4jha270B_zcEUfGcQ

Bertrand Traore is back running after sustaining a knee injury and is hoping to be back within the next week or two,  Unai Emery has been a long-time admirer of the winger from his days starring for Lyon in France. 

🗞️ @PreeceObserver/@johntownley11 

#avfc

Yesssssss!!

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

3 goals and 1 assist in 18 games but that’s 10 games worth of minutes. 

I think some fans are needing longer to accept that lockdown season was an anomaly. He just isn’t that good.

4 goal involvements in ten games worth of minutes is not bad for a wide player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â