Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

There's plenty of the season to go yet, he can be more productive than he has been. Also he's got one year on his contract left when he returns this summer so I'm sure we will find someone to buy him. He's probably just taking a little time to settle and adapt to new league and team. 

• 1 month later...

Watching Bailey this week and reading some of the comments in his thread, I was reminded of Bert, and wondered what Emery would make of him?

Bert is still only 27 and has all the skill in the world, but is there a place for him in our squad  now or have we moved on?

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Watching Bailey this week and reading some of the comments in his thread, I was reminded of Bert, and wondered what Emery would make of him?

Bert is still only 27 and has all the skill in the world, but is there a place for him in our squad  now or have we moved on?

I think we've moved on. He'll have 1 year left on his contract come summer so should be able to find him a club willing to buy him for 6-8m

30 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I think bailey is alot better than traore ti be honest. Traore seemed lazy to me. Thata something you can't associate with bailey. He just needs to get that consistency in his game.

I doubt traore will ever play for us again. Has to go down as a flop unfortunately 

• Thanks 1

His goals and assist output were the best of any of our forwards while he was here.  But he didn't offer a great deal else.  That, and the fact he hasn't done anything of note in Turkey,  will mean he's out the door. 

Sad because the potential is there, but at 27 he won't be getting any better. Will miss his trademark crazy football. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think bailey is alot better than traore ti be honest. Traore seemed lazy to me. Thata something you can't associate with bailey. He just needs to get that consistency in his game.

I doubt traore will ever play for us again. Has to go down as a flop unfortunately 

Bailey certainly isn't a lot better. If Bailey had the composure and technical skills of Traore, he'd be unbelievable. A shame that Traore lacks that electric pace and a bit of drive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Bailey certainly isn't a lot better. If Bailey had the composure and technical skills of Traore, he'd be unbelievable. A shame that Traore lacks that electric pace and a bit of drive.

He does have it see his goals vs everton and utd.

When did you see traore do that?

Its just bailey is having trouble doing it consistently 

Edited by Demitri_C

58 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

His goals and assist output were the best of any of our forwards while he was here.  But he didn't offer a great deal else.

I'd argue that a load of our good attacking moves that season were helped by Traore. He's great at building a move.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Traore scored plenty of great goals, not sure how you can even question that?

Bailey having trouble doing it consistently, exactly. He's not being intelligent with the ball and often runs down blind alleys.

When talking about composure, could you ever question Traore having enough of that attribute? Traore also has footballing intelligence in abundance. Just not in his defensive third :D

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tbf he scored 7 premier league goals and had 7 assists in his first season here,  the post above is quite accurate in describing both. If you combined Bailey and Traore you’d have one heck of a player. But I don’t see Bert fitting into Emery’s plans. But he’s far from a Villa flop.  

• Like 1

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Tbf he scored 7 premier league goals and had 7 assists in his first season here,  the post above is quite accurate in describing both. If you combined Bailey and Traore you’d have one heck of a player. But I don’t see Bert fitting into Emery’s plans. But he’s far from a Villa flop.  

If we could combine the best attributes of Bert and Bailey, and then also of Watkins and Ings, we'd have two world class players I reckon :D

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

If we could combine the best attributes of Bert and Bailey, and then also of Watkins and Ings, we'd have two world class players I reckon :D

If you could combine Watkins and Haaland, or Ings and Haaland, or Traore and Haaland - that would be grand 😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Traore scored plenty of great goals, not sure how you can even question that?

Bailey having trouble doing it consistently, exactly. He's not being intelligent with the ball and often runs down blind alleys.

When talking about composure, could you ever question Traore having enough of that attribute? Traore also has footballing intelligence in abundance. Just not in his defensive third :D

Didnt say he didnt i said he doesnt score the goals bailey did.  When did you see traore score a counter  attacking goal like the one gaaibst utd. Traore just moments if quality and skill. But his overall game was poor. Dint know if you remember that game where he didnt fancy it and went iff with a  minor injury 

He was a very frustrating player. Bailey for me is lacking confidence thats what i  think the problem is with him. He will come good trust me. Traore wont 😃

Â