Playstation 5

villarule123

Just had 9 notifications that someone on my friends list has beaten my times on the speed runs of Astro Bot.  Think that's a great feature,  nice way to start friendly competition!

On 29/12/2020 at 23:42, villa4europe said:

Disc drive has broke, won't eject games, sending it back 😔

Update on this, amazon were utterly useless, passed the buck to Sony straight away, Sony want me to try and fix it myself first, they gave me like a 12 step guide on how to take it apart and put it back together again 

It works "cold" so if it's been turned off for a few hours it'll work but if I'm playing fifa and want to change to cyberpunk then it won't, so I've decided to wait until next week when I'm back at work and can't play it anyway before taking it apart myself 

On 01/01/2021 at 18:06, villa4europe said:

Update on this, amazon were utterly useless, passed the buck to Sony straight away, Sony want me to try and fix it myself first, they gave me like a 12 step guide on how to take it apart and put it back together again 

It works "cold" so if it's been turned off for a few hours it'll work but if I'm playing fifa and want to change to cyberpunk then it won't, so I've decided to wait until next week when I'm back at work and can't play it anyway before taking it apart myself 

Amazon are definitely the ones you need to go after. According to the Sale of Goods act, you are entitled to a refund or replacement

Martin Lewis has a decent guide https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange/

Edited by RunRickyRun
  • Like 1

On 01/01/2021 at 18:06, villa4europe said:

Just hope that Sony telling you to disassemble it won't cause issues with Amazon as I'm sure they'll try and play the invalidated warranty card!

• 4 weeks later...

I got mine through a guy with a twitter account doing updates but it looks like he's stopped since Xmas, there are plenty of others about on twitter though 

My other advice would be to make sure your amazon account has all the data stored and get the app

The tweet came up as a notification on my phone via twitter, open app, 2 clicks, it was bought within 10 seconds, actually caused me a bit of panic how quick I bought it 

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Any news on when this will be back in stock? I am on the stock informer telegram group but the stock goes so quickly. Why are they restricting supply so much?

They aren't restricting supply.  Sony are producing it as fast as they can, but:

- It's THE hot product in demand.   They are selling double the x-box globally and even the X-box are having supply issues.

- Demand even higher than expected due to lockdown, pandemic, WFH, etc.

- Production not being able to ramp up fast enough due to covid staffing issues

- Scalpers buying up stock as fast as they can using bots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Any news on when this will be back in stock? I am on the stock informer telegram group but the stock goes so quickly. Why are they restricting supply so much?

They are being sold more quickly than they can be manufactured.  There are all kinds of stories about how global shipping is currently bottlenecked because intermodal containers which are supposed always be moving around the world kinda stopped last summer at the height of the pandemic which means there are thousands upon thousands of empty containers scattered around the world and these will take a while to come back into circulation.  Throw in that Sony are trying to serve North America (easily the most important market) Europe and Japan then all the supply constraints are beyond their control.  There are a few places online try to track stock alerts ( @DigitalFoundryDeals  @PS5UKstockalert ) but people are watching them like hawks and it's still nigh on impossible to get in.  I saw one yesterday and the allocation had sold out within 10 seconds.  If you are serious about getting one then make sure you have accounts at the vendors you trust and make sure you are logged in to those accounts at all time. The last thing you want is to see some on sale at Amazon/Game/Argos (etc) and find that by the time you've logged in with all your details then they've been gone by someone who was faster. 

I'm still waiting until I can just walk into a shop and buy one this time. There still aren't any really compelling exclusive games just yet.  Plus I kinda need a 4k TV which is capable of HDR to get the most out of a new console and I'd be sleeping on the settee for a month if I just bought both of those things at the same time. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, The_Rev said:

They are being sold more quickly than they can be manufactured.  There are all kinds of stories about how global shipping is currently bottlenecked because intermodal containers which are supposed always be moving around the world kinda stopped last summer at the height of the pandemic which means there are thousands upon thousands of empty containers scattered around the world and these will take a while to come back into circulation.  Throw in that Sony are trying to serve North America (easily the most important market) Europe and Japan then all the supply constraints are beyond their control.  There are a few places online try to track stock alerts ( @DigitalFoundryDeals  @PS5UKstockalert ) but people are watching them like hawks and it's still nigh on impossible to get in.  I saw one yesterday and the allocation had sold out within 10 seconds.  If you are serious about getting one then make sure you have accounts at the vendors you trust and make sure you are logged in to those accounts at all time. The last thing you want is to see some on sale at Amazon/Game/Argos (etc) and find that by the time you've logged in with all your details then they've been gone by someone who was faster. 

I'm still waiting until I can just walk into a shop and buy one this time. There still aren't any really compelling exclusive games just yet.  Plus I kinda need a 4k TV which is capable of HDR to get the most out of a new console and I'd be sleeping on the settee for a month if I just bought both of those things at the same time. 😄

Thanks

Yeah I think I will just wait and I am in the same boat re the TV!

• Like 1

On 27/01/2021 at 13:53, The_Rev said:

This is exactly where I am at with regards the purchase of a PS5, including the sleeping on the settee bit. 😂

• Haha 1

PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs Switch Launch Sales Comparison Through Week 10PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S vs Switch Launch Sales Comparison Through Week 10

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/447177/ps5-vs-xbox-series-xs-vs-switch-launch-sales-comparison-through-week-10/

I'm surprised the X Box has sold so many units. I don't know a single person who has an X-box or plans to buy a new X-box. Maybe its the USA bumping up the numbers?

Whereas everyone i know has a PS4 (and/or Switch) and everyone will upgrade to PS5 at some point.

Yes, it might just be confirmation bias from my circle though.

The US is where Xbox does best and will likely continue to do best. That said Xbox is set for a massive generation and a lot of people are sleeping on Xbox. Now, I can understand that somewhat because Xbox One didn't really excite and Series X doesn't have exclusives right now, but late 2021 and beyond it's going to get interesting for Xbox.

Yeah maybe a price drop paired with some actual games the xbox will start to sell, to be fair to them game pass is incredible 

That said I also don't know anyone who is an xbox gamer any more, wouldn't say any of my mates are social gamers beyond a bit of fifa, cod and rocket league, the single player stuff on the PS4 cleaned up, based almost solely on TCGS and giant bomb it seems like xbox still attracts a lot of social gamers, would say both of those podcasts are massive switch players over both of the others though 

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah maybe a price drop paired with some actual games the xbox will start to sell, to be fair to them game pass is incredible 

is Game Pass better than PS Now? 

PS Now has a back catalogue of 500 games and adds 5-6 new games every month, for around £3/month (if you buy annually).

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

is Game Pass better than PS Now? 

PS Now has a back catalogue of 500 games and adds 5-6 new games every month, for around £3/month (if you buy annually).

yes a lot better but IMO its the only thing the xbox has over playstation

they give you the games on day 1, so whereas god of war or horizon will make its way to ps now eventually after a couple of years microsoft put their exclusives on game pass on day 1, ghost of tsushima and the last of us 2 for example arent on there yet, its incredibly good value, to the point where there are a lot of questions as to the sustainability of it, so its not just bugsnax and destruction all stars its everything

obviously the downside to it is of course MS dont actually have many exclusives...or seemingly any that arent halo, GoW or horizon which are 3 franchises i dont play but as daweii said by the end of this year* when their newly bought studios start churning out games then that could all change, the next downside to it is the suggestion that game pass will reduce the production costs, sony's model is based on extremely high production cost / value games that they need to sell £50 copies of to recover the money, MS will seemingly either reduce the production costs or take a financial hit but they keep saying they'll do neither

for me personally xbone was almost nintendo level of no games and at the moment so is the series x (not that ps5 is much better) its a huge year for them for me, maybe not in terms of releases but at least showing me soemthing that makes me buy a series x rather than a switch as my 2nd console, cos at the moment switch is winning that race, especially with a price cut and a 2nd zelda game

* their first exclusive of this gen came out last week, the medium, got good reviews - after that the only exclusive they have in 2020 with confirmed release date is samurai showdown...PS has 10

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone have any advice to improve a laggy connection/ latency? Sons currently going mental playing fifa online, blaming lag which in all fairness does happen to him sometimes.   

Â