Playstation 5

villarule123

I'm still having issues when I connect the external storage from my ps4.  Sporadically comes up with an error about not shutting down correctly and needing to rebuild the database.   When is done that I just end up with a black screen which means the console needs turning off again.   I've disconnected the external drive now but it's a problem which Sony need to fix. 

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Stupid question... 

This upgrade stuff, if I buy the £40 PS4 version of fifa, cod, AC just about anything the update on the PS5 makes that game exactly the same as the as the more expensive PS5 version? Or are there slight differences

I understand cyberpunk will ve slightly better but not the full next gen upgrade, wondering if the other games are the same 

The update on the PS5 will make those games exactly the same as the PS5 versions.

Cyberpunk will just be the PS4 version slightly uplifted to begin with but a free full next gen upgrade will be available next year at some point (date unconfirmed as of yet). The only reason that Cyberpunk won't get the full next gen upgrade on release is that this upgrade isn't ready so there will be no PS5 version on launch.

• Thanks 1

Today I joined the next generation 😁

I instantly regretted not preordering one, but to be fair that was before I knew I was getting a handsome Christmas bonus from work this year. As soon as I found that out a couple of weeks ago, I've been keeping fairly close tabs on the next wave of stock.

I managed to snag a digital edition from Amazon yesterday and it got delivered an hour or so ago. I'm downloading Spider-Man: Miles Morales as we speak. I'm sure I'll cave and get Demon's Souls over the weekend, too.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Today I joined the next generation 😁

I instantly regretted not preordering one, but to be fair that was before I knew I was getting a handsome Christmas bonus from work this year. As soon as I found that out a couple of weeks ago, I've been keeping fairly close tabs on the next wave of stock.

I managed to snag a digital edition from Amazon yesterday and it got delivered an hour or so ago. I'm downloading Spider-Man: Miles Morales as we speak. I'm sure I'll cave and get Demon's Souls over the weekend, too.

Welcome to the club brother 👍

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

game awards last night means lots of new trailers about, not many huge hitters but lots of interesting stuff, highlight for me -

Season - The Game Awards 2020: Official Announcement Trailer | PS5 - YouTube

"bicycle road trip game" that looks stunning, hopefully a bit like ico, sotc, journey etc 

When I saw sotc I immediately thought it was the other meaning and that someone had made an indy game about them 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

**** me how do you shut her up 😱😂

There's an option for audio description in the settings,  but you have a choice to turn it off on one of the first screens of the setup process. 

8 minutes ago, dubbs said:

There's an option for audio description in the settings,  but you have a choice to turn it off on one of the first screens of the setup process. 

Yeah I found it, had to watch a YouTube video, didn't spot it at the start, was baffled by it, she read out everything 

To be fair to them it worked for what it was trying to do, the last of us and ghost both had loads of accessibility options too so it's obviously something they're actively trying to help gamers with 

• Like 2

Finished Spiderman Miles Morales.

Really good. It's obviously more of an expansion to the original game than a true sequel, you could easily knock the story out in 4 hours and while there's a decent chunk of side stuff in the vein of the first game is still much smaller. But it's got a decent story, it still plays brilliantly, they add in some of Miles additional powers pretty seamlessly, and it looks amazing.

I'm not... a super fan of Miles, as a character, especially in this series as they make him a bit of a wet blanket, but they have cracked some of the things that make Miles a more interesting character. Particularly the potential for using low tier Spiderman villains as high level antagonists for him. One of his key villains is the Prowler, a proper low rent Spidey enemy but with Miles they can make him have much more weight, and they do. One of the major villains in the game is the Tinkerer, another D-lister, but here they manage to make the character into something much more heavy.

So yeah, solid stuff.

Â