Playstation 5

villarule123

I believe you will be able to, but only through the browser based PlayStation Store. We'll know for sure on the 12th when Bugsnax/PS5 launches in the US and the game is finally added to PS+.

• Like 1

Just been reading that some of the existing PS4 games will be getting free upgrades which is very welcome.

I know some PS4 games (most?) will improve graphically by running at 60fps etc on the PS5, but games like No Man's Sky and Dead by Daylight are getting free updates which from reading go beyond that.

Good stuff.

The path less getting 7s and 8s in reviews

Surprisingly godfall seems to be getting OK reviews too, that had massive shiny shit written all over it but there's a couple of reviewers who have really enjoyed it, the combat is meant to be good which will make or break it

On 09/11/2020 at 22:04, villa4europe said:

Feels like Sony might also be testing the waters a little with psn+ / ps now, they should merge the 2 really

They definitely shouldn't merge the two services. 

PS NOW is fantastic.  A massive library of PS4 games that i can download and play, plus roughly 4-5 new games added every month of which at least 1 is a newer (but not new) AAA game. Also any game in PS Now can still be played online without PS Plus anyway!  All for £32/year through CDKeys.

PS Plus is rubbish for people who don't care about playing online.   It has 2 older games a month added for a limited time and that's it.  

Edited by ender4

I meant more that I find it weird that bugsnax for example is free for 2 months but then not included within ps now which to me doesn't make sense, there are a few instances of this

For £10 a month I think you should get both as 1 service, ps+ for online gaming and ps now, just make it one service 

Same with xbox and game pass / gold / games with gold (games with gold games not being on game pass is even more bizarre) 

On 09/11/2020 at 22:04, villa4europe said:

What tcgs show didn't know was whether or not PS4 owners could add PS5 PSN+ games in to their library now and then download them at a future date

For example if I get a PS5 when the 3rd wave comes around and goes on general sale in April can add bugsnax in December and DAS in February? I hope the answer is yes but I'm expecting it to be no 

Feels like Sony might also be testing the waters a little with psn+ / ps now, they should merge the 2 really, either that or they're doing the 2 month thing because they simply don't have the content 

Bugsnax for PS+ can now be added to your account via the PlayStation Store website, or the PlayStation App for iOS/Android. I have included the link to the website below; 

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/subscriptions

This pretty much confirms that Destruction All-Stars will be the same in February.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I’ve never played a Souls game but it looks beautiful on the trailer demo

They're **** hard!! 

I can see why people enjoy them but I don't, I was crazy disappointed with bloodborne, not in the game itself because I could see the quality of it but in my lack of ability to play those style of games 

2 hours ago, dubbs said:

Quick question for those in the know.   I'm playing Valhalla on PS4, with the PS5 upgrade free.  Will the save work on the PS5 version or will I have to start again?

Apparently it’s at the discretion of the studios, but I think all the ps5 games should be ok to carry over - it’ll mainly be the PS4 games that have been given the ‘upgrade’ treatment

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Apparently it’s at the discretion of the studios, but I think all the ps5 games should be ok to carry over - it’ll mainly be the PS4 games that have been given the ‘upgrade’ treatment

Ah right so I guess I'll have to start again on PS5 then. 

So this is the week then guys.   Wonder if any of us will receive it early.   Hopefully the week between the US launch and ours gives Sony a chance to work on some of the bugs in the system software I've been reading about.

Still haven't seen any PS5 games on shelves,  even though they are officially out now.  Might have to get something ordered online in readiness.  Not sure how long I'll spend on Astro and Bugsnax 😂

I'm looking forward to a new Borderlands 3 playthrough when the PS5 comes out. I'll have the digital PS5 version free (from PS4 digital version) and I expect I'll be able to play it without the jet engine running and framerate drops. Will be like a new game.

3 hours ago, dubbs said:

So this is the week then guys.   Wonder if any of us will receive it early.   Hopefully the week between the US launch and ours gives Sony a chance to work on some of the bugs in the system software I've been reading about.

Hopefully Sony have a stability update out this week. It took them 4-days when the PS4 launched to get an update out, but with Covid the same update for PS5 might be delayed.

Most of the issues seem to be caused by the rear ports on the console. The best advice seems to be;

• Don't plug an external hard drive in as that seems to be causing instability. 
  • Don't go online via an Ethernet cable unless you have to. Use Wi-Fi for the time being.
  • Make sure the power cable is plugged in fully. A partial connection may allow the console to turn on, but it might not be enough.
    • Linked to power is rest mode which some people believe is also part of the problem. Turn this off if you're concerned enough about it being an issue.

The biggest culprit seems to be the external hard drive. That one seems to be linked to a vast majority of the stories of PS5's getting bricked.

In the end though it should be fine. I firmly believe that this is a minor issue being made to look more widespread by social media. Everyone without issues isn't online talking about it, they're busy playing games on their new console. 

• Like 3

Â