Playstation 5

villarule123

Can you transfer or redownload PS4 games that you got through PSN?

So for example I have GTSport on the PS4 which I bought through PSN. Would I just be able to redownload that straight onto my PS5?

On 12/11/2020 at 14:26, Dante_Lockhart said:

Confirmed I should be getting mine Thursday or Friday next week. Awesome sauce.

I can't really justify getting one as I only play GT sport and the media server / Netflix. 

But,  I am super excited for you guys who are getting one.  I hope it's great for you all.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Can you transfer or redownload PS4 games that you got through PSN?

So for example I have GTSport on the PS4 which I bought through PSN. Would I just be able to redownload that straight onto my PS5?

Yes - full backwards compatability (or near enough - think there's a handful of games which won't work on PS5 but none that I'd heard of). Graphics won't be any different to PS4 Pro unless its been specifically patched for PS5. People are saying a lot of games are playing like completely different games even without the upgrade patch as frame rates are more stable etc.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I can't really justify getting one as I only play GT sport and the media server / Netflix. 

But,  I am super excited for you guys who are getting one.  I hope it's great for you all.

TBH the only reason I'm plumping up on opening week is because I'm pretty sure my PS4 is going to blow up soon, so I want to sell it while I can >_>

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

Hopefully Sony have a stability update out this week. It took them 4-days when the PS4 launched to get an update out, but with Covid the same update for PS5 might be delayed.

Most of the issues seem to be caused by the rear ports on the console. The best advice seems to be;

• Don't plug an external hard drive in as that seems to be causing instability. 
  • Don't go online via an Ethernet cable unless you have to. Use Wi-Fi for the time being.
  • Make sure the power cable is plugged in fully. A partial connection may allow the console to turn on, but it might not be enough.
    • Linked to power is rest mode which some people believe is also part of the problem. Turn this off if you're concerned enough about it being an issue.

The biggest culprit seems to be the external hard drive. That one seems to be linked to a vast majority of the stories of PS5's getting bricked.

In the end though it should be fine. I firmly believe that this is a minor issue being made to look more widespread by social media. Everyone without issues isn't online talking about it, they're busy playing games on their new console. 

I'm a bit stuffed then.   I've got all the stuff I play on PS4 on an external drive.  I hadn't heard of the ethernet issue either. 

23 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Yes - full backwards compatability (or near enough - think there's a handful of games which won't work on PS5 but none that I'd heard of). Graphics won't be any different to PS4 Pro unless its been specifically patched for PS5. People are saying a lot of games are playing like completely different games even without the upgrade patch as frame rates are more stable etc.

Brilliant. I knew it was backwards compatible but I didn't know if you had to re-buy games you'd downloaded.

It's a big selling point for me. I'm famously slow at getting games so there are still some PS4 games I'd like to play

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Brilliant. I knew it was backwards compatible but I didn't know if you had to re-buy games you'd downloaded.

It's a big selling point for me. I'm famously slow at getting games so there are still some PS4 games I'd like to play

Yeah to be fair I've got a backlog of games that I've bought in sales on the store and not even downloaded which I decided just to wait for the PS5 to play with the quicker load speeds etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There are quite a few good titles included for PS5 owners on PS+ i believe.  Might be some there to add to your library. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dubbs said:

There are quite a few good titles included for PS5 owners on PS+ i believe.  Might be some there to add to your library. 

yep, they're doing pretty much PS4 1st party catalogue on PS+, so god of war, uncharted, days gone, pretty much everything apart from ghosts and last of us 2 i think, maybe spiderman too seeing as they've done the ultimate edition and upgraded it, its called PS collection or something like that

and you should be able to go to "library" and find all of the PSN+ and old games that you digitally bought / downloaded and just download them again from one of the videos i saw, they've improved the library section too so it looks easier to navigate

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

If his comes first just say it's yours and he'll have to wait.

Unfortunately we are having different bundles so that wasn't an option but luckily mines on the way 😁

Â