Playstation 5

villarule123

9 hours ago, jim said:

Set mine up earlier but only had chance for a quick blast on Astrobot. Also installing MM at the same time and was a touch noisy, but I’ve read can be a little when installing games.

Im not entirely sure I like all the rumble, it’s very clever but my hands felt a bit tingly afterwards. Astrobot, whilst good was a bit meh having played the VR version.

Looking forward to Spidey tomorrow though, can’t decide wether to start with the remaster and DLC before jumping into Miles

I couldnt play astro on VR headache over load

Few bugs I'm noticing on the PS5.  My copy of Demons Souls deletes itself when I eject the disc- other people seeing the same issue.  Also can't see an option to upgrade Valhalla to the PS5 version even though its on the box.   Followed instructions on the net and no good.  Not off to a great start. 

Might try a factory reset. 

Edited by dubbs

On 20/11/2020 at 09:38, dubbs said:

Few bugs I'm noticing on the PS5.  My copy of Demons Souls deletes itself when I eject the disc- other people seeing the same issue.  Also can't see an option to upgrade Valhalla to the PS5 version even though its on the box.   Followed instructions on the net and no good.  Not off to a great start. 

Might try a factory reset. 

My mate had this issue but go on YouTube there is a way to resolve it

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

My mate had this issue but go on YouTube there is a way to resolve it

The Demons Souls issue has resolved itself with an update I believe but Valhalla still wants me to pay to upgrade.  Its a know issue so hopefully will be resolved in a few days. 

Took me a while to figure out you can choose to play the PS4 or the ps5 version at the game main menu by opening the options on the game tile.

also once I downloaded the ps5 borderlands 3 upgrade I deleted the PS4 one from storage and saved 50GB

Edited by Dante_Lockhart
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve not had a console since the PS2, out of interest how much are consoles and games these days?

£450 for the console and £70 for the games

Sounds like a lot but from memory my PS2 on launch day was £299 and the £40 for games, with inflation that's £525 and £70 so it's not that bad 

Would say as much as they want them to I think they're actually going to less of an all round entertainment thing, the apps are everywhere, Netflix being on the ps5 is no longer a seller, the PS2 having a dvd player was a massive thing 

• Thanks 1

The console is pretty special, certainly a bigger leap up than the previous gen was. 

The controller and the speed of the console alone are a huge upgrade. I love the activity cards, being able to jump straight back in to the game mode you want is really nice. 

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

The console is pretty special, certainly a bigger leap up than the previous gen was. 

The controller and the speed of the console alone are a huge upgrade. I love the activity cards, being able to jump straight back in to the game mode you want is really nice. 

Great console but seems a little unstable sometimes.   Tonight my console decided it didn't recognise my external drive.  Did a rebuild and tried to load a game and ended up with a black screen.   Turning off and on sorted it.  As previously mentioned Demon Souls updated today then wouldn't load.   A restart resolved that too.  Early days and I'm sure patches are coming to iron out these little bugs. 

This is my take on it (or pretty close to); there's hardly any new games, hardly any new IP's, little to no innovation (hepatic feedback or not), we're still playing old stuff, with better loading times and slightly more polish - it's just not worth the £500 outlay, plus you've got some early adopters having problems (like the above).

Plus, even if I did have one, I have a 10 year old 1080p tv, so not even getting the benefit of 4k - so that would be another new tv, maybe a controller - that's £1000 for barely any palpable upgrade.

The jumps between are too small on gen-to-gen consoles now, plus the few launch titles don't really appeal to me (I still have bloodbourne to finish, if I can be bothered, which I'm not at the moment). 

I'll maybe get one when the new battlefield comes out later next year.  But nothing for me at the moment is making me jealous of anyone having one, which is a shame because I've have day releases of PS4/PS3, can' remember but maybe PS2. 

It's too expensive to make games now, so studios just go with the flow and follow the beaten path. 

As a man who is trying to get his hands on either console I actually agree

Neither of them are actually worth buying right now and I'm not sure why I'm so fussed about trying to get one, miles morales is the only proper next gen title I want until deathloop in May, there's not a single xbox next gen game that I am after

But at the same time I also can't be bothered to play AC, Cod or even FIFA on my PS4 / xbone knowing a better version is out there

hopefully I'll get one of them before Xmas 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

As a man who is trying to get his hands on either console I actually agree

Neither of them are actually worth buying right now and I'm not sure why I'm so fussed about trying to get one, miles morales is the only proper next gen title I want until deathloop in May, there's not a single xbox next gen game that I am after

But at the same time I also can't be bothered to play AC, Cod or even FIFA on my PS4 / xbone knowing a better version is out there

hopefully I'll get one of them before Xmas 

And even that's just going to be a more polished Spiderman on the ps3 game.

Or you could play batman arkham asylum and have the same sort of game play, timed combat.

It looks quite fun, but isn't it insanely short?

Â