Emiliano Martínez

hippo

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

United played Shaw centre back yesterday

Rulli the Argentina back up keeper didnt start for Villarreal either and has been No.1 all season

If Romero is fit enough to play then why isn’t Emi?   Surely they make all these Argentinians the same ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

United played Shaw centre back yesterday

Rulli the Argentina back up keeper didnt start for Villarreal either and has been No.1 all season

I don’t think he is leaving or anything but we have olsen in goals.  Doesn’t matter if he is even 50%.  We may as well not even field today with Olsen, the man can’t even kick the ball.

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

I don’t think he is leaving or anything but we have olsen in goals.  Doesn’t matter if he is even 50%.  We may as well not even field today with Olsen, the man can’t even kick the ball.

The only thing I can think of is that Emery doesn't want to risk Martinez having a howler due to not being 100% and then that affecting him for future games.

This is 100% an Emery decision, not Emi. Can see from all the interviews how driven he is and he'd want to play. Remember when he went to visit his dad in hospital and flew back for the match? It'll be as he hasn't trained enough and while i appreciate that for outfield players, not a goalkeeper. Im sorry but if we lose this, it's on Emery. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There are people paid to assess how fit a player is but physically and mentally.  This isn’t just Emery looking him in the eye and dropping him to the bench. 

I imagine Unai is more of a heads or tails you start type of guy

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Messi not back today either. He’s off. 

Fans are nuts.

Messi not playing? What a word removed! PSG should sack him

Just now, sidcow said:

It's a bit different for an outfield player isn't it? 

It is. You can have other people cover your back if you aren't 100% in the outfield. 

GK has be 100% laser focused. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 5-1 said:

This is 100% an Emery decision, not Emi. Can see from all the interviews how driven he is and he'd want to play. Remember when he went to visit his dad in hospital and flew back for the match? It'll be as he hasn't trained enough and while i appreciate that for outfield players, not a goalkeeper. Im sorry but if we lose this, it's on Emery. 

And if we win? Does Emery get credit for that?

Â