Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

I dunno. If I had two weeks off after having a child or getting married in pretty certain my bosses wouldn't be like 'ease yourself in gently, you can just make the tea this week'. I think I'd be expected to be doing my job to the full extent on my first day back.  

Anyway it's all speculation at the moment, we'll soon see how Emi is in a few hours.

That is the madness of having a job in this world though, in the middle of the hypercapitalist peak. The workers were always going to suffer this. They're not going to not have to work for their win.

The irritation should be aimed at the ruling class. 

24 minutes ago, useless said:

The Pickford link isn't worth entertaining, it's come from Alan Nixon so likely made up, and Martinez isn't going anywhere.

I quite like the idea that the club are honest about the fact that Emi might leave and are considering options. I was sort of hoping we might do this type of thing with all positions. Fingers crossed he doesn't leave and Unai wants him as number 1.

3 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

And yet, nowhere near as important as either of those things unless your priorities are really screwed up.

You'd be surprised. Athletes are a weird bunch. Look at Wawrinka the tennis player. And many 'average' people have basically cast their family aside for way less

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

He won’t be playing this afternoon

That’s a joke if true. We give this guy way too much leeway. 

11 minutes ago, jim said:

That’s a joke if true. We give this guy way too much leeway. 

Were you as harsh when he asked to be rested and captain clown allowed it on the last day of last season or is its fine under new management to criticise the new regime?

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Were you as harsh when he asked to be rested and captain clown allowed it on the last day of last season or is its fine under new management to criticise the new regime?

No I had the same view, same when he went off to Argentina. 

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If Emi isn’t 100% then he shouldn’t play, you’d be the first to criticise him if he played and let in 3.

I would you are correct, if coming back not 100% for the club he loves so much and pays his wages. 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he ain’t fit then he shouldn’t play. Macalister didn’t play for Brighton yesterday and Alveraz got a few minutes. 

It’s not just us being a soft touch. Many clubs are having to manage World Cup winners returning. 

I think exceptions can be made for goalkeepers tbf but it's Unai's call.

6 minutes ago, jim said:

I would you are correct, if coming back not 100% for the club he loves so much and pays his wages. 

Not sure what relevancy it has that we pay his wages? If he’s not 100% he shouldn’t play, pretty simple really.

Â