Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

2 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

There seems something weird about Son where he appears to be able to heal muscular injuries in about 2 days. I'm sure I remember getting tricked by it multiple times over the years.

He heals quickly but there's also an element of Jose doing a reverse Smith where he plays the 'woe is me' card for players who aren't that unfit, whereas Smith pretends players with a limb hanging off are looking possible for the weekend.

39 minutes ago, BOF said:

This injury?

Yep. He "might be back" for Villa. That's not concrete enough for me on a week where I have no bench. I'll leave it as late as I can but unless I hear "he will play" I probably won't risk it

• Like 1

I'm going to risk Son not playing and leaving me with 10. Over the years I've been repeatedly burned by making moves in order to make sure I put 11 out in blank weeks, it has rarely paid off.

I stupidly transferred out Martinez for our blank against Newcastle and it cost me about 25 points and 0.5m in value before I could spare a transfer to get him back in. :lol:

5 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Crap week, 34 points.  Pep rotation massively screwed me over benching both my captain and vice!

Always split teams for captain and vice just in case the game is cancelled or something. 

• Like 2

Bielsa says Bamford plays on Friday and Jose says Son definitely doesn't which means he likely will. My squad is suddenly looking a lot more healthy. Although I won't be that sad if Son doesn't play. 

I think I'll take the -4 to get a full XI out this week. Probably Stones, Digne and Barnes out for Dunk, Reguilon and a punt... haven't decided who though!

Also might go Veltman over Dunk...

I’m going to take a -4 too, but that will only get me to a 9-man team. 10 if Son plays.

I’m going to be a maverick and bring in Newcastle defenders. It’ll probably bite me on the arse, but hey ho!

I've taken a - 4 to bring in Kane and Lingard, making me less differential this week and to try and stay top in my work league. 

Have Watkins, then Emi in goal and the Kane, (Son?) and Bale so kinda hoping for a 5-4 villa win with Watkins celebrating his call up with lots of goals. 

Very tempted to stick the captain on Dunk but going with Kane as he'll surely get at least 50% of the picks this week. 

Right, moves made. It only took me 29 weeks to get onto the Dallas train. Brought Raphinha back in too and brought my Aubameyang purchase forward a few weeks on the basis it's a cheap hit.  10 players playing this week. Hopefully a nice green arrow.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Right, moves made. It only took me 29 weeks to get onto the Dallas train. Brought Raphinha back in too and brought my Aubameyang purchase forward a few weeks on the basis it's a cheap hit.  10 players playing this week. Hopefully a nice green arrow.

I wanted Auba but couldn't get him and Kane without also transferring someone else to free up funds which felt a waste. 

33 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I wanted Auba but couldn't get him and Kane without also transferring someone else to free up funds which felt a waste. 

Yeah I'm feeling encouraged that a lot of people wanted him but couldn't afford him. I had loads of money lying around. I stilll have 2.4 in the bank now.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Yeah I'm feeling encouraged that a lot of people wanted him but couldn't afford him. I had loads of money lying around. I stilll have 2.4 in the bank now.

I reckon he'll be a great differential this week. Felt I had to have Kane this week and he took a lot of my available funds. Trouble I have is I've now got Kane, Bale and Son, that's too much money tied up in Spurs attack. I'll wildcard in a few GWs and rebalance it out and get a few more Arsenal players (hopefully their rotation has settled down by then too). 

Took a -4 to get a full 11 for this GW and 2 of the players transferred in were Sanchez and Trossard so I’m quite pleased right now. 

38 points as things stand with 5 players tomorrow. 

• Like 3

On 18/03/2021 at 14:10, Stevo985 said:

I think I'll take the -4 to get a full XI out this week. Probably Stones, Digne and Barnes out for Dunk, Reguilon and a punt... haven't decided who though!

Also might go Veltman over Dunk...

I went Veltman over Dunk...

... and my punt was Trossard.

Safe to say this week is going pretty well. 45 with 6 (including my captain) to play seems like a good place to be on a massive BGW!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Blimey some big scores in the irreverentad league, @AndyM3000 has also had a stormer with his FH. It's cool though, I just need a villa clean sheet and a Watkins hat trick and I'm golden.

Yeh nice score for me so far after the Brighton stack. I've sort of gambled on who I think wins outright, 3 x Leeds, 3 x Brighton, 3 x West Ham and then Bale/Kane. Will all go to pot once Arsenal and Villa win!

If Grealish is back I actually fancy us to do okay, without him we look absolutely lost in the final 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Yeh nice score for me so far after the Brighton stack. I've sort of gambled on who I think wins outright, 3 x Leeds, 3 x Brighton, 3 x West Ham and then Bale/Kane. Will all go to pot once Arsenal and Villa win!

If Grealish is back I actually fancy us to do okay, without him we look absolutely lost in the final 3rd. 

Andy from Letstalkfpl actually said you should go Grealish in a free hit on the basis that money is no issue this week and if he were to play, you would want him as a serious differential, and obviously if he doesn't then you get your sub anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Andy from Letstalkfpl actually said you should go Grealish in a free hit on the basis that money is no issue this week and if he were to play, you would want him as a serious differential, and obviously if he doesn't then you get your sub anyway. 

I don’t think Grealish will be back but agree with the above approach. Makes perfect sense