Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

2 hours ago, BOF said:

No you're fine, it's a very weird situation. Basically the only easy way to get an advantage from gameweek 19 without wrecking your existing squad or negating it all by blanking equally in 18 is either to

i) build a squad that plays in 18 and then wildcard in 19 (not recommended as it's a cheap use of a wildcard)
ii) build a squad that plays twice in 19 and use your free hit token in 18.

If you build a fully playing squad for 19 including bench then you can use your bench boost token in 19 too and potentially have 32 players playing that gameweek (15x2 + captain x2). But obviously that's very difficult to do in the interim.

With the news that 26 is going to be a potentially big double gameweek, I'm holding off my bench boost until then. I'm just going to build towards 19, free hit in 18 and see how the cards fall.

iii) Have a squad that will have a decent GW18 despite the blanks and FH GW19?

Not how I'm approaching it but it could be valid.

It all depends on how many players you have for the double imo. If you can get yourself to 10 or 11 through FTs without wrecking your squad (and assuming your players without doubles are still going to score good points) then for me it's a no brainer to FH in GW18 and then BB GW19

If it was marginal then I'd probably be using FH in GW18 and TC someone like Salah in GW19

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd also be looking to offload Watkins. I own him too. Believe me he's not "kicking goals". He's got no goals in 6 weeks and has average 1 FPL point per week during that time. 

Don't worry, I've just swapped Watkins for Wood so VAR will no doubt start being nice to him now. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Don't worry, I've just swapped Watkins for Wood so VAR will no doubt start being nice to him now. 

I do think Watkins could do very well against Palace, so thanks for that :thumb:

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I do think Watkins could do very well against Palace, so thanks for that :thumb:

Yeah, he could do, but I never feel comfortable with 3 Villa players and Burnley appear to be improving and their next three fixtures are Leeds, Sheffield United and Fulham which looked very tempting. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think so too. But after 6 weeks of blanks and his price about to drop, plus Adams playing Fulham, I'm getting rid this week.

If he scores then he scores

• Like 2

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

Replaced Maddison with Jorginho, Jesus with Kane, and Coady with James (Chelsea).

Is your wildcard still active because I'd keep an eye on any James news. He's out with a knee injury and Jorginho basically doesn't play any more. He gets the very odd cameo.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Is your wildcard still active because I'd keep an eye on any James news. He's out with a knee injury and Jorginho basically doesn't play any more. He gets the very odd cameo.

Yes wildcard is still active. I've put McGinn in for Jorginho, Justin in for James, and Kilman in for Targett.

Edited by A'Villan

11 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Yes wildcard is still active. I've put McGinn in for Jorginho, Justin in for James, and Kilman in for Targett.

Yeah I think if you're someone who only checks periodically then you definitely have to have players who are as locked in to their starting 11 as possible, and beyond that it's about having the money in the right places.  After that, I'm not here to pick your team. For example I can't say whether you're right or wrong to go with one player over another if they're both in the same price bracket.  I only want to steer you away from the more obvious pitfalls that can trip someone up tactically. I hope the advice came across in the right way :thumb:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah I think if you're someone who only checks periodically then you definitely have to have players who are as locked in to their starting 11 as possible, and beyond that it's about having the money in the right places.  After that, I'm not here to pick your team. For example I can't say whether you're right or wrong to go with one player over another if they're both in the same price bracket.  I only want to steer you away from the more obvious pitfalls that can trip someone up tactically. I hope the advice came across in the right way :thumb:

Yeah absolutely. It's definitely appreciated. I don't really care too much for bragging rights over the forum or my friends who've got a league with. However I like to do well at anything I invest time into, and I've been notoriously poor at this since 2010 (albeit I've played 3 or 4 seasons of it since). So some pointers is definitely welcome.

Plus the loser of our group league among friends here in Melbourne has to pay for a round of pizzas for everyone in the group. Yep, I'm dead last by 100 points already.

28 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Seems to me Jorginho isn't playing a whole lot? At least has a lot of 0 scores so I assume he didn't play? How come? 

That spot was always going to end up with Kovacic. Chelsea fans were surprised when Jorginho started there, but it was only a matter of time. 

And Jorginho only had decent points because of that flurry of penalties we had at the start of the season and he was taking them all. He wouldn't usually score many FPL points at all.

Not gonna lie he's a terrible pick :) 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I knew taking Watkins out of my team was the right thing to do. Just need Burnley to score a bucketful now lol

Yeah frustrating that. I took him out for Adams. Right decision long term I think but annoying today. Could have been worse though, Watkins should have scored twice at least!

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah frustrating that. I took him out for Adams. Right decision long term I think but annoying today. Could have been worse though, Watkins should have scored twice at least!

Easily could have had a hatrick, but then he also could have had two goals not ruled out by VAR whilst I had him. Holding Villa players is awkward for me as if they have a bad game I get double frustrated. Whilst if I don't have them and they have a great game I'm still happy. 

On 23/12/2020 at 09:16, Stevo985 said:

And Jorginho only had decent points because of that flurry of penalties we had at the start of the season and he was taking them all. He wouldn't usually score many FPL points at all.

Not gonna lie he's a terrible pick :) 

And he’s just missed a penalty. Which is the only thing he’s good for