Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

Noob question, can I sub on my subs after the games have been played? I.e. replace a player who had a stinker with a sub who did well? If not why do they list their game week points?

No they only come on if a starter gets zero minutes. They list the points just because that's what the player got in his game. It's also why you need to carefully manage the order of your subs each week. It's often overlooked. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

No they only come on if a starter gets zero minutes. They list the points just because that's what the player got in his game. It's also why you need to carefully manage the order of your subs each week. It's often overlooked. 

Thanks. It certainly is by me, I’m doing remarkably well considering how little work I put in.

Edited by Genie

45 minutes ago, Genie said:

Noob question, can I sub on my subs after the games have been played? I.e. replace a player who had a stinker with a sub who did well? If not why do they list their game week points?

Technically what @BOF says is correct. However the alternative view is that they list them purely to wind you up when your starting players have stinkers and your bench does great. Kinda like a 'here's what you could have won'. I think my record is mid 20s for points left on the bench. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Thanks. It certainly is by me, I’m doing remarkably well considering how little work I put in.

Always assume your subs will come on. Pick them in the order you would want them coming on. Including factoring in mids as sub 1 for a 3 man defence (meaning sub 2 comes on instead). Also if a player is doubtful but you'd like him to play, then just start him. If he doesn't play then he'll be subbed off anyway, but if he does then you're quids in. Yes there's a chance he might not start and might get 10 minutes off the bench and give you 1pt, but that tends not to happen with injury risks. They either miss out altogether or they play. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Always assume your subs will come on. Pick them in the order you would want them coming on. Including factoring in mids as sub 1 for a 3 man defence (meaning sub 2 comes on instead). Also if a player is doubtful but you'd like him to play, then just start him. If he doesn't play then he'll be subbed off anyway, but if he does then you're quids in. Yes there's a chance he might not start and might get 10 minutes off the bench and give you 1pt, but that tends not to happen with injury risks. They either miss out altogether or they play. 

Cheers, I best get Mings out of my squad before I forget...

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Cheers, I best get Mings out of my squad before I forget...

He only misses 1 game and it's Chelsea. He's straight back afterwards and also has a game in gameweek 18. If you lose value on him then just bench him for the week and save the transfer. Don't overreact just because someone missesa game. Use your squad if you can. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

He only misses 1 game and it's Chelsea. He's straight back afterwards and also has a game in gameweek 18. If you lose value on him then just bench him for the week and save the transfer. Don't overreact just because someone missesa game. Use your squad if you can. 

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

Bit scattergun with my wildcard and I got confused with money a bit.

I made a load of changes, removing Justin, getting £4.6m for him. 

Later I went back to tweak after Matip got injured to take him out and put Justin back, and I had to pay £4.9m?

He was already in my team at the start of the wildcard so surely he should only have cost me £4.6m?

I earned that £0.3m!

33 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Bit scattergun with my wildcard and I got confused with money a bit.

I made a load of changes, removing Justin, getting £4.6m for him. 

Later I went back to tweak after Matip got injured to take him out and put Justin back, and I had to pay £4.9m?

He was already in my team at the start of the wildcard so surely he should only have cost me £4.6m?

I earned that £0.3m!

Unfortunately, once you confirm the transfers you lose the value. Never transfer someone out on a wildcard you intend to keep.

• Like 1

And if you're transferring someone out where you've gained value on them, make damn sure you don't want them back.

I've pulled the trigger on KDB->Son for a 4 week punt. But I'm nervous because Aguero is on the way back and Son looked leggy against Wolves so this is me chasing the fixtures and half expecting to be bitten on the arse by it. I can go straight from DCL to Aguero quite easily now though so there is that. 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

And if you're transferring someone out where you've gained value on them, make damn sure you don't want them back.

I've pulled the trigger on KDB->Son for a 4 week punt. But I'm nervous because Aguero is on the way back and Son looked leggy against Wolves so this is me chasing the fixtures and half expecting to be bitten on the arse by it. I can go straight from DCL to Aguero quite easily now though so there is that. 

I’ve done exactly the same with the plan to go DCL to Antonio (if he’s fit. Someone like Abraham if he’s not) and then upgrade to Aguero if he’s firing

I've always hated that you only get 0.5m for every 1m a player rises in price, doesn't seem fair. 

Also hoping Son has a stinker for the next few weeks as seems everyone but me has either him or Kane right now. 

8 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Also hoping Son has a stinker for the next few weeks as seems everyone but me has either him or Kane right now. 

Fulham at home, a marauding Leeds prone to counter attack, Villa are a tricky fixture and then Sheffield United who will probably be a tricky one for him too. I couldn't ignore it and he's a rank killer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I've always hated that you only get 0.5m for every 1m a player rises in price, doesn't seem fair. 

I've just got him in for KDB so I can assure you he will have a stinker and KDB will explode

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've just got him in for KDB so I can assure you he will have a stinker and KDB will explode

My Fomometer will explode if Aguero starts. My problem becomes KDB or Aguero, because I can't have both without losing Salah or Bruno (and that ain't happening).

• Like 1

Yeah the number of postponements is going to make things insanely complicated. If any more games get arranged for GW19 then it's getting to the stage where anyone who has planned for it won't really be at much of an advantage. People will be able to fluke good scores anyway because so many teams are playing