Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

City will be desperate to play that game with us GW19 I would imagine with all their UCL and cup pile-up coming in Feb/March.

I don't know who I'd prefer to play as Newcastle also an option. Points expected in one fixture and not the other.

The problem is they all currently play twice over both weeks.  It's just for some it's zero followed by 2. City would need to play three times. (as would we). But you're right, there may be little other option. Either way, having seen the above, I've gone slightly towards a free hit in 18 and a wildcard in 19.  Not ideal but I can't be giving people a 50pt headstart either.

Not a great DGW spot IMO. Man City, Spurs, Everton, Villa only have one game and Liverpool play Man Utd. Leeds, West Ham and Leicester have the best fixtures and they are all home games.

Looks like it might be tough to set up for a BB and TC options look average. Free hit is looking the best, you can even rip your squad up the week before if you plan to wildcard after it too.

2 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Not a great DGW spot IMO. Man City, Spurs, Everton, Villa only have one game and Liverpool play Man Utd. Leeds, West Ham and Leicester have the best fixtures and they are all home games.

Looks like it might be tough to set up for a BB and TC options look average. Free hit is looking the best, you can even rip your squad up the week before if you plan to wildcard after it too.

I think what makes it a 'worst case scenario' is that it's a straight blank 18 into double 19 with identical fixtures, rather than the usual re-arrangements for later in the season.

For example, as it stands, using my team

Free hit GW 18, normal squad 19 = 11+18=29 players playing over the 2 weeks.
Normal 18, free hit 19 = 7+22=29 playing aswell
So it really is swings and roundabouts.

I'll probably FH 18 and then BB 19 because I hate that token and rarely have anything meaningful on the bench, so I'll build towards that using West Ham.

On 15/12/2020 at 16:39, BOF said:

The problem is they all currently play twice over both weeks.  It's just for some it's zero followed by 2. City would need to play three times. (as would we). But you're right, there may be little other option. Either way, having seen the above, I've gone slightly towards a free hit in 18 and a wildcard in 19.  Not ideal but I can't be giving people a 50pt headstart either.

The blank week later in the season to accomodate Cup games might be better for the free hit but yeah, hard to know how/when to chip this year. 

I like the look of the doubles to be honest.

I already have 9 players with a double and that will probably be 10 after my next transfer. When you consider I then have 4 players who are city/villa who may very well have another fixtures arranged for GW19 it's looking like minimal upheaval to get a BB team for that double.

I think for me it's going to be build a team to capitalise on the DGW and use the FH to get through BGW18

Finally that massive green arrow I've been waiting for. All this hard work has been worth it. Never give up guys. The corner can be turned. If I can inspire just one person.

6c30708f96a62ec14b4b0c5ece14e88d.png

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, BOF said:

It'll come. I was starting to doubt it too for a while.

I'm quite happy with my team as well. And have a non hit route to 13 players with a DGW by GW19 (with the two that don't have doubles being Son (vs SHU) and KDB)
So I"m quietly confident of a decent rise over the next couple of months

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

Read on twitter that Salah was on the bench so swapped captain to KDB. Pain.

I might have done the same. Thank the Lord McGrath I was Christmas shopping 

8 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Read on twitter that Salah was on the bench so swapped captain to KDB. Pain.

Yep did exactly the same thing. Captain was on Salah, saw the rumours, switched to KDB. 

Very annoyed. But on the plus side at least KDB got something and Salah wasn't high enough owned to hurt my rank.

A separate discussion, but I actually hate captains on the game. I'd be more than happy for them to get rid of them completely.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep did exactly the same thing. Captain was on Salah, saw the rumours, switched to KDB. 

Very annoyed. But on the plus side at least KDB got something and Salah wasn't high enough owned to hurt my rank.

A separate discussion, but I actually hate captains on the game. I'd be more than happy for them to get rid of them completely.

Completely agree on removing captains. Might be slightly biased by the fact that I never pick a good one. 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I did exactly the same.

It's almost like we've been punished for actually paying attention to team news. People would have set Salah as captain last week and forgotten about it all week, now sat with a huge haul. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I did exactly the same.

It's almost like we've been punished for actually paying attention to team news. People would have set Salah as captain last week and forgotten about it all week, now sat with a huge haul. 

Precisely what has happened in my work league. The guy at the top for the last three years has always been near the bottom but keeps flooking really lucky picks.