Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

7 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Worked my way up to 9 players this week; 5 are Villa & Spurs 😅

I took a -4 to get my squad sorted; if I play free hit now will the -4 be taken off?

Pretty certain it would be, same as with wildcards. But you could check in the rules section to make sure if worried. 

34 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Worked my way up to 9 players this week; 5 are Villa & Spurs 😅

I took a -4 to get my squad sorted; if I play free hit now will the -4 be taken off?

Yes it is. FH gives you back your points for this week's transfers. But it also brings those players into that FH meaning they're gone again for 19.

• Like 1

Me when the Burnley v United match was re-arranged for GW18, knowing I would have at least 11 players with a match and already one banked free transfer so I could use one transfer this week in advance as planning for next week, as well as use the two other free transfers next week for a loaded double GW19:

Rhyming Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

Me when our game vs Spurs gets postponed and I'm down to a 0-4-2-2 formation, forcing me to free hit (my Cup opponent is surely using that chip) and thus losing two of the three free transfers I had planned:

angry magic the gathering GIF

Edited by a-k
  • Haha 1

So now that Fulham have taken our place against Spurs what is everyone's plans for this week? I've got 6 players but one is Brewster so that's 5; 1 is Wood so realistically that's 4; leaving 3 City and Penandes. Really tempted by that FH now I lost Jack and Martinez, but not sure how useful it might be later in the season. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

So now that Fulham have taken our place against Spurs what is everyone's plans for this week? I've got 6 players but one is Brewster so that's 5; 1 is Wood so realistically that's 4; leaving 3 City and Penandes. Really tempted by that FH now I lost Jack and Martinez, but not sure how useful it might be later in the season. 

My free hit is activated. 

• Like 1

After those FA Cup draws, there's a decent chance GW 29 could be..

Palace v Utd

WBA v Everton

Fulham v Leeds

Brighton v Newcastle

You've got to think it's very likely is that'll end up being a catch-up week as well with teams playing whoever they haven't played yet.

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

After those FA Cup draws, there's a decent chance GW 29 could be..

Palace v Utd

WBA v Everton

Fulham v Leeds

Brighton v Newcastle

You've got to think it's very likely is that'll end up being a catch-up week as well with teams playing whoever they haven't played yet.

Yeah that's likely to be a big blank. It was why some people were advocating using the wildcard already to get through the blank this week as the FH would be more useful in GW29. but I couldn't bring myself to burn my second wildcard so soon.

I'm more likely to use it for the double in GW26 (I think) with half an eye on getting through GW29 with transfers

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah that's likely to be a big blank. It was why some people were advocating using the wildcard already to get through the blank this week as the FH would be more useful in GW29. but I couldn't bring myself to burn my second wildcard so soon.

I'm more likely to use it for the double in GW26 (I think) with half an eye on getting through GW29 with transfers

This is what I'm now planning to do. To many decent players with decent fixtures available this week to not FH and only have a few players. 

I've now got 4 very solid Captaincy picks for this week in Penandes, KDB, Son and Kane. Leaning towards Son as he was rested at the weekend and think he could punish Fulham. 

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Third time this season I save players and tactic and it's changed by the time in starts. Driving me livid. Had 352 with Saka. They took Saka out and put Brewster up top for a 343. **** utter bullshit.

I've never heard of this happen anyone else I don't think. Do you save using a 3rd party app?

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've never heard of this happen anyone else I don't think. Do you save using a 3rd party app?

No. Just FPL login in through google on an android phone. Definitely is something up, cause since I've experienced it before this season, I double checked when I made the changes last night. 

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've never heard of that happening either.

Are you sure you saved your team rather than just making the change and leaving it?

Yes. If I remember correctly it popped up green below 'changes has been saved'. And I also changed captains from Bruno F to Kane and that's registered, so it's definitely saved some of the changes.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara