Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've gone from having my two best defenders being the two of the best defenders in the best defence in the league, who both have double gameweeks in GW19, to them both being injured, potentially long term, in the space of a day.

Two pointless transfers I'll now have to make!

I assume you mean James and Chilwell? I don't think Chilwell looked too bad when he went off. A rest will hopefully fix him. Fingers crossed anyhoo.

19 minutes ago, BOF said:

I assume you mean James and Chilwell? I don't think Chilwell looked too bad when he went off. A rest will hopefully fix him. Fingers crossed anyhoo.

yup. Doubled up on the Chelsea defence. hadn't quite paid off yet but their underlying numbers are excellent. I was also in the position of having 10 decent playerrs already for the DGW19 and it included them.

Eagerly awaiting some injury news now

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

yup. Doubled up on the Chelsea defence. hadn't quite paid off yet but their underlying numbers are excellent.

Of course they finally get that clean sheet I've been waiting for without either of those two on the pitch.

This **** game man

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What teams got double gw coming up?

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1940868

Burnley WHU (A) LIV (A)
Chelsea FUL (A) LEI (A)
Fulham CHE (H) MUN (H)
Leeds BHA (H) SOU (H)
Leicester SOU (H) CHE (H)
Liverpool MUN (H) BUR (H)
Man Utd LIV (A) FUL (A)
Southampton LEI (A) LEE (A)
West Brom WOL (A) WHU (A)
West Ham BUR (H) WBA (H)

If you look on here it lists them for gw19, although this doesn't mention us or City and we've got to be fit in somewhere. 

Mods - hopefully this meets requirements, apologies if not, hard one to copy. 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Burnley WHU (A) LIV (A)
Chelsea FUL (A) LEI (A)
Fulham CHE (H) MUN (H)
Leeds BHA (H) SOU (H)
Man Utd LIV (A) FUL (A)
West Ham BUR (H) WBA (H)

If you look on here it lists them for gw19, although this doesn't mention us or City and we've got to be fit in somewhere. 

GW 26 now appears to be potentially another large double. The league cup final has been moved so outstanding fixtures will go there. That's most likely where Villa vs Man City will go.

My chip strategy will now be

FH GW18
BB GW19

Wildcard GW25
TC GW26

I think!

• Like 1

I'm truly atrocious at this.

I only check it once a month, but still, would've thought the players I selected would be scoring their share each week.

Played my wildcard this week, now it looks like this:

FPL.jpg

4 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I only check it once a month, but still, would've thought the players I selected would be scoring their share each week.

FPL.jpg

Why would you buy a long term injured player (Hamez) ? You've no Fernandes, no Liverpool cover in midfield, precious little City cover, Bale doesn't play and Maddison is streaky. Everton can't keep clean sheets and you've too much money tied up on your bench compromising your starting 11. But apart from that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Burnley WHU (A) LIV (A)
Chelsea FUL (A) LEI (A)
Fulham CHE (H) MUN (H)
Leeds BHA (H) SOU (H)
Man Utd LIV (A) FUL (A)
West Ham BUR (H) WBA (H)

@KenjiOgiwara the thing to bear in mind about the doubles in 19 is that they are blanks in 18, so it's not as simple as gaining an advantage by bringing someone in now who plays twice in 19, because you won't have them for 18.

@Rds1983 the above is fine. Once you provide an external link and an extract then job's a good 'un :thumb:

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

@KenjiOgiwara the thing to bear in mind about the doubles in 19 is that they are blanks in 18, so it's not as simple as gaining an advantage by bringing someone in now who plays twice in 19, because you won't have them for 18.

@Rds1983 the above is fine. Once you provide an external link and an extract then job's a good 'un :thumb:

Wasn't sure if the extract was good enough as it's just a table, cheers. 

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

Why would you buy a long term injured player (Hamez) ? You've no Fernandes, no Liverpool cover in midfield, precious little City cover, Bale doesn't play and Maddison is streaky. Everton can't keep clean sheets and you've too much money tied up on your bench compromising your starting 11. But apart from that.

James Rodriguez was on form day one. Never left. He's back on boxing day..

What is meant by cover?

Bale will play, that's why he's been left in there, but as I said, I go weeks if not months without checking and updating this.

Maddison, I rate highly, I don't watch Leicester but for 7 million, I figure he's a decent shout.

The logic with Pickford was Everton are a top half side, and he's relatively cheap.

The logic with money on the bench, was options each week, as when I started, I planned to adjust this weekly, according to fixtures and form.

Any advice, is most welcome.

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

James Rodriguez was on form day one. Never left. He's back on boxing day..

What is meant by cover?

Bale will play, that's why he's been left in there, but as I said, I go weeks if not months without checking and updating this.

Maddison, I rate highly, I don't watch Leicester but for 7 million, I figure he's a decent shout.

The logic with Pickford was Everton are a top half side, and he's relatively cheap.

The logic with money on the bench, was options each week, as when I started, I planned to adjust this weekly, according to fixtures and form.

Any advice, is most welcome.

I thought you said you had just now done a wildcard, so I was commenting on that basis.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BOF said:

So if I get this right I should get in a bunch of players from a team in round 19 that plays twice, but not make the change until round 18 is finished? 

So essentially one of the teams listed in that table I should do a WC or free hit on, so I can get in 6 players that will play twice? 

Sorry I'm still a moron at this game. 

19 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So if I get this right I should get in a bunch of players from a team in round 19 that plays twice, but not make the change until round 18 is finished? 

So essentially one of the teams listed in that table I should do a WC or free hit on, so I can get in 6 players that will play twice? 

Sorry I'm still a moron at this game. 

No you're fine, it's a very weird situation. Basically the only easy way to get an advantage from gameweek 19 without wrecking your existing squad or negating it all by blanking equally in 18 is either to

i) build a squad that plays in 18 and then wildcard in 19 (not recommended as it's a cheap use of a wildcard)
ii) build a squad that plays twice in 19 and use your free hit token in 18.

If you build a fully playing squad for 19 including bench then you can use your bench boost token in 19 too and potentially have 32 players playing that gameweek (15x2 + captain x2). But obviously that's very difficult to do in the interim.

With the news that 26 is going to be a potentially big double gameweek, I'm holding off my bench boost until then. I'm just going to build towards 19, free hit in 18 and see how the cards fall.

Also, don't overplay gameweek 19.  It's only one week. If you wreck your squad in gameweek 15,16,17 and then on into 20 and beyond, just to have a good GW 19 then that makes no sense at all.  And you'd be surprised how many people overfocus on a double week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

FPL.jpg

Some advice. Bale is nearly the same price as Son and he hasn't played a single full 90 minutes this season. He is tying up a fortune and from an FPL perspective is a horrible player to own. Jesus is a poor compromise on better City assets, another fortune tied up. Firmino is a poor compromise on better Liverpool assets (Salah, Mane) but is probably necessitated because of the money spent elsewhere. Coady is too expensive to be a 3rd sub. You have 2 playing goalkeepers which is probably the least of your worries but, again, is not ideal w.r.t. money distribution. Too much money on your bench. You don't have a budget midfielder or a budget striker, meaning you are having to compromise on who you do have.  I think you need to use your money more wisely. Don't fill the team with compromises. Go for the premium assets you want (from Salah, Fernandes, KDB, Sterling, Kane, Vardy, Son, Robertson, Trent) and then move to the less important players and end up with bench players.  If you fill your team with 7 and 7.5m player you'll end up with a mediocre squad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Some advice. Bale is nearly the same price as Son and he hasn't played a single full 90 minutes this season. He is tying up a fortune and from an FPL perspective is a horrible player to own. Jesus is a poor compromise on better City assets, another fortune tied up. Firmino is a poor compromise on better Liverpool assets (Salah, Mane) but is probably necessitated because of the money spent elsewhere. Coady is too expensive to be a 3rd sub. You have 2 playing goalkeepers which is probably the least of your worries but, again, is not ideal w.r.t. money distribution. Too much money on your bench. You don't have a budget midfielder or a budget striker, meaning you are having to compromise on who you do have.  I think you need to use your money more wisely. Don't fill the team with compromises. Go for the premium assets you want (from Salah, Fernandes, KDB, Sterling, Kane, Vardy, Son, Robertson, Trent) and then move to the less important players and end up with bench players.  If you fill your team with 7 and 7.5m player you'll end up with a mediocre squad.

Thanks, I agree, to some extent. I will definitely take some of that advice and use it.

I do have a budget forward, Watkins, and he is kicking goals, and will continue to, I think.

The thinking with the 7 million pound midfielders was that a few of them this season would put up numbers like Grealish has.

Examples of those players would be; Mount, Maddison, Adama Traore etc.

I do see where you are coming though.

Edited by A'Villan

I haven't checked the prices, but I'm guessing you could swap Pickford, Bale, Jesus and Firmino for Martinez, Fernandes, DCL and Bamford right now and your team would be ten times better

Also don't captain Firmino. If you don't check it that often then just leave the captaincy on Bruno Fernandes 

Edited by Stevo985