Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

I had a plan in action for the BGW18 & DGW19, they've now been slightly thrown out by the two extra fixtures.

May just go with it anyway and hope for the best.

I was always going to FH in 18 and had built up about 11 players for GW 19 already. I suspected that Villa and Man City would be added as we've both got lots of games to catch up on and I already had 2 players from each club so that works. Very tempted to pick up another United player (just Fernandes now), considering swapping Salah for Rashford to free up some funds and improve elsewhere. 

I'll be honest. I ran up for my laptop and added the new fixtures to see if it would change my tactics in any meaningful way.  It doesn't change me free-hitting in 18. It can't. I'm decimated in 18 because I planned to be. But what it does is expedite me getting KDB back in sooner for 19. Up to now 19 was Son @ SHE versus KDB @ Cry, but adding Villa to KDB tips the balance. Other than that, I can't see any other changes.  It might infuence my GW17 transfer if it improves their 19 prospects but other than that, no, it's as you were. Snogs all. I'm on the way to Irish happy ;);)

19 hours ago, maqroll said:

There are 8 teams in the draft fantasy league. 4 of them dont log in and one of them drafted all the Villa players. Not enjoying it so much.

Draft FPL is absolutely rubbish to be quite honest

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I'll be honest. I ran up for my laptop and added the new fixtures to see if it would change my tactics in any meaningful way.  It doesn't change me free-hitting in 18. It can't. I'm decimated in 18 because I planned to be. But what it does is expedite me getting KDB back in sooner for 19. Up to now 19 was Son @ SHE versus KDB @ Cry, but adding Villa to KDB tips the balance. Other than that, I can't see any other changes.  It might infuence my GW17 transfer if it improves their 19 prospects but other than that, no, it's as you were. Snogs all. I'm on the way to Irish happy ;);)

It hasn't changed my approach (except for signing a Man City defender instead of a west ham defender and I might get KDB back for a hit) but it has annoyed me.

It's now very easy for people who haven't planned for these weeks to just fluke a good team. And people who have put effort into planning will be no better off. 

I'll now have 14 players with a double in 19 so it makes my BB massive, but also gives other teams BB opportunities who otherwise wouldn't have planned for it.

• Like 1

Despite being on 52 points this week I'm not too happy with how it's playing out.

Vardy and KDB are yet to come and not in my team; the Burnley game being off means a lot of players have Soucek coming off the bench. Unfortunately I have him on my bench but he won't be coming on.

Really need a Robertson and Salah haul today!

21 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Despite being on 52 points this week I'm not too happy with how it's playing out.

Vardy and KDB are yet to come and not in my team; the Burnley game being off means a lot of players have Soucek coming off the bench. Unfortunately I have him on my bench but he won't be coming on.

Really need a Robertson and Salah haul today!

If Salah is not your captain then you may not want a haul. He's highly captained. I'm praying Cancelo doesn't play because I have Cresswell 1st sub on 11.

21 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Also what's everyone's plan for the BGW18?

I've been planning for a free hit, but I could now get 8 players available and I'm tempted to hold onto it...

I'm the same. I'm completely undecided. It would no doubt be pain, but gw29 could be as sweet as a nut. I'll leave it til the last minute. The possibility of covid cancellations will factor in too. If there's a chance of covid messing up everyone's 18 then I'll be even more inclined to hold. 

• Like 1

After Friday I thought I was having a great week but yesterday was horrible. I mean I had players who scored points, including Son, but the amount of people who have spurs captains means I plummeted. 

I’ve got Salah as captain so hopefully he cements a nice green arrow for me

It's been one of those weekends, currently on 55 with Trent and Salah to play but could've been so much better. 

Cresswell 11 points bench, Maupay 7 points bench and then what looked to be easy clean sheets from Stones and Justin ended up with just 2 and 1 respectively. 

• Like 1

On 31/12/2020 at 19:23, Stevo985 said:

Draft FPL is absolutely rubbish to be quite honest

It’s great if everyone in the league plays actively. I play with friends on a different site to FPL though with a custom scoring system that rewards defensive midfielders slightly more. Also I can’t really knock the VT league on the official FPL draft site as I’m currently top of it :lol:

Only problem is when you play normal FPL as well you keep having conflicts of interest. 

6 minutes ago, chappy said:

It’s great if everyone in the league plays actively. I play with friends on a different site to FPL though with a custom scoring system that rewards defensive midfielders slightly more. Also I can’t really knock the VT league on the official FPL draft site as I’m currently top of it :lol:

Only problem is when you play normal FPL as well you keep having conflicts of interest. 

Each to their own. It's never really done it for me

Shit week for me. Started brilliantly.

And of course all my midfielders performed except for my captain (salah) who blanked. For the third week in a row. The third week in a row I've captained him.

I challenge anyone to have a worse captain picking record than me. My last 5 captains:

2, 5, 2, 3, 2

Bruno, KDB, Salah, Salah, Salah

One assist in 5 weeks for my captain. Awful

On 31/12/2020 at 14:42, maqroll said:

So those teams players score twice?

No-one answered this. The answer is yes, they get a double week. A sweet double week :)

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Shit week for me. Started brilliantly.

This seems to be the general concensus.  Big hitters start with a bang for everyone, and then it all goes Pele's willy.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

And of course all my midfielders performed except for my captain (salah) who blanked. For the third week in a row. The third week in a row I've captained him.

I challenge anyone to have a worse captain picking record than me. My last 5 captains:

2, 5, 2, 3, 2

Bruno, KDB, Salah, Salah, Salah

One assist in 5 weeks for my captain. Awful

That is painful. That's actually quite difficult to do when you keep picking premiums too.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

This seems to be the general concensus.  Big hitters start with a bang for everyone, and then it all goes Pele's willy.

Yeah the difference was that most people had a captain who delivered something :(

Plus my plan all along was to get Creswell this week but at the last second I changed and got Cancelo. So Creswell's 11 points coupled with Cancelo's clean sheet getting wiped out with the last kick of the game really hurt.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

That is painful. That's actually quite difficult to do when you keep picking premiums too.

It's extraordinary.

My friends and I started a joke last season that my captain picks were cursed because I had some bad luck. This season it's just ridiculous. They're actively choosing their captains based on players I don't pick, and it works! It's hard to stick to the belief that curses aren't real :D 

I've had one double digit return from a captain this season (before it's doubled). That was gameweek 5 (Kane vs West Ham for 16 points).
I'm averaging exactly 5 points a week from my captain. When you consider it's mostly cycled between Salah, bruno and KDB that's not great!

• Haha 1