Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

He's having a monster season. 11g 10a in the league right now is mad. 

He'd be on for a 38G 38A season if he finished the moves some Villa fans think he should.

Underperforming imo.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can we all accept he is a top Premier league player now? As in a top 4 striker ?

He has been for the last 2 years

• Like 4

When it comes to the England conversation I'd love to know what fans of other clubs think of him cos putting the stats to one side he's so honest and genuine I don't see how anyone could dislike him, you can say his finishing isn't as good as Harry Kanes which is obvious but after that I'm struggling to see why anyone wouldn't want him as back up

That said seeing as Southgate is ultra defensive I'm also struggling to see why he doesn't want the best pressing striker in the PL as back up 

I love the guy with the C&B specs on but if I wasn't a Villa fan how could you not at least like the guy 

1 hour ago, DJBOB said:

Actually somewhat remarkable he's the first to 10/10 in domestic league. Incredible work.

What's the actual stats cos I've seen something else from tonight saying salah leads the league in goal contributions with 22, ollie might have caught him 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

When it comes to the England conversation I'd love to know what fans of other clubs think of him cos putting the stats to one side he's so honest and genuine I don't see how anyone could dislike him, you can say his finishing isn't as good as Harry Kanes which is obvious but after that I'm struggling to see why anyone wouldn't want him as back up

That said seeing as Southgate is ultra defensive I'm also struggling to see why he doesn't want the best pressing striker in the PL as back up 

I love the guy with the C&B specs on but if I wasn't a Villa fan how could you not at least like the guy 

From my experience of mates that support other clubs they all thing he’s a top striker and worry about him when their teams play us.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What's the actual stats cos I've seen something else from tonight saying salah leads the league in goal contributions with 22, ollie might have caught him 

Ollie is at 21 right now so still trailing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

When's the last Villa player with double digit goals and assists?

Young mk 1?

Edit: Yorke 95-96 seems like

Milner before we sold him must have been close. I think he had 9 goals and 13 assists as I remember it. Or the other way round.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He'd be on for a 38G 38A season if he finished the moves some Villa fans think he should.

Underperforming imo.

Actually I think there is more to come, and that isn’t a negative, I just don’t think we’ve seen his best yet this season.

Hopefully we are now entering a hot streak. He does such a job up top, I think this is where some of Duran’s frustration arises from because Ollie sets such high standards in so many metrics, he’s hard to dislodge from our side even if he hasn’t scored in a few matches.

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

When's the last Villa player with double digit goals and assists?

Young mk 1?

Edit: Yorke 95-96 seems like

According to Transfer Market, the last to do it in the league at least was Agbonlahor in 08-09. 11 goals and 10 assists. 

Young and Milner both got within a couple of doing it but never managed it.

Â