Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Not unless he signs a new deal, only got two years left.

Yeah. £70m please.

Don't want to pay? He stays. 

Very very valuable player. Never injured, works his balls off, still likely to improve.

• Like 1

I had no second thoughts previously, but is anyone slightly nervy about the Ollie situation?

I legit think he is one of those players fans would realise was crucial after he left.

Was unplayable during our purple patch this season, I'd love to see howamy points he's actually gotten us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah. £70m please.

Don't want to pay? He stays. 

Very very valuable player. Never injured, works his balls off, still likely to improve.

Yeah? Then what? He runs his contract down and leaves for nothing?

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I had no second thoughts previously, but is anyone slightly nervy about the Ollie situation?

I legit think he is one of those players fans would realise was crucial after he left.

Was unplayable during our purple patch this season, I'd love to see howamy points he's actually gotten us.

I think Mings, Martinez and Watkins are crucial to us....We would certainly notice when they are missing.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Mings, Martinez and Watkins are crucial to us....We would certainly notice when they are missing.

After Martinez I think Kamara is the next most crucial player imo.

Just now, nick76 said:

I get that Nick....but we still faired ok ish, when he was out injured.....I think we would have struggled with any of those 3 out.

I am not necessarily valuing the players per se.....just valuing their absence.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

I get that Nick....but we still faired ok ish, when he was out injured.....I think we would have struggled with any of those 3 out.

I am not necessarily valuing the players per se.....just valuing their absence.

We would definitely have missed Ollie last season - because we had no other "strikers" who could have scored goals and led the line.  I think we would miss him less next season because we will have other options who can cover (to an extent) his absence.  That said - I'd still prefer to have him than not have him.

Edited by allani

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Martinez then Mings for me  followed by McGinn and Ollie. Kamara will be higher up that list if he plays a full season.

Ollie would not suit Manure, that's for sure. He's not clinical enough for them and they would turn on him when they lose games.

If they bid between £80 and £100m and Ollie ain't up for the villa project then off he goes. Tammy for £26m, before his injury,  would have been a superb replacement. UTV 

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Martinez then Mings for me  followed by McGinn and Ollie. Kamara will be higher up that list if he plays a full season

Off topic: Luiz has been criminally overlooked here.

On topic: I'd rather Ollie stayed, he's improved as much as anyone under Emery, but if he doesn't want to stay/re-sign then I'd trust we could replace him.

I bet he'd be immediately in the England squad if he moved...

The point with 2 years left on his contract is that United can't wait 2 years for their striker.

2 years is fine for commanding the fee we want. He's also not the kind of player to kick up a fuss if we reject a 50m bid because we deem it too low.

I imagine the contract we're offering him is commensurate with a player valued at over 70m, so he can't argue that angle either.

If he leaves this window, it's for a huge fee. But I don't think he will be so kind of a moot point. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

These kind of stories are common during contract negotiations, so am less concerned about the rumours right now. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

As much as I think there are better footballers at the club I'd say Ollie is probably our most important player behind Martinez & there is a argument to say ollie is our most important player fullstop. Reason being he is one of very few strikers that gets into double figures every season he has played for us, his work rate is probably the best in the Premier league, hardly ever injured, I'd go as far to say he is priceless to us, because where & how much would you have to pay for another Ollie Watkins, strikers are at a premium these days, so hard to find specially with Ollie's numbers. Strikers with better numbers than him will go for close to £100 million & those strikers wouldn't be on our radar at this moment in time. You could take a punt on a striker from overseas but its a risk. So that's my point regards him probably being our most valuable player as he has guaranteed us goals in his 3 season with us & you'd bet he'd get the same amount again next season, goals wins you games as they say.

• Like 2

Come on Ollie, go and beat Gabby’s record and become our leading/record PL goal scorer. Much more suited and fitting for that status…

He’s only going to get better under Unai.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Off topic: Luiz has been criminally overlooked here.

On topic: I'd rather Ollie stayed, he's improved as much as anyone under Emery, but if he doesn't want to stay/re-sign then I'd trust we could replace him.

I bet he'd be immediately in the England squad if he moved...

If United come in for him.....you can safely say, its hard to replace players like Ollie.

If United can't find strikers, its going to be tough for us too.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, TRO said:

If United come in for him.....you can safely say, its hard to replace players like Ollie.

If United can find strikers, its going to be tough for us too.

Yep, without wanting to sound like I'm knocking him if utd come in for Ollie at £50m+ that's an indication of what the striker market is right now rather than what Ollie is

He would be very hard to replace, even if you got a 15 goal striker you might not get the energy and the press

I genuinely don't think we'd get a striker with a higher work rate

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He’s on £100k per week mate at Leeds…

Ouch!.............but I guess any player of the calibre, we want, will be at least or want to be.

Edited by TRO

Â