Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets Just agree to disagree  mate. No hard feelings from my part 👌

Lol I never took any of it personally. Just a standard lovers quarrel. However, as I'm much too stubborn for that... if you acknowledge he did go over and physically celebrate with his teammates against Leeds and I'll give you that there are times when his celebrations seem half-hearted.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Maybe hes going through a life event outside of football, goals might not seem that important under certain circumstances. He's a good player , he's proven that, we just need to keep faith with him  . We have Ings who should be able to take some pressure of him. 

Like having a child or something else? 

• Like 1

Anyone see his clapping at the holte end at the end. I want to say it was sarcastic but that might not be the right word and I dont know his intention. But he never comes that close to the six yard box in the clapping the fans after, even after we win or he scores. He had a lot of people in the lower holte shouting abuse back at him which didn't help.

Also while we're on not helping, the bellends booing and sarcastically cheering douglas Luiz, honestly what's the point.

4 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Anyone see his clapping at the holte end at the end. I want to say it was sarcastic but that might not be the right word and I dont know his intention. But he never comes that close to the six yard box in the clapping the fans after, even after we win or he scores. He had a lot of people in the lower holte shouting abuse back at him which didn't help.

Also while we're on not helping, the bellends booing and sarcastically cheering douglas Luiz, honestly what's the point.

Probably got some abuse shouted at him which is what prompted the sarcastic clapping. If that’s what it was.

16 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Probably got some abuse shouted at him which is what prompted the sarcastic clapping. If that’s what it was.

As bad as the vocal 10% that do this are, he as a professional should rise above it

Edited by gwi1890

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

As bad as the vocal 10% that do this, he as a professional should rise above it

He’s also a human and he’s probably been hearing it for weeks now. It’s not like he ran into the stands like Dier. Do you think Gerrard was unprofessional in sticking his tongue out towards Everton fans?

12 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I thought fair play to him for walking straight over the the Holte and clapping the fans. It wasn’t sarcastic and I think he was trying to do a good thing, he was the first of the players over. But then some idiots apparently gave him abuse(I haven’t seen it myself but heard about it). He might not be in the best form this season but doesn’t deserve that crap. I’ve heard that a fan had a go at Mings as well, what did he do wrong??

Things aren’t great but when did making the players feel like s**t ever help?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

He’s also a human and he’s probably been hearing it for weeks now. It’s not like he ran into the stands like Dier. Do you think Gerrard was unprofessional in sticking his tongue out towards Everton fans?

True and I get that yes but it doesn’t help the situation between players and fans does it? I don’t like people hurling abuse at our own players but at the end of the day people have payed hard earned money to get into the ground. Maybe it wasn’t sarcastic clapping and it was genuine , and a nothing story.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

What's happened to the Watkins of old. Surely he wasn't that reliant on Grealish was he? 

Yes Grealish created all the time and space for him, he held onto the ball and didn’t play early throughballs in behind the type of balls, Ings thrives on like the chance that hit the post today and the goal vs Brentford,  Grealish took it wide held on to it dribble across into the penalty area and struck it across the box for Ollie’s customary far post tap in. 

Â