Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly. If people think we are looking too much into it let them. But three goals and he isnt happy with not one of them. Look at how the other players are responding arms up and happy.

This isnt normal, it wouldnt suprise me if one of the team made him join the celebrations or someone from the coaching staff. He looks so  uninterested.

Even McGinn was having a go at him for when he kept losing the ball cheaply in the game and you didnt see any passion or urgency for him to win the ball back. 

Preece has even eluded to something is not right with ollie. So its not us looking for a conspiracy theory.

What did Preece say about him?

Edited by Tom13

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Watkins is a good player, he'll have many seasons on the Premier League as a mid table CF doing lots of work and doing well enough. 

He'll never be anywhere near the level we need to push in for regularly competing for Europe. Archer steps up or we need to sign a new forward to push us on.

Nothing against Ollie, he's just not a goal scorer. We need a goalscorer in this position. 

That’s why I said sell with big money while you can. His price will keep going down.

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

Whether or not he did or not is not the issue. If the poster truly believes it, then you can argue they are factually incorrect in that opinion. There’s no need to use insults to say you believe they are wrong in their belief. And that’s my final post on this, life’s just too damn short to waste on these kind of semantics.

Wtf are you talking about? It is the issue! He said what I quoted. He posted something as fact and when confronted with evidence that he was wrong he chose to ignore it and instead called me a troll. You want to defend people from insults, are you going to defend me from him calling me a troll?.. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills talking to some of you. Had he said something along the lines of "He looked miserable going to celebrate with his teammates" then yes, he would've shared an opinion and this conversation never would've happened. But he didn't and you know he didn't yet you bizarrely remain obtuse to the truth. Hell, all @Demitri_C had to do was say "Yeah, I was wrong. He did go celebrate with his teammates against Leeds. I don't think his celebrations were truthful though" and voila! the conversation also ends right there. He lied. We all do. It's not that big of a deal. But it became one by his actions afterward. I'm simply fighting against a false narrative that seems to be forming about Watkins. Debate his misery level all you want but he goes to "celebrate" with his teammates after they score. That part is not up for debate.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Wtf are you talking about? It is the issue! He said what I quoted. He posted something as fact and when confronted with evidence that he was wrong he chose to ignore it and instead called me a troll. You want to defend people from insults, are you going to defend me from him calling me a troll?.. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills talking to some of you. Had he said something along the lines of "He looked miserable going to celebrate with his teammates" then yes, he would've shared an opinion and this conversation never would've happened. But he didn't and you know he didn't yet you bizarrely remain obtuse to the truth. Hell, all @Demitri_C had to do was say "Yeah, I was wrong. He did go celebrate with his teammates against Leeds. I don't think his celebrations were truthful though" and voila! the conversation also ends right there. He lied. We all do. It's not that big of a deal. But it became one by his actions afterward. I'm simply fighting against a false narrative that seems to be forming about Watkins. Debate his misery level all you want but he goes to "celebrate" with his teammates after they score. That part is not up for debate.

He actually said:

"He wouldnt even go celebrate with his team mates vs leeds"

While he did join them eventually, he never looks chuffed when we score and it always seems a bit of a necessity when he does celebrate.

Anyway, what Demitri said may not be factually correct, as he did join eventually, but we all knew what he meant. Calling him a liar is extreme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

He actually said:

"He wouldnt even go celebrate with his team mates vs leeds"

While he did join them eventually, he never looks chuffed when we score and it always seems a bit of a necessity when he does celebrate.

Anyway, what Demitri said may not be factually correct, as he did join eventually, but we all knew what he meant. Calling him a liar is extreme.

I know that's what he said. I posted it in my last reply but calling him a liar is really not that extreme. I'm not using a slur to describe the guy. It's a simple lie. Just say you are wrong and be done with it. It's not that big of deal but as I've said though, I would never have launched into this tirade had he spoken more accurately instead of doubling down and calling me a troll and whatnot. I would also argue though that not everyone knew what he meant. As a blanket statement of "he wouldn't even go celebrate..." he's literally stating he didn't physically go over to them. It's not really an open interpretation kind of thing. How he celebrated though or how unhappy he looks? Have at it. That's a valid debate.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I can’t see I’ve ever noticed what he does when we score. But I cant say I give a shit either ! 

But just to see what all the fuss is about I’m going to have a look.

edit: just watched it. The bastard!! 😂 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok on a serious note. First goal he has a big grin on his face and is first one to congratulate Coutinho. Second goal didn’t see him. Third goal he goes over and taps Ramsey on the head. 

What the hell are you lot going on about??

Someone claiming Watkins didn’t go celebrate with his teammates against Leeds has devolved into an argument over the use of the word liar, lol.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Oh God can we win a game and can he score a hat-trick so we don't have to read this shit, please? 

Depends if he does a front handspring into a cartwheel with a big smile to celebrate Matty Cash winning a corner or not.

• Haha 1

Maybe hes going through a life event outside of football, goals might not seem that important under certain circumstances. He's a good player , he's proven that, we just need to keep faith with him  . We have Ings who should be able to take some pressure of him. 

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Maybe hes going through a life event outside of football

If that was the case then I would’ve thought the club would’ve helped him out and took him out of the fire of playing.  We have options so it’s not as if he’s the only solution so I’m not convinced of this theory especially as it’s impacting his on the field play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Someone claiming Watkins didn’t go celebrate with his teammates against Leeds has devolved into an argument over the use of the word liar, lol.

Lets Just agree to disagree  mate. No hard feelings from my part 👌

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Watkins is a good player, he'll have many seasons on the Premier League as a mid table CF doing lots of work and doing well enough. 

He'll never be anywhere near the level we need to push in for regularly competing for Europe. Archer steps up or we need to sign a new forward to push us on.

Nothing against Ollie, he's just not a goal scorer. We need a goalscorer in this position. 

sadly, beginning to think the same....something is clearly not right.

• Like 1

Â