Academy General Topic

smetrov

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

What's happened with Cowans going then?

I thought he meant on the playing side, I think obviously Cowans leaving has had an adverse effect on the academy. He had been there for a long time and was loved from top to bottom at the football club but people move on to pastures new all the time, it's life

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought he meant on the playing side, I think obviously Cowans leaving has had an adverse effect on the academy. He had been there for a long time and was loved from top to bottom at the football club but people move on to pastures new all the time, it's life

Any idea why he went?

Watched the U23's tonight and have to say there wasn't a player amongst them who grabbed the attention and made me think there's anyone knocking down the door of the manager for first team football. The Academy needs a bit of time I think to get back to where it's been in the past.

• Like 2

Gary Shaw, Gareth Barry etc all had balanced teams to come in to.

We are only just starting to sort out the first team,its too early yet to be chaperoning players, we need every available MAN in the first team to gain points.

Its a scrap/battle in this league....I don't see any of those warrior like qualities in our U23's

• Like 1

If I was a young player at our club right now, outside of the normal training I would be working day and night on my physical strength and upper body.

SB has already mentioned his view on it.....that amongst all the other essential things he will be looking for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

If I was a young player at our club right now, outside of the normal training I would be working day and night on my physical strength and upper body.

SB has already mentioned his view on it.....that amongst all the other essential things he will be looking for.

Whilst I agree to an to an extent, the player can't over do it ala Gabby under Houllier 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

U18s are playing Southampton tomorrow at Bodymoor Heath (11am kick off), I'm hoping to go with Noel, I will do a report if I go with him, I've rang him, there was no response and I left a voicemail :)

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

Â