Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Ben Young has just put us 1−0 up from the penalty spot  against Crystal Palace, 11:00 kick off, just over thirty minutes left play.

Frankie Ealing now been sent off for a second yellow card.

But Raikhy has just scored to make it 2−0.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a safeguarding disaster anyway - there are hundreds of Villa fans who get their information on the U23 and U18 teams by following individual players on Instagram. If I want to know how our players are playing,, I also end up finding out what their girlfriends look like, what cars they drive, what they listen to and whereabouts they live, some of those players are 16 and 17 - it's horrific from a safeguarding point of view - but it's the only way to get news on some of these platers.

We had a home U23 game yesterday and our entire output was three tweets - here are the teams, half time and full time. Other clubs are providing free live TV coverage and those that aren't are tweeting match coverages - we have a match centre on official website, but whether or not it operates for U23 games is an entirely random thing and considering the amount of money we're investing in getting this right, it's almost bizarre.

We're spending a lot of money producing exciting youth teams and then we're hiding them.

It doesn't even have to be free! I paid £3 to Crystal Palace to watch our game with them throught their website, and I consider that completely reasonable, especially since they also provided a commentator and summariser. I'd happily pay even £5 each time if it were done that well to be honest.

But yeah, even Stoke just having a cameraman and putting it on YT is still far ahead of where we are.

• Like 1

Jaden Philogene-Bidace reminds me of Ashley young in his style of play

Top Talents in our youth team:

1) Lamare Bogarde
2) Carney Chukwuemeka
3) Benjamin Chrisene
4) Louie Barry
5) Jaden Philogene-Bidace
6) Aaron Ramsey

14 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I read the other day that it will be easier to sign youth players from America moving forward. Man City have already lined someone up. We need to get in to this market ASAP and not get left behind 

In fairness, we must already have a connection over there somewhere, we picked Vassilev up as a US youth international.

• Like 1

From Birmingham Live

Aston Villa have put forward exciting new plans to build an impressive state-of-the-art inner city football academy just 500 yards from Villa Park. 

The project consists of two sites either side of the River Tame between Witton Railway Station, Witton Road - where it meets Brookvale Road - and Tame Road in Aston. The current site is used by match-day staff as a car park with plans in place to build a new staff car park via a slip road opposite Nobel Way - just yards from Witton Railway Station.

Today's planning document adds: "The new youth academy is a facility that will be available by invitation to young players in the city who are selected as part of the club’s academy programme. By providing the facility in the shadow of the main stadium, and also in an urban location that is easily accessible on foot, cycle and by public transport, there is a greater opportunity for those young people who may not have access or the support to travel the 12km to the Bodymoor Heath training ground facility.

Edited by NeilS

That's a brilliant scheme - Villa play a role in the local community by hosting various schools leagues in the building behind the North Stand - this is a better version of that, with more focus on picking out talent and makes room for some potential redevelopment behind the North Stand.

EDIT: I've given it it's own thread.

Brilliant news - Reading are looking to put tomorrow night's Youth Cup game live for free on Youtube!

They've a preview here: 

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2020/december/-preview--u18s-begin-youth-cup-campaign-with-tough-villa-challenge/

While our side have made some great progress in the Youth Cup in recent seasons, it is Villa who can point to the silverware.

I really hope we'll go strong for this one and I'm expecting to see Chukwuemeka, Bogarde, Barry and some of the others that have stepped up to the U23's already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I get the feeling from reading the preview to this game on the official site that it will be just those that have been playing for the U18s that will be involved.

Also the U23s are playing on Sunday as well.

I'll be really disappointed if we don't put out our strongest team for this - we've got a real chance this year to do well in what is the most important youth competition in the country - the U23 league is much less important - it'll be a real shame.

• Like 1

Would make sense to me play our strongest possible team of players under eighteen tonight, and then on Sunday give a chance at an higher level to some of the U18s that have been performing well, we could still play with a midfield three of Sylla, Jacob Ramsey and Raikhy, and those three are actually older than the usual U23 midfielders, same with Young, he's older than Barry.

• Like 1

Â