Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

U18s just lost to 3-0 to Fulham.

Official site didn't keep the score updated during the game or give out line-ups like they normally do, but according to soccerway a player called Junior Nkwonta came off the bench for us, was previously at Man Utd.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, useless said:

U18s just lost to 3-0 to Fulham.

Official site didn't keep the score updated during the game or give out line-ups like they normally do, but according to soccerway a player called Junior Nkwonta came off the bench for us, was previously at Man Utd.

According to soccerway, a player called Josh Whaite a midfielder played for us, a new name on me

For the previous five games the official site have had a 'match centre' page which keeps the score, line-ups, and stats update throughout the match, but for some reason they didn't do that today.

Hopefully streaming games is something that they're at least considering, the U23 game against Wolves on their youtube channel had more than 50,000 views the last time I looked, so that shows that there's an audience for it.

• Like 1

I googled Josh Whaite and he's apparenty previously played for Stoke.

Although, probably worth pointing out that socerway aren't always 100% reliable, have known them to make mistakes with line-ups in the past, but we'll see.

Edit: Just looked on flashscore and they have Bradley Young in the starting line-up rather than Whaite, and where soccerway have Nkwonta coming on for Reddin, they have 'Trialist' coming on for him.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I googled Josh Whaite and he's apparenty previously played for Stoke.

Although, probably worth pointing out that socerway aren't always 100% reliable, have known them to make mistakes with line-ups in the past, but we'll see.

You have great knowledge of the youth team, do you go to the youth team matches?

No I don't go to the matches, have just been following online what's going on at that level a bit more recently. As mentioned above would be nice if the club provided streams for the games, at least at U23 level.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our Premier League Cup game is tomorrow, but I'm not sure who we're playing against.

Normally there's an U18 version and a U16 version, but this season because of covid both of those have been cancelled in favour of just one U17 tournament, so will be interesting to see what kind of team we put out, I imagine it will be predominately U18 players and maybe a few U16s as well, a number of our U23s still qualify, but with them having a game on Friday not sure if they will be used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our u17s are playing Wolves u17s in the Premier League Cup on Wednesday 20 January at 7pm away at the Sir Jack Hayward training ground. I found this information on Wolves official site

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's poor that we have to use other teams websites and the personal social media of children to find out what our club is scheduling.

The media can’t give too much away because of the player’s ages

Lamare Bogarde scored and got an assist, and Taylor Jay-Hart scored two as well, don't know who scored the fourth, hopefully the official site provide a match report, would be nice to see what the line-up was, I know that as well as those already mentioned, Shakpoke and Ted Rowe also played.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Â