Johan Lange

hippo

6 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Considering the history between Gerrard and Purslow, who's he going to speak up to? They will simply back each other. Should he go to the owners in that case? Resign maybe? I don't know.

I've thought to myself has Lange been strong enough in this situation? But I'm not sure he's been left many options either way.

I agree not everything is on Gerrard, and we have to be careful not to scapegoat him for every problem we now face. We've a big re-build ahead of us I think, and the more I think about it the more apparent it becomes that Purslow needs to be taking a good portion of the blame.

I hate the word, but we need a 'reset'. We need to set ourselves out a clear philosophy again, on and off the pitch, and we need to make sure the sporting director is allowed to do his job correctly and that everyone is moving in the same direction.

I wouldn't get carried away, we were okay with DS, we will be okay with a new manager, if, it's the right appointment. 

We are at a low at the moment because of Gerrard's incompetence to do the job,, if we were winning games, the back room big boys would not get a mention.

13 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Considering the history between Gerrard and Purslow, who's he going to speak up to? They will simply back each other. Should he go to the owners in that case? Resign maybe? I don't know.

I've thought to myself has Lange been strong enough in this situation? But I'm not sure he's been left many options either way.

I agree not everything is on Gerrard, and we have to be careful not to scapegoat him for every problem we now face. We've a big re-build ahead of us I think, and the more I think about it the more apparent it becomes that Purslow needs to be taking a good portion of the blame.

I hate the word, but we need a 'reset'. We need to set ourselves out a clear philosophy again, on and off the pitch, and we need to make sure the sporting director is allowed to do his job correctly and that everyone is moving in the same direction.

Well, Scott Parker, spoke up.

I have been surprised, when I have seen some good scandinavian players going to Premier league clubs and we presumably haven't been in for them.....with his background, that is weird.

I think SG will be scapegoated for everything....and that could be a danger.

I still see many things under SG , that I saw under DS despite their conntrasting styles.....I still see the same errors,now,  as I saw with Dean.

I am not convinced with the recruitment either, Kamara aside......Whats happening now, not buying any players, are we clearing the decks, for the new guy?....There is a strange vibe, coming from our lot.

Its folly to say SG has no blame.....but I just think, this thing is broader, then we think.

I ask the question........The owners are benefactors, but how much do they manage,us, do they leave it ALL up to Purslow......too many questions unanswered to me, this is what happens when, it goes tits up.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I wouldn't get carried away, we were okay with DS, we will be okay with a new manager, if, it's the right appointment. 

We are at a low at the moment because of Gerrard's incompetence to do the job,, if we were winning games, the back room big boys would not get a mention.

Do you trust Purslow to appoint the next coach if he so decides? What if he brings in another of his old mates, would Lange not have the same issues again?

At the very least I think it all needs looking at, and the next head coach appointment is very very important.

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Do you trust Purslow to appoint the next coach if he so decides? What if he brings in another of his old mates, would Lange not have the same issues again?

At the very least I think it all needs looking at, and the next head coach appointment is very very important.

Admitted Gerrards appointment has been a complete **** up, but personally apart from that, I don't think Purslow has done to much wrong, he brought in Smith a fans favorite remember.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Admitted Gerrards appointment has been a complete **** up, but personally apart from that, I don't think Purslow has done to much wrong, he brought in Smith a fans favorite remember.

At Villa, Purslow has appointed Jesus, Smith, Lange and Gerrard. Also tried to apppoint Thierry Henry. At Liverpool, he appointed Roy Hodgson.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

For me it's not just appointing Gerrard, it's the licence he's then allowed him across the club. I can appreciate the benefits Purslow brings, that's why I'm not calling for his head, the commercial side, the financial side, the FFP knowledge and understanding, all first rate.

However he needs to keep out of the football side, trust his sporting director to do his job, and stick to what he's good at.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I think one of his old mates, which is widely rolled out, is a disingenuous comment.

He knew his background, He knew his winning mentaility and crikey, we needed some of that.....and he placed his judgment in him.

That judgment is now in serious question......I honestly thought it would work too.

Now we are in serious danger of going in to a slide, we can't come out of.

I will watch with interest, but judging by the reluctance to buy players.....I will be shocked, if he's here, much longer.

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

So I need to change my avatar yes? 

What a mare he has had here.

Yes and no , I think he’s signed enough quality we just haven’t got the manager to get the best out of them. 

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

At Villa, Purslow has appointed Jesus, Smith, Lange and Gerrard. Also tried to apppoint Thierry Henry. At Liverpool, he appointed Roy Hodgson.

Who did he appoint at Chelsea?

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

That is not a list that fills me with confidence to be honest. 

Put this here as it's sporting director basics...

This is why you sign 23/24 year olds like Wolves did with DenDonk. It really isn't hard.

They don't want him any more and are getting what they paid back. Maybe a bit more.

We will not be seeing a penny back for Digne, Carlos, Coutinho, Ings.

The only way it was going to work is if we succeeded immediately. The idea wasn't the worst, you do need experience in your team. Needed the right manager though and we had one worse than Tim Sherwood.

Edited by Tomaszk

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Well, Scott Parker, spoke up.

I have been surprised, when I have seen some good scandinavian players going to Premier league clubs and we presumably haven't been in for them.....with his background, that is weird.

I think SG will be scapegoated for everything....and that could be a danger.

I still see many things under SG , that I saw under DS despite their conntrasting styles.....I still see the same errors,now,  as I saw with Dean.

I am not convinced with the recruitment either, Kamara aside......Whats happening now, not buying any players, are we clearing the decks, for the new guy?....There is a strange vibe, coming from our lot.

Its folly to say SG has no blame.....but I just think, this thing is broader, then we think.

I ask the question........The owners are benefactors, but how much do they manage,us, do they leave it ALL up to Purslow......too many questions unanswered to me, this is what happens when, it goes tits up.

Well, Scott Parker, spoke up. - and was promptly sacked, Lange didn't appoint Gerrard, I'm not sure why he should fall on his sword for that? Rather he should be judged on an appointment he's made himself. Sporting directors are supposed to work in the background, and I'd rather our dirty laundry not be aired in that way.

I have been surprised, when I have seen some good scandinavian players going to Premier league clubs and we presumably haven't been in for them.....with his background, that is weird. - really not sure of the relevance of this? He's Scandinavian and has contacts there sure, but that doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, were the players good enough? Were they what we needed at the time? Did they fit in with our policy? Why, when we quite clearly run a very tight ship in terms of leaks do you presume we weren't in for or at least looking at them? Did he suggest them and Gerrard said no?

I think SG will be scapegoated for everything....and that could be a danger. - He may well be, but he shouldn't, I agree we need to look deeper than that.

I still see many things under SG , that I saw under DS despite their conntrasting styles.....I still see the same errors,now,  as I saw with Dean. - There are comparisons sure, but I'm more of the mind that if your team is playing badly then a lot of things begin to look similar, rather than anything deeper than that.

I am not convinced with the recruitment either, Kamara aside......Whats happening now, not buying any players, are we clearing the decks, for the new guy?....There is a strange vibe, coming from our lot. - The situation we are in with the manager likely leaving I'm not surprised there's little stomach to spend big sums. I have a feeling something happened on the Australia tour, though I admit I can't put my finger on what, I think the reigns were pulled in somewhat after that. 

Its folly to say SG has no blame.....but I just think, this thing is broader, then we think. - As above, I agree we need to look deeper than just Gerrard.

I ask the question........The owners are benefactors, but how much do they manage,us, do they leave it ALL up to Purslow......too many questions unanswered to me, this is what happens when, it goes tits up. - As I understand it yes, that's how it is, these guys have multiple mutli-million pound businesses and can only dedicate so much time to each. I imagine they pop their head in now and again and have regular contact with Purslow, but Purslow runs the day to day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Well, Scott Parker, spoke up. - and was promptly sacked, Lange didn't appoint Gerrard, I'm not sure why he should fall on his sword for that? Rather he should be judged on an appointment he's made himself. Sporting directors are supposed to work in the background, and I'd rather our dirty laundry not be aired in that way.

I have been surprised, when I have seen some good scandinavian players going to Premier league clubs and we presumably haven't been in for them.....with his background, that is weird. - really not sure of the relevance of this? He's Scandinavian and has contacts there sure, but that doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, were the players good enough? Were they what we needed at the time? Did they fit in with our policy? Why, when we quite clearly run a very tight ship in terms of leaks do you presume we weren't in for or at least looking at them? Did he suggest them and Gerrard said no?

I think SG will be scapegoated for everything....and that could be a danger. - He may well be, but he shouldn't, I agree we need to look deeper than that.

I still see many things under SG , that I saw under DS despite their conntrasting styles.....I still see the same errors,now,  as I saw with Dean. - There are comparisons sure, but I'm more of the mind that if your team is playing badly then a lot of things begin to look similar, rather than anything deeper than that.

I am not convinced with the recruitment either, Kamara aside......Whats happening now, not buying any players, are we clearing the decks, for the new guy?....There is a strange vibe, coming from our lot. - The situation we are in with the manager likely leaving I'm not surprised there's little stomach to spend big sums. I have a feeling something happened on the Australia tour, though I admit I can't put my finger on what, I think the reigns were pulled in somewhat after that. 

Its folly to say SG has no blame.....but I just think, this thing is broader, then we think. - As above, I agree we need to look deeper than just Gerrard.

I ask the question........The owners are benefactors, but how much do they manage,us, do they leave it ALL up to Purslow......too many questions unanswered to me, this is what happens when, it goes tits up. - As I understand it yes, that's how it is, these guys have multiple mutli-million pound businesses and can only dedicate so much time to each. I imagine they pop their head in now and again and have regular contact with Purslow, but Purslow runs the day to day.

Agree with your reponses.

My only doubt is with your first line....if Gerrard is responsible for his players, he hasn't signed......Lange, equally must do the same.

Bought Lange in all the way from Denmark just so he can draw up a list of targets of Bednarek and Dendoncker. Seriously? 
I dont get the point of him.

Our transfer strategy really needs assessing in the summer. 

• Like 1

Â