• El Ghazi (Davis, 82)
    • McGinn (Hourihane, 60)
    • Trezeguet (Nakamba, 82)
    • Taylor (Targett, 11)
    • Elmohamady (Konsa, 60)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/20 at 22:59

59 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/53206121 

Just another excuse as usual Dean. Wolves also played at the same time as us on Wednesday. They don’t exactly have a big squad either.

Like everyone else, not sure I can be ****ed for the rest of the season. We’re down and we need big changes at the end of the season.

Ten days ago we had played one game less than the rest in the league, after today we have played one game more, that’s four games in 10 days  a big ask at anytime let alone after a 3 month break, it doesn’t help that we are also largely shit, but the players must be knackered, whereas the Champions don’t play their third game for another five days

53 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

This rot is the result of a stubborn MON. 8 points ahead of Arsenal and we signed Heskey. We were offered Falcao and Cavani and another midfielder but I've never found out his name. He signed Heskey. Then cried and ran off when Lerner said no to McGeady.

Yep. Falcao, Moutinho, Cavani were players who could have taken us to that next level and as a top 6 team at the time we would certainly have been an attractive place for them. MON just couldn’t see his arse from his elbow when signing players.

What a shame.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate this is always laughable.

But call Sherwood a blagger all we want, at least he inspired fight and passion.

For what he lacked in "Ability" he made up for with sheer willpower and attitude, and a willingness to throw the sink.

I said after Newcastle that Tim would keep us up.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, smg said:

Ten days ago we had played one game less than the rest in the league, after today we have played one game more, that’s four games in 10 days  a big ask at anytime let alone after a 3 month break, it doesn’t help that we are also largely shit, but the players must be knackered, whereas the Champions don’t play their third game for another five days

I’m sorry but it’s just excuses. We played our game in hand but for this game both had had the same rest period. Wolves have been playing since July ffs with a small squad, they don’t complain.

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Yep. Falcao, Moutinho, Cavani were players who could have taken us to that next level and as a top 6 team at the time we would certainly have been an attractive place for them. MON just couldn’t see his arse from his elbow when signing players.

What a shame.

Even if they failed we still would have made a profit on them. Falcoa even though he has had serious injuries is still banging them in on the continent. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Wolves is such a well drilled team.

Knows exactly what they are doing.

Not often you come across a team that is so defensively strong.

They are strong in defence, midfield and attack too. I think that is Nuno’s real achievement. He has a squad who know what they should be doing and have the confidence that it will succeed.

It will be interesting to see how far they can go this season and in the future. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I’m sorry but it’s just excuses. We played our game in hand but for this game both had had the same rest period. Wolves have been playing since July ffs with a small squad, they don’t complain.

The Wolves squad have had to go through the incredibly gruelling process off getting to the Europa League round of 16 as well. If any squad deserves to be suffering from fatigue it is them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Even if they failed we still would have made a profit on them. Falcoa even though he has had serious injuries is still banging them in on the continent. 

Would have been better investment than likes of Heskey, Reo Coker and Sidwell anyway.

1 minute ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Would have been better investment than likes of Heskey, Reo Coker and Sidwell anyway.

NRC and Sidwell were bought to get us higher up. Heskey is the one who we shouldn't have signed. 

3 hours ago, rendelc said:

If you don’t score goals you don’t win games.    We are so **** .

And if you concede, you don't get draws.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

They are strong in defence, midfield and attack too. I think that is Nuno’s real achievement. He has a squad who know what they should be doing and have the confidence that it will succeed.

It will be interesting to see how far they can go this season and in the future. 

They need to keep all their players for sure if they want to advance to the next level.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Kind of what I expected. They are much better than us and without the crowd it’s just like a training match for us. 

It’s over.

Sadly, it was over some time ago......"hope" is the only currency we are dealing in.

We lose these games during the drinks break and half time because opposing manager's have the ability to see issues that need correcting on the field and put it into practice. We only react when we're losing and I just don't see any tactical nouse from Smith and his staff. There was a draw there today possibly, but in truth, we'd reached our maximum whilst Wolves could easily have stepped up the gears. Jut feel flat and numb to this and haven't enjoyed this season at all because we simply haven't been competitive enough and do not have enough quality. 

We didn't lay a glove on Wolves today. We looked organised again and Luiz stood out as the most composed and assured player on the field for us, but we were simply out thought (again) tactically by a far superior manager and team. Every time we attacked we were out numbered so heavily by their defence. We're too easy to beat, too easy to bully and it's too easy to nullify any threat we may have, noticeably by shutting off Grealish and forcing him into our own half.

The teams around us just won't keep losing and we're essentially gifting three games to the opposition as we'd do well to take zero points from today, Liverpool and United. Plan just hasn't worked and after so much hope, exceitement and expectation it now feels as if we're just awaiting the inevitable. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

What did you expect today ? To win 4-0, lads spraying ball about Barca-esgue? Sometimes you just have to put your hands up and say we lost to a better team. Today was that day. 

I expected us to close down with the same tenacity as they did......I have expected that all season and I have not seen it.

Their defensive capability in midfield of winning most headers and denying us the oxygen to breathe, by stifleing our touch, to start attacks.....it eventually drains the belief out of you......we were once again outpointed, using boxing terms......we have stopped the knock downs, but our ring craft, is just not there....so we just hang in there, creating nothing.

We have drifted in to this gradually and it has got incrementally worse.....we have just not got the nous to reverse it.

This is a management team who have lost the belief of the players and vice versa.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Not complaining just stating the fact that our players have now played 90 minutes more not an excuse a fact. Wolves may have started in July but against shite opponents who would have been seen as part of their pre season instead of friendlies, the last 3 months rest  would have also been a factor in negating this early start. I don’t know when next season starts but the July start you mention might catch up at some point next seaso not this..

3 minutes ago, chappy said:

Douglas Luiz good everyone else bad. Copy and paste from the last three games.

The 21 year old Brazilian still trying to find his feet is showing more fight than every other player.

Disgrace.

Playing 2 up top was worth a go but the formation made no sense and I'm still trying to fathom how Dean thought he was going to make it work. If you play Samatta and Davis up there then you obviously need someone who is going to cross the ball to them. Who was that supposed to be? You need either wing-backs, attacking full-backs or at least one winger. We had one attacking full-back who went off after 10 minutes. Elmo and El Ghazi needed to start for that option to have any chance of being a success. 

Just watched The Villa View and a lad that was invited on there made a good point. Knowing Wolves like to sit back we should've done the same and tried to draw them out and hit them on the break. We played into their hands and without any plan of how to score against them, it seems. Very frustrating to watch and with little hope that we'll see an improvement.

• Like 2

Â