Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Hate it.

BUT.

Devil is in the details, it all depends on what the buyback option is worth and how it’s worded. Difficult to know what to expect when so few of these have actually been triggered.

This could be a blueprint for future deals as well. We have a lot of good young players and they will need to play real games to progress. Should the Villa persist as a top 6 team or better it would make it that much more difficult for them to find the game time with the big club. The loan option has been the obvious solution in the past, however, due to how ffp rules are, deals like the AJ’s might be more efficient.

Let’s hope he smashes it and is back within a couple of years.

6 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Hate it.

BUT.

Devil is in the details, it all depends on what the buyback option is worth and how it’s worded. Difficult to know what to expect when so few of these have actually been triggered.

This could be a blueprint for future deals as well. We have a lot of good young players and they will need to play real games to progress. Should the Villa persist as a top 6 team or better it would make it that much more difficult for them to find the game time with the big club. The loan option has been the obvious solution in the past, however, due to how ffp rules are, deals like the AJ’s might be more efficient.

Hopefully you’re right. 

If Monchi wasn’t here no chance we would have even suggested this buy back clause, it’s good money for a player who has played 0 minutes in the premier, he wasnt going to get much game time or make the matchday squad with the current players in front of him, see how he gets on there and take up this buy back if he shows he is decent in the premier 

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Hate it.

BUT.

It's also the reality that we are stuck with a bunch of deadwood we cannot shift for another year potentially because of their wages/transfer fees. I really dislike the idea of selling our top youth because we can't shift the deadwood off.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Maybe Aaron himself said he'd like to leave 

Yes this is correct, I posted this last season that he had turn down a new improved contract offer 

Doesn't matter how I know but feel free to check back in the thread. Hes leaving chaps. Nothing to do with Emery. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Yes this is correct, I posted this last season that he had turn down a new improved contract offer 

Doesn't matter how I now but feel free to check back in the thread. Hes leaving chaps. Nothing to do with Emery. 

IT's a difficult one isn't it?

Sometimes you've actually got to consider the players side as well.

He'll have seen his brother thrive and will want to stake his own claim and be his own man at top level too.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

I think this one will hurt more than say Archer or another youth player, because he’s Jacobs brother. I think most on here were hoping/expecting them both to be mainstays in the senior team. May still happen of course, if any buy back clause is activated.

• Like 1

Him leaving because of refusing to sign a contract doesn't make sense, if he was leaving for that reason then we wouldn't bbe negotiating his terms should he return, could say that that isn't true but if you don't believe that part then why believe the rest as it's all come from the same source, also if he was leaving of his own accord, or because of refusing to sign a contract we wouldn't be putting buy-back-clause in the deal

25 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

If Monchi wasn’t here no chance we would have even suggested this buy back clause, it’s good money for a player who has played 0 minutes in the premier, was no chance he was going to get much game time with the current players in front of him, see how he gets on there and take up this buy back if he’l shows he is decent in the premier 

Why do you think that?  On the basis that the rest of us have head of a buy back clause, it's hard to believe that it's a brand new sporting director to suggest one. 

I'd suggest it's more the fact that for the very first time we are in a position where a player would consider signing a buy back clause with us. It's worth remembering that the player also needs to agree to it and up until now we were attractive enough that anyone would think about doing that. 

It might be done but I seriously doubt it's anything to do with him refusing to sign contract for reasons given, also if he was refusing to sign contract I doubt he would have been training with first team, or starting first friendly against Walsall.

17 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Doesn't matter how I know but feel free to check back in the thread. Hes leaving chaps. Nothing to do with Emery. 

would seem he wants to blaze his own path. especially considering it his entry into the team would in some cases mean in place of his brother

godspeed AJ

1 minute ago, useless said:

It might be done but I seriously doubt it's anything to do with him refusing to sign contract for reasons given, also if he was refusing to sign contract I doubt he would have been training with first team, or starting first friendly against Walsall.

Mate, No pun intended. 12 months left, The lad wants to play football every week at the highest level and not be a bit part sub. 

Nothing to do with Emery not wanting him or him wanting more money. 

He wants to start every week 

12 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Mate, No pun intended. 12 months left, The lad wants to play football every week at the highest level and not be a bit part sub. 

Nothing to do with Emery not wanting him or him wanting more money. 

He wants to start every week 

He could have signed a new deal and gone on loan to do that though!  Doesn't help your point that you're being incredibly patronising to another poster who is offering valid reasoning as to why it doesn't totally make sense.

26 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Why do you think that?  On the basis that the rest of us have head of a buy back clause, it's hard to believe that it's a brand new sporting director to suggest one. 

I'd suggest it's more the fact that for the very first time we are in a position where a player would consider signing a buy back clause with us. It's worth remembering that the player also needs to agree to it and up until now we were attractive enough that anyone would think about doing that. 

I'd say it is a Monchi thing as this is for more common in Spanish football than it is over here.  

Â