Aaron Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

6 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Going to be quite strange if he comes into the first team next season and starts competing for his brothers slot in the first team.

Watched him a lot at Cheltenham and didn't think he would make it, he then put some good performances in for Norwich and tailed off. His performances for Boro have been brilliant so far though, and you can tell the loans have benefitted him massively. Another season on loan, with consistent games may help him; but I don't think he's far away now.

I was the same. He just didnt seem to have anything that stood out, but i no nothing abour football. Lots of people who do rate him really highly. 

He has an ability somehow to score scruffy goals . Always has done. And has really good undertanding of whats going on around him.  And now he is growing into a man he is able to show more of his skillset. A bit like Archer .  He has genuine pace though.  Once he is on the run you are not catching him.  Musiala off Wish would be my description🤣🤣. Which is not a bad thing at all 

Won't be easy as only ten games left, and wouldn't be surprised to see Middlesbrough rotate him at time as they have good options for that level on the bench.

But would be good to see him get double figures this season, would be a remarkable achievement for a young midfielder at that level, Mason Mount at the same age scored eight when on loan with Derby and played a lot more minutes than Ramsey has played.

He's already equalled Grealish's best season at Championship level in terms of goals scored.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

JJ is more of a hard running 8, while AJ is a technical 10. Am I wrong?

You're right but in our current team JJ is playing as one of the more advanced midfielders which is likely where AJ would also fit in. 

6 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

alrights lads, thought i'd comer on here and give my view of ramsey, i'm a Boro season ticket holder. 

Right prior to getting him when the rumours started he was coming. i went straight to the Pinkun Norwich forum and had a look at their thoughts. Not a great deal of comments about him. they seemed a little bitter that he left them so probably caused uncalled for negative comments. Which is how i perceived it.

I was hopeful he would do well. he seemed like the sort of player we needed. that baller with a bit of pace to help us open teams up.  Carrick has us knocking the ball about. the players get round each other showing for the ball at times we look really good. Way to good in patches for a championship side. So i figured we would fit in with the system.

Anyhow, first few games he didnt really make much impact and struggled a bit, not unsurprising you could see he was getting up to speed back from his injury. but he looked quick and has a nice touch and looks to go forward. seemed like can be quick direct when needed. 

then against QPR he looked much better i though he looked like he deserved to be in the team. forss was dropped for him and he was doing quite well. 

the last couple of games wow he is really settled into the team and is showing his ability. against reading he was one of the best players on the pitch. then again vs swansea. though against swansea i thought he was the best player on the pitch. kids going places. 

What are your thoughts on Archer? If you don’t go up, which I think you will as you seem to have all the momentum, I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to loan a few of our players again next year. Personally, I think another year out on loan for Ramsey, Archer and Iroegbunam would do them the world of good. 

8 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

JJ is more of a hard running 8, while AJ is a technical 10. Am I wrong?

Your correct , technically AJ is much stronger , JJ has the mileage / engine  

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

What are your thoughts on Archer? If you don’t go up, which I think you will as you seem to have all the momentum, I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to loan a few of our players again next year. Personally, I think another year out on loan for Ramsey, Archer and Iroegbunam would do them the world of good. 

i love archer buddy, he makes plenty of runs and stretches defenses creating space for ramsey mcgree and akpom all the time. prem teams can only loan one player from other prem teams. i'll have ramsey back please lol. can we buy archer to. thanks haha

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Gotta love VT. Aaron Ramsey has a couple of good games and now he's is better than Jacob and is the next coming of Messi. 

i heard he was better than Messi and laser beams come out of his eyes.

No idea how he played as wasn't able to see the game other than five minute spell in which they happened to score, Ramsey did well for that though, broke through the middle and played through Riley McGree who crossed for Akpom.  Middlebrough really could have done with winning if they want automatic promotion, need Sunderland to do them a favor tomorrow now.

I'm hoping they can go up automatically as will mean Ramsey can play at the U20 World Cup, if MIddlesbrough are in the Play-Offs he won't be able to go to World Cup as it starts before the play-offs.

• Like 1

I watched it earlier. AJ had a good opening half an hour playing from the left hand side. He regularly moved infield leaving space for the left back, Giles, on the overlap. He linked up well with Giles as well as Akpom. It was reminiscent of JJ and Moreno at times on the left. After half an hour he was moved to the right hand side where he was not as effective. In the second half Stoke marked the Middlesbrough players tightly and he struggled to find space (as did Archer and his other his teammates). Middlesbrough were not good enough to play around Stoke's pressure.

Middlesbrough's style seems fairly similar to ours - play it around the back, draw them in, then spring forward quickly. In that regard I can see why Archer and AJ have been sent on loan there.

He seems more skillful than JJ, closer to Grealish in style where JJ is closer to Milner. He doesn't have the strength and dribbling ability that JJ has, but he has something that he sorely lacks, which is the ability to see a pass early, and before the defenders. Not sure if JJ can ever develop that, but I can see Aaron developing physically to get to his brother's level. I now see why it's been said that he's the more talented of the 2.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2023 at 14:40, Dynamo Kev said:

alrights lads, thought i'd comer on here and give my view of ramsey, i'm a Boro season ticket holder. 

Right prior to getting him when the rumours started he was coming. i went straight to the Pinkun Norwich forum and had a look at their thoughts. Not a great deal of comments about him. they seemed a little bitter that he left them so probably caused uncalled for negative comments. Which is how i perceived it.

I was hopeful he would do well. he seemed like the sort of player we needed. that baller with a bit of pace to help us open teams up.  Carrick has us knocking the ball about. the players get round each other showing for the ball at times we look really good. Way to good in patches for a championship side. So i figured we would fit in with the system.

Anyhow, first few games he didnt really make much impact and struggled a bit, not unsurprising you could see he was getting up to speed back from his injury. but he looked quick and has a nice touch and looks to go forward. seemed like can be quick direct when needed. 

then against QPR he looked much better i though he looked like he deserved to be in the team. forss was dropped for him and he was doing quite well. 

the last couple of games wow he is really settled into the team and is showing his ability. against reading he was one of the best players on the pitch. then again vs swansea. though against swansea i thought he was the best player on the pitch. kids going places. 

Consistency is key, for up and coming players to find......he is young, so it will take some time to find....but I have always liked this boy, I feel he has the necessary football intelligence to make it.

22 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Gotta love VT. Aaron Ramsey has a couple of good games and now he's is better than Jacob and is the next coming of Messi. 

he's better than that😆

Â