The economic impact of Covid-19

Genie

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Genie said:

It appears that Rishi Sinai is going to extend the furlough scheme until March ‘21. 
Details to follow in the commons today.

More support for the cash in hand self employed tradesmen of the UK. Christmas has come early again. 

6 hours ago, Genie said:

It appears that Rishi Sinai is going to extend the furlough scheme until March ‘21. 
Details to follow in the commons today.

Well that can’t be true, we were told there wasn’t the money for 2 weeks of furlough here.

Clearly you’re mistaken.

• Like 3

Furlough until mid March...Anyone think Lockdown is ending in the first week of December?

I'm expecting it until mid-December, some time off because "IT'S CHRISTMAAAAASSS!" followed by another one in January.

You wouldn't know there was a "lockdown" today.

M42 rammed at 6.30am, Solihull rammed at 4.30pm tonight.

I mean, just why bother? Nothing has changed.

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Well that can’t be true, we were told there wasn’t the money for 2 weeks of furlough here.

Clearly you’re mistaken.

Have you tried detaching Wales and towing it around to the south east?

Raining Money GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Furlough until mid March...Anyone think Lockdown is ending in the first week of December?

Boris said yesterday it will only be 4 weeks so we can be absolutely certain of 1 thing, it won’t be 4 weeks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Have you tried detaching Wales and towing it around to the south east?

That was sort of the plan a few years ago, but we were towing it to the caribbean to try and qualify for a tournament (any tournament) in the football.

You just know we’d have beaten Mexico only to trip up at home against The Grenadines.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

You wouldn't know there was a "lockdown" today.

M42 rammed at 6.30am, Solihull rammed at 4.30pm tonight.

I mean, just why bother? Nothing has changed.

Roads did seem normal to me but the supermarket I went to was deserted. Result! Shelves fully stocked and virtually no-one in there. 

7 hours ago, Genie said:

More support for the cash in hand self employed tradesmen of the UK. Christmas has come early again. 

If they are taking cash in hand, then it’s not declared on their tax return... and the self-employed scheme gives you money based on your tax returns, so you would get the grant based on what you declared

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

If they are taking cash in hand, then it’s not declared on their tax return... and the self-employed scheme gives you money based on your tax returns, so you would get the grant based on what you declared

It’s based on your previous profits so one could claim the 80% of previous profits as a lump sum, then keep current work out of the books to ensure to make a loss. Result, double money. 

Dear Northern Independence Party,

We're spunking the pot on getting from London to Birmingham 15 minutes quicker.

There was a notion for more, but do you think that's happening now?

Hahahahahahaha! Covid's expensive you know? 

F*** You,

Westminster

Yeah, I reckon that’s the Peak District.

No knowledge about that area and whether they are ‘different’ in some way.

Actually, there does appear to be a notch around the Peak District on the old kingdom of Northumbria. Perhaps they’ve just over egged it on their graphic.

Â