The economic impact of Covid-19

Genie

Just now, wazzap24 said:

We could recover from this pretty easily, if everybody remembered that money isn’t real.

Money, debt and monetary policy are entirely man made concepts that could be changed in any way. We could completely reinvent/reboot the whole system and start again if we wanted to. 

We ain't supposed to talk about that  now get back on the hamster wheel.🤭

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

We ain't supposed to talk about that  now get back on the hamster wheel.🤭

True though innit? 

Totally made up b******s. It’s just like religion really - made up by man to control man. 

2 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

True though innit? 

Totally made up b******s. It’s just like religion really - made up by man to control man. 

All religions boil down to astronomy and geometry.  There is still a lot of wisdom in those coded religions.

46 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

We could recover from this pretty easily, if everybody remembered that money isn’t real.

Money, debt and monetary policy are entirely man made concepts that could be changed in any way. We could completely reinvent/reboot the whole system and start again if we wanted to. 

Ill try that a Morrisons tomorrow. Just walk out without paying and if asked, i'll just say money isn't real :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

As I suspected, Arsenal getting battered on all fronts on social media.

They must be run by clueless idiots.

I bet the annual salaries of all 55 staff probably works out to about a month of Ozil's wages. 

They'll find the money to increase Auba's contract if he stays or offer Willian's a fortune. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Ill try that a Morrisons tomorrow. Just walk out without paying and if asked, i'll just say money isn't real :) 

No, no, no.

Suits first.

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

I bet the annual salaries of all 55 staff probably works out to about a month of Ozil's wages. 

They'll find the money to increase Auba's contract if he stays or offer Willian's a fortune. 

If the staff are on an average of £50k a year, then “carrying them” for 6 months will cost the club (and it’s billionaire owners) about £1.3m.

That’s about £100k less than what is reported to be Ozil’s monthly basic (which they offered him even though he was playing shit at the time). Joke club.

£50k is a bit optimistic! I assumed they'd be ticket office staff or admin!

Anyway, some of the staff may welcome redundancy, we shouldn't forget about that. They may be rubbing their hands with glee. 

To be able to shed 55 staff at a business as small as a football club would seem to indicate they haven't really had their eye on the ball for a while. 

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

I’m one step ahead.

Time isn’t real either, so I combined the two and walked out of Goldsmiths with a Rolex. 

It’s why I’ve not been posting much recently, the WiFi in Winson Green is woeful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

£50k is a bit optimistic! I assumed they'd be ticket office staff or admin!

Anyway, some of the staff may welcome redundancy, we shouldn't forget about that. They may be rubbing their hands with glee. 

To be able to shed 55 staff at a business as small as a football club would seem to indicate they haven't really had their eye on the ball for a while. 

Yeah, could be anybody really. Marketing, engineering, project management, ticketing, retail. I went fairly high as it’s London. As you say, it could actually be around 2 weeks of a player who they can afford to not even plays wages. 

A load of people on LBC banging the drum to force people back into cities and offices, as city centres are suffering, while suburbs and town are doing much better

Crazy that people want the public to spend hours a day commuting into offices, just so Pret can make some money

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

A load of people on LBC banging the drum to force people back into cities and offices, as city centres are suffering, while suburbs and town are doing much better

Crazy that people want the public to spend hours a day commuting into offices, just so Pret can make some money

Its crazy isn't it...

Getting loads of people back into a small space during a pandemic or move the shop out to the safer area people currently are 🤔

1 hour ago, Mozzavfc said:

The sound of panic setting in.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The sound of panic setting in.

They later had a Brexit MEP on who said that businesses should sack staff who don't want to come into office (despite them being as productive at home)

Madness

2 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

It’s not just so Pret can make some money though is it, I wish it was that simple.

It Pret make money Pret can employ people, if they don’t make money then jobs will go, more jobs, on top of the thousands lost already.

It’s catch-22, stay home and avoid the virus but risk financial ruin which may lead to other health problems, or go out and work, risk catching the virus but avoid destitution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mozzavfc said:

They later had a Brexit MEP on who said that businesses should sack staff who don't want to come into office (despite them being as productive at home)

Madness

I hadn't fully grasped how wedded the Tories are to offices, traffic jams and commercial real estate, though I probably should have done.

I think this might be their second Big Mistake since the election to be honest (the first was not sacking Cummings). They may be misunderstanding how much things have changed. A lot of people, including a lot of their voters, have spent an indian spring sat in the back garden working as much as necessary and no more, and mostly loving it. This is not unconnected to why their polling numbers are so high.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It’s not just so Pret can make some money though is it, I wish it was that simple.

It Pret make money Pret can employ people, if they don’t make money then jobs will go, more jobs, on top of the thousands lost already.

It’s catch-22, stay home and avoid the virus but risk financial ruin which may lead to other health problems, or go out and work, risk catching the virus but avoid destitution.

That’s the only way it will work?

There’s no possible way pret could have a localised home delivery service?

Pret couldn’t have a 4 person mobile operation in my town of 45,000 souls, we all have to get in cars for an hour to sit in offices to go to them between 1:00pm and 2:00pm

This is tory Britain, they can evolve their model or die. Why not go back to a version of the old office tea lady system. Remember when Mabel used to come around the office at 10:30am with strong tea from an urn and a cheese n pickle sandwich wrapped in a kilo of cling film? Why can’t that be done by local High Street deli’s? If the national chain can’t come to my house with some choices at 10:30, **** ‘em. Evolve or die Pret.

Imagine how many more would be employed ‘ice cream van’ style. A little jingle, van parks up, nip out and get a coffee and an iced bun and say hi! To the neighbours. no, no, no let’s all cough on a shitty overpriced train for 2 hours like the good old days before covid.

Trouble with the 4 guys from the local deli model, far less share holders, far less London based corporate HQ, far less kick backs for ministers.

Get back to the office you plebs! My property portfolio is taking a kicking.

• Like 3

Â