Best foreign Premier League player ever?

zab6359

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

was coming to say bergkamp, just a brilliant player to watch play football, stood out from the others

probably henry 2nd

Probably my picks as well. C Ronaldo left just when he was approaching his peak otherwise he'd obviously also be a candidate.

If its non Villa players then its definitely David Silva, an absolute genius and changed how midfielders are signed in England. Teams are no longer looking for just powerhouse centre midfielders

Probably Man City greatest ever player as well

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Probably my picks as well. C Ronaldo left just when he was approaching his peak otherwise he'd obviously also be a candidate.

yeah I have a problem with Ronaldo in the PL in that he was obviously good, he won the league, CL, ballon dor but he then went up another couple of gears at madrid, he went best in the world conversation to best player ever conversation at madrid, I also think that it was still his formative years at utd, he wasn't world class for all of them

so when you factor those 2 things in (plus that he was a utd player) im close to saying in the context of him being considered for best ever in the PL (sky had him as 2nd behind henry) I think he's almost a bit overrated...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

If its non Villa players then its definitely David Silva, an absolute genius and changed how midfielders are signed in England. Teams are no longer looking for just powerhouse centre midfielders

Probably Man City greatest ever player as well

Cant disagree with you. I think De Bruyne is the man that makes City tick now but for longevity Silva gets my vote 

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Early days Cantona was amazing.  

Bergkamp for longevity.

Henry was my favourite.

Would struggle to top these three mentioned above

Zola was fantastic. Patrick Vieira as well. 

17 hours ago, PaulC said:

Cant disagree with you. I think De Bruyne is the man that makes City tick now but for longevity Silva gets my vote 

I should have mentioned longevity too, top of his game for a decade now, Henry was about 5 years, Ronaldo just the 3

based on the number of polls that are doing the rounds on social media at the moment im under the impression that a fair few city fans consider Toure as the best they've had, in the conversation with scholes, gerrard and lampard

I really don't see it personally, good player but I never found him that special or magical like silva (I put aguero in that pigeon hole too...great player but I get no real joy from watching him play)

Edited by villa4europe

Â