What's cooking / VT cookbook merge

trimandson

Do you like to cook ?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to cook ?

• Yes
    • No

You could just make a pico, which is basically what Shillzz said but with lime juice rather than lemon, using a red onion rather than a white onion, adding a bit of chilli and white wine vinegar and being very generous with the coriander (has to be fresh). Really basic but tastes great and will give a bit of zing to combat the sweetness of the potatoes.

It's okay if you both eat garlic.

Tell that to her mate who's joining us later

So ... you mean like ... the bit after the meal ... :detect:  Hehe, giggety.

Homemade curry.

It's just never as good as the glow-in-the-dark shit from a takeaway.

I don't have the vocalu, the vocobolar ... the words to disagree strongly enough with this.

Homemade curry.

It's just never as good as the glow-in-the-dark shit from a takeaway.

I don't have the vocalu, the vocobolar ... the words to disagree strongly enough with this.

I used to agree that it was impossible to make a takeaway quality curry but after a good while practising you get the hang of it.

My first look into this thread and it sounds like we have quite a few good cooks on here eh! I shall be making my best meal (according to the Mrs) tomorrow - Linguine Alfredo (rather than a tomato based gravy). Alfredo sauce is basically a cheese sauce made with cream, butter and a generous amount of parmigiano reggiano for those who don't know. Simmer my prawns in a couple of splashes of pinot grigio, butter and garlic for a few minutes before adding the alfredo sauce and then gently tossing in the linguine. Simple, rich and very filling. (oh and garnish with parsley!)

Btw, that Burger cake is bloody amazing!

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

My first look into this thread and it sounds like we have quite a few good cooks on here eh! I shall be making my best meal (according to the Mrs) tomorrow - Linguine Alfredo (rather than a tomato based gravy). Alfredo sauce is basically a cheese sauce made with cream, butter and a generous amount of parmigiano reggiano for those who don't know. Simmer my prawns in a couple of splashes of pinot grigio, butter and garlic for a few minutes before adding the alfredo sauce and then gently tossing in the linguine. Simple, rich and very filling.

Nice but serious lack of veg going on

Â