Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

17 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Isn't Haaland the highest rated player in world football and BD only got 51m for him? Not great business from BD. Villa could have lost Chuk for a few hundred grand next summer and Purslow managed to get 20m. That looks like good management of our assets to me

Ita called a release clause. Its why he joined Dortmund and he got them Champions League for 3 seasons so sensible business

Don’t really have any beef with him. Won’t wish him luck as he isn’t a Villa player and don’t want our future competitors strengthened. £20m is such good business considering the contract situation. I don’t think we’d get that for Douglas Luiz and he’s actually a first team player and would be more of a statement loss.

Can’t really sugarcoat it too much as it’s bad to lose a great prospect but in the circumstances this probably ended in the best possible way. 

• Like 1

I am staggered, that we have done this business.

I never thought we would get anything like the fee's being reported.....shows what I know.

Congrats to the powers that be, for shrewd negotiation......whether he goes on to enhance his value or not.....a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

finish it off now and sign Gallagher.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Ita called a release clause. Its why he joined Dortmund and he got them Champions League for 3 seasons so sensible business

Isn't getting up to £20m (plus a possible sell-on fee), for an 18 year old who wanted to move away and would have left for virtually nothing in 10 months, sensible business?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I know why he was sold for 51m and I understand it was a release clause. Do u think by chance the BD CEO approved the insertion of a release clause in Haaland's contract? Yes CEOs may have to agree to a release clause to secure a contract, what is Purslow's history of inserting release clauses in contracts like? Oh yeah, we got 100m for Jack

1 minute ago, brommy said:

Isn't getting up to £20m (plus a possible sell-on fee), for an 18 year old who wanted to move away and would have left for virtually nothing in 10 months, sensible business?

Not while Gerrard and Purslow are at the club. Change the names and it would be brilliant business

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, brommy said:

On general would be a great move but Purslow said he was the best 18 year old in England

I think Purslow should shut up if honest but also I think Carney wanted to stay his brother and his friends are here. It is what it is

1 hour ago, markc said:

or a Scott Sinclair, or Steve Sidwell, or a Scott Parker (sure there are others)

A bit older than Chuck but top talent that went for the 'big' move and hardly got a game and potentially wasted a good part of their career.

I’ve scored as many Premier League goals as Chuk.

For once, we’re the team “doing a Brentford.”

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

On general would be a great move but Purslow said he was the best 18 year old in England

I think Purslow should shut up if honest but also I think Carney wanted to stay his brother and his friends are here. It is what it is

If Carney wanted to stay it was simple- he could have signed a contract anytime in the last couple of months. If he wanted to be with his brother we could have had a Ramsey and Chukwuemeka brothers Australia video. It is what it is and the club did the very best with what it was.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villaslash said:

If Carney wanted to stay it was simple- he could have signed a contract anytime in the last couple of months. If he wanted to be with his brother we could have had a Ramsey and Chukwuemeka brothers Australia video. It is what it is and the club did the very best with what it was.

I dont think his brother was in Australia 

6 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

The vitriol aimed at a player, an 18 year old player, for not signing a contract speaks volumes for those wishing him ill or insulting him.

In addition, you understand people have broken contracts / threatened to strike to join Villa before (Benteke), or wound down contracts to then join Villa for free (Kamara).

Its absurd. Have a **** word with yourself.

but he's gone to Chelsea and refused to sign a contract with us.  He's a fecking bell end.  End of.  I hope his career is underwhelming and short 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

but he's gone to Chelsea and refused to sign a contract with us.  He's a fecking bell end.  End of.  I hope his career is underwhelming and short 

I hope the lad has a long and healthy career and that he does well, just not at our expense. 

I do hope he lives to regret not signing a new contract with us. But my spite ends there. 

• Like 3

We’ve received a great fee, what on earth is there to be bitter about?

I’m disappointed he’s gone because I’m certain he’s going to end up very good but we have a great set of young players still here who we all hope can make an impact. 

A lot of weird posts in here. 

• Like 2

Â